• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Considering Purchasing Marriott Grande Chateau - Las Vegas

spasmani

Reaction score
We're considering purchasing a resell Every Other Year 3 bedroom lockout as we're told we can split into a 2BR lockout and 1BR lockout and get use every year from that.

We really don't want to go to Vegas to vacation, but want to trade for summertime destinations including Orlando, Hilton Head, Spain, France, and also winter ski destinations.

Looking to get any advice on input on how easy it will be to trade this property yearly through Interval International. Also, interested in hearing input on how easy it is to obtain bonus weeks for this property.

Thanks,

Steve

Beverley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Although I do not own Vegas, a friend of mine does. She had no problem getting Marbella this last June 28th. I expect Vegas will trade dently and get you to all the places you mentioned. The only area that may be iffy would be ski weeks. If you have flexibility, then you would likely be successful. :clap:

Ahhhh these are the tough decisions :cool:

Beverley:cheer:

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
surprisingly las vegas does well on bonus weeks. even my lowly polo towers gets ac's every year if i choose to dep w/ II , but my MMC Manor has not given an ac yet this year. go figure

kjd

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
MGC

As an owner of two MGC units I can tell you that it trades pretty well. Especially a good trader in the shoulder seasons. The 3 BR unit is the one to get because they are in demand and also have the best views. All of the 3 bedrooms are on the corners of the building. There are a lot fewer of them compared to the other units. They are great lockoff units.

Having said all of that I would not buy at MGC unless you intend on spending some time there. I believe the principal reason for buying a particular timeshare is to purchase a ts where you intend to spend most of your vacation time. Most of the Marriotts trade quite well and therefore trade value should be a secondary consideration, IMHO.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
surprisingly las vegas does well on bonus weeks. even my lowly polo towers gets ac's every year if i choose to dep w/ II , but my MMC Manor has not given an ac yet this year. go figure

While Polo Towers get's AC's, I have never been offered an AC for my MGC 3 bedroom unit. DRI (Polo Towers) has always had a cozy business relationship with I.I. and that may have something to do with PT's receiving AC (bonus weeks) while MGC does not.

As far as exchanging I find that our 1 bedroom unit pulls other Marriott exchanges quite well. Of course you milage may vary depending on how particular you might be. I don't believe I would own anything except for a 3 bedroom unit at MGC because of the location, design and the fact it locks out into a full 2 bedroom and full 1 bedroom unit.

While I agree that it's always best to own where you would like to go (things change in the land of timeshare), MGC 3 bedrooms offer one of the best values in the Marriott system for exchanging because they are a combination of a full 2 bedroom and full 1 bedroom unit. If I had to buy something strictly as an exchange unit withing the Marriott system, this would be the one. All Platinum weeks, good exchange power, great unit design. excellent location for the desintation and always reasonable airfare to get there. It's a very good value IMO.

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
2008 MGC weeks didn't qualify for ACs but most 2007 weeks did. I split my 3BR for 2007, deposited both parts and got two ACs.

As for the OP's question, yes, you can split a 3BR EOY and likely get use at MGC every year. However, you would have to reserve two weeks for your year of ownership (e.g., 2009 if you are entitled to odd-year usage). You would use one of those weeks yourself and deposit the other with II. Then you would request an exchange back into MGC (or to another timeshare). You can request a week that would fall anytime up to a year in advance of the occupancy date of the deposited week and until two years after the occupancy dates of that week.

Getting the exchange you want is never a certainty but, as stated above, MGC trades pretty well.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
2008 MGC weeks didn't qualify for ACs but most 2007 weeks did. I split my 3BR for 2007, deposited both parts and got two ACs.

As for the OP's question, yes, you can split a 3BR EOY and likely get use at MGC every year. However, you would have to reserve two weeks for your year of ownership (e.g., 2009 if you are entitled to odd-year usage). You would use one of those weeks yourself and deposit the other with II. Then you would request an exchange back into MGC (or to another timeshare). You can request a week that would fall anytime up to a year in advance of the occupancy date of the deposited week and until two years after the occupancy dates of that week.

Getting the exchange you want is never a certainty but, as stated above, MGC trades pretty well.

I guess I deposited before I.I. decided to offer AC's, our March NASCAR week didn't qualify (but it did with PT's) or they just screwed up and didn't give me an AC that was due. In the end it really didn't matter to me. I've been giving my AC's away to co-workers who want them and are willing to pay I.I. the exchange fee and guest certificate fee.