• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Contact number for Marriott Owner Services?

LAX Mom

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
A neighbor is interested in getting rid of a Marriott unit she purchased 2 years ago. She financed it (14.5%!!) with Marriott and is making monthly payments for another 8 years. It's a very high demand property, but I've confirmed with Seth Nock that this unit is worth considerably less than she currently owes on it.

I doubt that Marriott would take it back, but I figure it's worth a call to ask them about it. Does anyone have a contact or number for someone to call?

Thanks!

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Tom.
I thought I had seen a post from someone who contacted a specific Marriott dept. about buying back their unit. I've searched TUG and can't find the info. I guess the owner services dept. is a good place to start.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It never hurts to ask, but I would give the success rate to be about 0.00000000000001%. Marriott isn't going to just take back a week with a huge loan balance. They have more recently been buying back weeks, but there is really perhaps only about a 50-75% premium above e-bay prices. These were for gold weeks and low end platinum. 50% more than $1500 is only $2250. Not nearly enough to cover the loan.

If it is in a high demand place, could your neighbor could rent it to at least cover some costs? Are rental rates a lot higher than MFs?

My guess is that the neighbor is stuck with it unless they are willing to default and force Marriott to foreclose.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
This page for Marriott's Resale Operations has info for owners wishing to sell. No idea if/how successful your friend's experience will be but it might be a good place to start.

LAX Mom

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the links, that's what I was looking for.

Yes, they could rent it for more than the MF. Even though the MF's are over $2,000, I think they could cover the MF. (It is a very high demand property in a great location!) But that doesn't help with the monthly payment of $553 per month for the next 8 years! They financed through Marriott at 14.5% for 10 years!! Purchase price was $37,800 but she's not sure what the loan balance currently is. Seth Nock tells me the most recent one he sold went for $14,000, so she's going to take a big loss if she can find a buyer.

I know there is a very slim chance Marriott would take it back, but I wanted to give her some options.

BocaBoy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Chateau
Yes, they could rent it for more than the MF. Even though the MF's are over $2,000, I think they could cover the MF. (It is a very high demand property in a great location!) But that doesn't help with the monthly payment of $553 per month for the next 8 years! They financed through Marriott at 14.5% for 10 years!! Purchase price was $37,800 but she's not sure what the loan balance currently is. Seth Nock tells me the most recent one he sold went for $14,000, so she's going to take a big loss if she can find a buyer.

I know there is a very slim chance Marriott would take it back, but I wanted to give her some options.

For starters, how about a 0% credit card balance transfer to pay off the Marriott loan balance?