• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Considering purchase at Sweetwater Lift Lodge Park City any info appreciated

lastick

Reaction score
Hello, I am new here and I have never owned a timeshare. We have been renting the same unit at the Lift Lodge in Park City for the past two years. It is a 3/2 for week #7 which is President's week. We need that week because we have kids in school and my husband is a teacher and they have that week off. It is a desirable week for ski season and the owner of the unit wants to sell to us for $900 as she doesn't use it anymore. She doesn't have a copy of the deed or any paperwork as she has owned for many years and moved, etc. The resort confirms that she is owner and we have had no problems renting the past two years. What concerns me is that I haven't been able to get any info in writing from the HOA. No financial information, no reserve study, no history of special assessments, nothing. The resort is an older, somewhat run down building which concerns me. We are fine with the unit as it is today and the maintenance fees as they are today but I am worried about the future. I feel like it is a good deal for President's week and we do desire to use it (not exchange it) each year. Does anyone have any information on this resort? They have a new management company Blue Mountain since 2015. When we were there last week I went and talked with them and although they were very friendly they couldn't give me much info. Also, aside from info on the resort, does anyone have any recommendations on a transfer service? The owner is somewhat hands off and I think she expects me to take the lead on this if we want to buy.

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a summer week there and usually trade thru trading places for a winter ski week. Now that the management company is Blue Mountain that is getting harder. A few years ago there was a special assessment. Kitchens were fully redone and bathrooms, floors, etc were remodeled with some new furniture. The lobby was redone and exterior repainted. Also two years ago the place was closed for a couple weeks and some of the infrastructure plumbing, electrical was repaired. I do know there are some recurring problems with plumbing leaks.

I do think there will have to be another special assessment in the future to bring standards up as surrounding lodging gets improved due to the Vail effect. Don't know if you talked with Michael, the resort manager, but we did talk about Vail buying out the place to build their own lodging as they control no lodging at the park City base. This was just a hypothetical and nothing has been propositioned by either party. I did notice on this years mtc bill there was a box to check if you were interested in selling the unit.

Any other questions feel free to PM mail me.

Glen123

Reaction score
YEAH, i agree with that, there must be some plumbing leaks

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I owned a Week at Sweetwater many years ago. Even then my unit showed its age but to me this was offset by the great location of the Resort. I would worry about a Special Assessment.

George