• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Considering Hyatt Wild Oaks

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who stayed there, how do you rate the resort.

Also if you stayed in Worldmark resorts in the area, How do you compare locations.

hcarman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We own Hyatt and now live in Texas so have stayed here many times for a staycation and plan to be here in a couple of weeks. The property is very nice - still pretty small but they are planning on constructing more buildings. There is an indoor/outdoor pool and a lazy river. However, I have heard that the pool has been closed for a very long time for repairs so not sure what the status is. On site there is also a restaurant, a little marketplace/deli, a putting green, and firepits. Close by is the Hyatt Hotel which has several restaurants and pools, a store - as well as quite a few ammenities. SeaWorld and Six Flags Texas are close - downtown San Antonio is a bit of a drive - this property is in the hill country suburbs. Some of the unit views are not stunning - they look at the back of an apartment complex, but there is a vegetated buffer. Others have more expansive views across the property. We also noted the lock off units can be noisy as the connection door doesn't really insulate sound. We were next door to a unit with several children and each morning we would hear screaming and crying to start off our day - so just beware. The units have everything you need and a nice balcony off the back side.
The only Worldmark we have stayed at is in downtown Austin. Great location and nice rooms - many with views, but obviously a bit smaller because of the urban location. Nice roof top pool and patio area (again, not big because of location on roof). And the big thing is parking is not free - it is a hefty $30 per night.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. For sure I am staying away from Austin downtown.

CoryW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View
Mind if I ask if the lazy river is open?

dlpearson

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORN, SVV (Bella), MOC, MBP, 7MileBeach Club
The lazy River at Wild Oaks is awesome! I went round and round for hours while reading a paperback. Very relaxing, and a good mix of sun and shade spots.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Mind if I ask if the lazy river is open?

We just visited the resort last Thursday (not saying there) and the lazy river was running. Unfortunately, it was a cold day, so nobody was using it. I would suggest calling the resort to confirm that it is open.

Best regards.

Mike

hcarman

TUG Member
Reaction score
W stayed during a very cold time and the lazy river was very popular because it was heated. We were fine until we had to get out. BUT it was spring break and you had to make reservations. The only time slot open when we checked in was early AM. Pool was still very closed - I was told it would be open in May but there is no way. July might be more realistic. Hyatt hotel not allowing use of their facilities either. Much of resort closed - no market, no restaurant, no pool, lazy river for your 3 hour reservation block, outdoor games - one party at a time, no activities. I would say to come up with some off site activities until more is opened. This was late March so things may be more open now?

mdurette

Sighting Expert & TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at a decent amount of timeshares and this resort is simply one of the prettiest I have been to. Rooms are great, service exceptional. We have gone twice the last week in August both times. (both pre-covid) Mid week, it felt like we had the entire place to ourselves. I have never been to the Worldmarks.....but I can't see how they could be better.

The only downside is the location for a vacationer that wants to do more than just hang at the resort. After spending 2 weeks there, I think we have seen all that we can see in the area and some of it twice. If it wasn't for that......I would be watching to go again......

Fredward

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin- Lagunamar, Kierland Villas, Marriott- Barony Beach, Aruba Surf Club
We just checked out 2 days ago. The lazy river is open but there is no food service there or anywhere else on property. Everything else is pretty much closed- Camp Armadillo, pools, etc. we were there on an interval exchange and we had a lovely first floor view of some scrub grass and the back of the apartment building. The resort doesn’t seem to be very crowded but I don’t know why they didn’t put us in a more scenic location. We had rain, thunderstorms and tornado warnings for 3 out of 6 days so we only got to the lazy river once- but it was very nice. We stayed in the general area for dinners but there were long waits for tables- lack of staff seems to be an issue. If you’re comfortable with wild highway driving, you’ll be ok but there is a lot of construction and high speed traffic. Combination of LA and the Autobahn.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CoryW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View
Thank you so much for the updates! Just not sure if I want to go...

planzfortomorrow

TUG Member
Reaction score
The main pull of this resort is golf. If you don't golf (I don't) then it's a bit boring. Downtown San Antonio is OK, but always seems a bit of a tourist trap to me. But--I've been there several times. It's good to wander around the area for a day esp. if you haven't been there.

From the newsletter:
As you know, we have also been working on renovating the recreation building that houses our indoor/outdoor pool and water slides, steam room, sauna, hot tub, fitness center, game room, and media room. We are pleased to let you know that the anticipated opening of the recreation building and its included amenities is the Memorial Day weekend holiday.

Memorial day is May 31st. Will they make that date? who knows. I do own there, and go there every year. I love going to six flags, so can usually entertain myself & family with that. It's one of the few resorts that I can drive to & actually want to go to. There's some interesting places around the San Antonio area, like a tea garden & a few museums, as well as Sea world & six flags. You can see the sea world rollercoasters as you're turning to go to the resort from the highway--it's fairly close. Just depends on what you like to do.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
A little disappointed. I am sending family next week through an interval exchange. The usually go (and love) flying L resort in Bandera but wanted to try something different for a local texas getaway.