• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Construction update for Grand Chateau

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
This from the owners newletter:

Between the first quarter of 2009 and the first quarter of 2011 Marriott’s Grand Chateau will be under construction adding many new amenities and additional villas. Our next tower will house an additional 210 villas, with the first phase of these villas opening in the first quarter of 2011.

In March of 2011, you will find The MarketPlaceSM expanded to four times its current size. The store will offer a Pizza Hut Express, Starbucks® coffee, and a variety of convenience and grocery items. Don’t forget to buy that Marriott’s Grand Chateau souvenir! During this time, the Fitness Center will also be expanding to four times its current size and relocating to the lobby level. The new and improved Fitness Center will have all the equipment you need to continue your work out regimen while away from home. Also in March of 2011, you and your guests will be able to enjoy a refreshing beverage or grab an appetizer from the snack menu at the Lobby Bar and Lounge while watching your favorite sporting events.

The second pool will be accompanied by a Pool Bar and Grill and will be built on the fifth floor between towers two and three. You will be able to enjoy this wonderful addition to the resort upon its completion in the first quarter of 2013.

aka Julie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shadow Ridge (platinum)
That's great to hear. Although, I'm not an owner at Grand Chateau, we recently stayed there (Thanksgiving week). I was a little disappointed at the lack of amenities on-site. I know they can't and don't want to compete with all the restaurants, etc. nearby on the Strip, but it would have been nice to have someplace to get a quick bite on-site.

mjs

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does GC have Thursday check-in?

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
I guess the second pool will be indoors. Is this right?

Charles

No, it will be an outdoor pool located on the fith floor between towers 2 and 3. For that matter, I can't think of one Las Vegas timeshare the does have an indoor pool. Not at the resorts we've stayed in or toured. I've asked twice because I have heard rumors about an indoor pool but both resort managemend and sales staff have said there will not be an indoor pool.

Does GC have Thursday check-in?

Not at this time. MGC only has Friday, Saturday and Sunday check in. There has never been mention that MGC has considered adding Thursday as a check in day.

Last edited: