• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Conversion to RCI Points

jailives

Reaction score
Are the RCI weeks to RCI points conversion (in resorts which are affiliated to the RCI Points program) done by the resorts or by RCI?

I believe there are some specific resorts where this conversion is done by RCI? Does someone know the names of these? Is there a list available somewhere?

By the way, what is the range of cost a resort charges to convert weeks to points?

Thanks

boyblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Following is a list of resorts for which RCI handles the conversion processing:

0450-Vistana
0936-Wapato Point
1325 The Mountainside at Silvercreek (as of 1/7/05)
1775-Clover Ridge
2339-San Luis Bay Club
4068-Cliffs Club at Snowbird
5148-Sandstone Creek Club

This list is dated 2/28/05

PA-

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was under the impression there were one or 2 others in Washington state and one or 2 others in BC that did it? One of the ones that sticks in my mind in Washington state had Snow in the name of the timeshare, like snowwater or something. No?

jailives

Reaction score
Madge, any more resorts?

boyblue thank you for response.

Madge, are there any more? Your help is appreciated.

I am asking this because when the resorts do the conversions they charge huge fees. Which I think are unreasonable and RCI should question the RCI points resorts and see to it that they refrain from using it as an opportunity to fleece their existing customers

jailives

Reaction score
Is anyone aware what RCI charges to convert a timeshare week at The Mountainside at Silvercreek from Weeks to RCI Points?

Last edited:

caribbean

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
There have been 2 posts in the last 6 months about this.

Following is a list of resorts for which RCI handles the conversion processing:
0450-Vistana
0936-Wapato Point
1325 The Mountainside at Silvercreek (as of 1/7/05)
1775-Clover Ridge
2339-San Luis Bay Club
4068-Cliffs Club at Snowbird
5148-Sandstone Creek Club

It likely varies by resort. However, to request that a member of our Points staff call you, leave a message at 888/909-4633. These folks will have specific information about the conversion offers.

Madge

and

Vistana 2153
Westgate 0899
Oak Plantation 4070
Sea Pines Plantation 0049
Spicebush 0147

20,000 bonus points are added to the first year's points as part of the $499 package

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
jailives said:
boyblue thank you for response.

Madge, are there any more? Your help is appreciated.

I am asking this because when the resorts do the conversions they charge huge fees. Which I think are unreasonable and RCI should question the RCI points resorts and see to it that they refrain from using it as an opportunity to fleece their existing customers
jailives,

Most resorts choose to do the conversions themselves. RCI does offer suggestions about pricing; however, the decision ultimately lies with the resorts.

The list provided in this thread is the most current.

Scott Graham

TUG Member
Reaction score
I converted my Vistana week to Points four years ago for $499. That also included one year's RCI Points fees ($99). Points has worked very well for me.

Anyway, after seeing this post a couple weeks ago, I checked with Vistana, who then directed me to RCI, and asked how much it would cost to convert a second Vistana (resale) week, if I dedided to buy one.

RCI said the cost was $100 - which is rather reasonable.

ruckjack

Reaction score
Mountainside conversion

jailives said:
Is anyone aware what RCI charges to convert a timeshare week at The Mountainside at Silvercreek from Weeks to RCI Points?
I converted today for $699, and got 25,000 bonus points.

I could have paid $399 for a trial three year conversion, and then would have paid an additional $300 at the end of the three years. (still totalling $699) For this option, I would have received 12,000 bonus points.

Last edited:

BRW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question variation in cost for conversion

We are considering purchasing a weeks unit at Breezy Point in Minnesota. I would like to convert it to points because we have been pleased with the points system, but Breezy Point charges $ 2,195 for the conversion! That really lowers the value of the weeks units. Can't RCI or Breezy Point owners do anything to persuade the resort to be more reasonable ?

JudyS

TUG Member
Reaction score
jailives said:
By the way, what is the range of cost a resort charges to convert weeks to points?
When I converted my Champions' Run week, I was charged $1 (yes, one dollar) plus RCI's $199 fee. This is because Champions' Run is managed by ORE (Owners' Resorts and Exchange) and they have a policy of keeping fees down. (Although I supposed the HOA could have set a higher conversion fee if they wished.)

One of ORE's staff members told me that she had gone through RCI's training for resorts who want to sell RCI Points, and that $1000 was the conversion price that was suggested by RCI in the seminar she attended.

Presumably, there are some new costs when a resort decides to join RCI Points, especially if the resort goes from weekly to daily bookings. Still, once the resort has set up its Points system, there really is very little cost to "converting" an individual owner to points. As far as I can tell, the resort (or whoever is the conversion broker) just fills out a two-page form. This is why some resorts set their conversion price very low.

BRW said:
We are considering purchasing a weeks unit at Breezy Point in Minnesota. I would like to convert it to points because we have been pleased with the points system, but Breezy Point charges $ 2,195 for the conversion! That really lowers the value of the weeks units. Can't RCI or Breezy Point owners do anything to persuade the resort to be more reasonable ?
BRW, is Breezy Point managed by an HOA or by the developer? If it's HOA-controlled, they could look for a cheaper conversion broker. If it's the developer, I don't think there's much you can do.

By the way, many of the VRI resorts charge $2900 to convert even though they are all HOA controlled, so in some cases it seems the HOA hasn't negotiated a lower conversion cost.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
BRW said:
BRW,

RCI doesn't have authority over Points conversion pricing. We can make suggestions, but the resort ultimately decides. The price you were quoted is not the highest conversion price I've heard of; however, I can appreciate how important a factor cost would be to your decision to convert.

JimS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC; Vistana and Sheraton Flex; Marriott Abound Points; Berkely Orlando (Vacation Village RCI points) and Berkely Vegas (Vacation Village EOY RCI Weeks) and LHC
Anyone know whether RCI or Vistana Beach Club (RCI 2153) handles conversion to points and what the cost would be? Thank you.

Madge

TUG Member
Reaction score
JimS,

I believe so, but I'll check to be sure and follow up with you when I return from my vacation on July 3rd.

Sthack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Scott,

how many points do you get to convert your Vistana? I've been seriously thinking about converting. My week has been good with exchanges but can you tell me the pros & cons with points for your Vistana week? We never go to our home resort, always exchange our week.