• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Considering Vistana Village Resale Purchase

rad.travel.dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana Villages (Bella Phase)
Fiesta Americana Vacation Club - Cancun Villas & Los Cabos Villas
Bluegreen - The Club at Big Bear & The Fountains, Orlando
I'm considering purchasing a Sheraton Vistana Village Resale in Orlando. I've been doing research on the resale restrictions with Vistana and I'm hoping I can clarify a few things before going forward with this purchase.
  1. My primary interest with this purchase is being able to use the StarOptions for other resorts on years we don't want to visit Orlando. I understand that I need to purchase from the "Bella" or "Key West" phases at Vistana Villages for this to be possible, is that correct? Any other considerations to make sure that's possible?

2. The owner has banked all 2020 points for 2021 but from what I'm reading, those points expire in a resale. Is that correct?

3. As a resale purchaser, will I still have the ability to convert from StarOptions to Marriott Bonvoy points? Or no?

4. If anyone owns at this property, is there anything I should know about it? Do the maintenance fees go up like crazy? Anything else I should know?!
Thanks in advance!

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
Buy prime season (it will be the season that contains weeks 6-17 -- +/-). Prime season comes with more StarOptions and MF's don't vary by season (they do vary by room type). Prime season may or may not cost more, but the benefit will play out every year you own it.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I'm considering purchasing a Sheraton Vistana Village Resale in Orlando. I've been doing research on the resale restrictions with Vistana and I'm hoping I can clarify a few things before going forward with this purchase.
My primary interest with this purchase is being able to use the StarOptions for other resorts on years we don't want to visit Orlando. I understand that I need to purchase from the "Bella" or "Key West" phases at Vistana Villages for this to be possible, is that correct? Any other considerations to make sure that's possible?
That is correct. Just make sure you are buying in to those phases. The Resale Information Sheet (estoppel) should indicate it is a club resort.
The owner has banked all 2020 points for 2021 but from what I'm reading, those points expire in a resale. Is that correct?
If they banked the points, those banked points don't transfer with resale. They stay in the prior owner's account. If they are selling their only week, they lose those options since their VSN account is closed. They may be able to make a reservation with the options and have that transferred. Not sure how that would work.
As a resale purchaser, will I still have the ability to convert from StarOptions to Marriott Bonvoy points? Or no?
No
If anyone owns at this property, is there anything I should know about it? Do the maintenance fees go up like crazy? Anything else I should know?!
Maintenance fees have not had huge increases in the few years we have owned. Less than 4% each year IIRC. However, keep in mind that the fees here are lower than say at Grande Vista FOR A REASON. The quality of the units is not at the same level as your typical Marriott. However, if you are just using it as an SO generator, that won't matter. Unless of course Marriott puts pressure on the BOD to bring up the quality, then expect some big increases.

Thanks in advance!

wtrjock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali South
Sheraton Vistana Villages Keywest
Sheraton Vistana Villages Keywest
We own 2 2br at VVKW. Best $2500 we have spent. We trade the 81k each SO into Cancun. MF are $2300 per year for 2 weeks.

rad.travel.dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the answers on these questions. One other question that came up: the staroptions on this particular timeshare are for “Platinum” season. I see that all of the Hawaii resorts are “Platinum Plus” for all weeks of the year.

With “Platinum” points, does that mean I can’t use my points to book there? Or can I book there, it just costs more points than I might have annually?

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Thanks for the answers on these questions. One other question that came up: the staroptions on this particular timeshare are for “Platinum” season. I see that all of the Hawaii resorts are “Platinum Plus” for all weeks of the year.

With “Platinum” points, does that mean I can’t use my points to book there? Or can I book there, it just costs more points than I might have annually?

Options are options at the 8-month point; you can book there, but it might cost more than you get annually.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten

What size unit are you looking at? You may get the options transferred if they don’t have other ownerships

rad.travel.dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Options are options at the 8-month point; you can book there, but it might cost more than you get annually.
So you can book any season with Platinum points, might just need to borrow from next year or use some banked to get there. Cool, thanks!

rad.travel.dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What size unit are you looking at? You may get the options transferred if they don’t have other ownerships
I believe I will get the options for sure, this is a 2 bedroom unit at SVV

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
So you can book any season with Platinum points, might just need to borrow from next year or use some banked to get there. Cool, thanks!
You can book any season with any points. When using StarOptions, season is only a consideration based on the number of points you own.

rad.travel.dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You can book any season with any points. When using StarOptions, season is only a consideration based on the number of points you own.
Yes, I think I was keeping HGVC’s working in my mind when researching!

romeobink

Reaction score
Just stayed at a Westin Resort in Beaver Creek and was offered 12,000 Starpoints for listening to a 90-minute presentation about their vacation club. Jumped all over it. Made first lift of the day and already had free breakfast and 12,000 points in my pocket. Win win. Was also told I can do this every 6 months. Pretty easy additional 24,000 Starpoints every year

Last edited by a moderator:

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Just stayed at a Westin Resort in Beaver Creek and was offered 12,000 Starpoints for listening to a 90-minute presentation about their vacation club. Jumped all over it. Made first lift of the day and already had free breakfast and 12,000 points in my pocket. Win win. Was also told I can do this every 6 months. Pretty easy additional 24,000 Starpoints every year (you don't even have to be staying at the property to go through presentation).
There is no such thing as Starpoints anymore. Do you mean Bonvoy points? If so 12k is pretty light for a presentation.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
There is no such thing as Starpoints anymore. Do you mean Bonvoy points? If so 12k is pretty light for a presentation.
If it was 36,000 Bonvoy points (the conversion was 3:1), then it is pretty good. But 12,000 Bonvoy points doesn't go very far.

romeobink

Reaction score
  1. My primary interest with this purchase is being able to use the StarOptions for other resorts on years we don't want to visit Orlando. I understand that I need to purchase from the "Bella" or "Key West" phases at Vistana Villages for this to be possible, is that correct? Any other considerations to make sure that's possible?

2. The owner has banked all 2020 points for 2021 but from what I'm reading, those points expire in a resale. Is that correct?

3. As a resale purchaser, will I still have the ability to Showbox jiofi.local.html tplinklogin convert from StarOptions to Marriott Bonvoy points? Or no?

4. If anyone owns at this property, is there anything I should know about it? Do the maintenance fees go up like crazy? Anything else I should know?!
Thanks in advance!
Just stayed at a Westin Resort in Beaver Creek and was offered 12,000 Starpoints for listening to a 90-minute presentation about their vacation club. Jumped all over it. Made first lift of the day and already had free breakfast and 12,000 points in my pocket. Win win. Was also told I can do this every 6 months. Pretty easy additional 24,000 Starpoints every year
Can confirm. Got 10k points for a short presentation at Westin Maui for Nanea, their new property.

Incentives are RIDICULOUS to buy right now. They're not meeting sales goals I think.