• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Considering eBay resale

jules54

TUG Member
Reaction score
IMO the nice thing about the contracts going into the Wyndam system is hopefully the first will transfer before you purchase more and you will have an established membership # to put on the paperwork.I own more than 10 contracts and all are different animals. I’ve always stayed away from bi annual contracts because I think more is better wth Wyndham. Of course this is not TRUE I’m just timeshare addicted. I pay a shameful amount in maintenance fees per year, but my contracts have served me very well. The system is difficult to learn as Wyndham is constantly changing something or other which always seems to affect me. My higher maintenance fees contracts are emotional purchases that I need the ARP on. Good luck and enjoy yourself. Even after owning Wyndham since 1999 I still get a high everytime I find the perfect reservation I’ve been searching for

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not apologizing for it being an EOYE, apologizing for miscategorizing.

So this one won't go for $99, but it's definitely worth taking a look at. If you get it for, say, $1500, then at $214 maint fee savings over Bonnet Creek, you recoup that up front investment in 7 years and after that you're saving about $400 on each EOY use of the points.

I see the logic behind your strategy so for me at least- the way I am paid it is far more comfortable to pay smaller upfront and pay dues annually ( my retirement package makes that possible in one shot- no streching it out monthy just done- I get a decent-sized lump sum each December.) As far as recouping investment over 7 years is not my objective. My objective is to have at least one week's vacation paid by maintenance/dues for less than I would lay out in retail hotel fees...That's it whole goal.

Here is why i am ok with dues for Palm aire $99 contract-

This is the hampton inn nearest my sons job-

Honors Discount
21 Nov 2021November 21, 2021 $242.00
22 Nov 2021November 22, 2021 $242.00
23 Nov 2021November 23, 2021 $242.00
24 Nov 2021November 24, 2021 $335.00
25 Nov 2021November 25, 2021 $335.00
26 Nov 2021November 26, 2021 $335.00
Total room charge$1,731.00
13.00 % per room, per night
Total taxes$225.03
Total for stay:
$1,956.03

Again not arguing just here is my rationale- for bonnet creek

Bonnet Creek contract sale price, annual dues would program fees ect would have given me 7 days for under $2000- considering what paid cash this year in Orlando alone it would have been a savings- and pre-paid without touching a credit card. Yes, the lower dues pay off over time but I do not want to access a savings account or pay interest on my credit cards.

Contracts that are a lower outlay of $99-500 means I can pay it immediately without destroying my monthly budget. My goal here again is only prepaying my hotel prices-

Who knows maybe something will come up in December that is both in my price range with great maintenance/dues.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Who knows maybe something will come up in december that is both in my price range with great maintance/dues.

History shows that average winning bids are lower in November and December than now, so it's worth waiting and seeing. It isn't like timeshare resales are going to stop cold and you're going to miss out. :)

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I see the logic behind your strategy so for me at least- the way I am paid it is far more comfortable to pay smaller upfront and pay dues annually ( my retirement package makes that possible in one shot- no streching it out monthy just done- I get a decent-sized lump sum each December.) As far as recouping investment over 7 years is not my objective. My objective is to have at least one week's vacation paid by maintenance/dues for less than I would lay out in retail hotel fees...That's it whole goal.

Here is why i am ok with dues for Palm aire $99 contract-

This is the hampton inn nearest my sons job-

Honors Discount
21 Nov 2021November 21, 2021 $242.00
22 Nov 2021November 22, 2021 $242.00
23 Nov 2021November 23, 2021 $242.00
24 Nov 2021November 24, 2021 $335.00
25 Nov 2021November 25, 2021 $335.00
26 Nov 2021November 26, 2021 $335.00
Total room charge$1,731.00
13.00 % per room, per night
Total taxes$225.03
Total for stay:
$1,956.03

Again not arguing just here is my rationale- for bonnet creek

Bonnet Creek contract sale price, annual dues would program fees ect would have given me 7 days for under $2000- considering what paid cash this year in Orlando alone it would have been a savings- and pre-paid without touching a credit card. Yes, the lower dues pay off over time but I do not want to access a savings account or pay interest on my credit cards.

Contracts that are a lower outlay of $99-500 means I can pay it immediately without destroying my monthly budget. My goal here again is only prepaying my hotel prices-

Who knows maybe something will come up in December that is both in my price range with great maintenance/dues.

I need to correct my math a hair. That Bali Hai contract has seller paying closing. Since Bonnet Creek was going to cost you $800 closing, it would really be only $600 incrementally ($1500-$99-$800) and that $600 would be recouped in 3 years, not 7.

Note also that I'm assuming $1500 will win that bud. I could be out of my mind on that price, who knows?

troy12n

Reaction score
I need to correct my math a hair. That Bali Hai contract has seller paying closing. Since Bonnet Creek was going to cost you $800 closing, it would really be only $600 incrementally ($1500-$99-$800) and that $600 would be recouped in 3 years, not 7.

Note also that I'm assuming $1500 will win that bud. I could be out of my mind on that price, who knows?

I've seen a couple sellers list $600 for closing cost and $350 for transfer fee.

That is highway robbery, to the tune of almost $500 total. Closing costs are about $150-200 total, and I think Wyndham Charges $300 to do the transfer. So I think it's BS that some of these shysters are looking to profit for doing nothing other than sending an email.

Don't do business with them

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've seen a couple sellers list $600 for closing cost and $350 for transfer fee.

That is highway robbery, to the tune of almost $500 total. Closing costs are about $150-200 total, and I think Wyndham Charges $300 to do the transfer. So I think it's BS that some of these shysters are looking to profit for doing nothing other than sending an email.

Don't do business with them

yup especially since many of them are being paid to sell the timeshare back-

so back to searching for an EOYE contract that I can use for actual fun vacations vs. room for the holidays. It does feel like a bit of a time crunch as from what I have read here on tug Wyndham does seem to be a bit slow on loading up contracts and I would like to have some "vacation" points loaded by spring. I am maxed out until October because of the covid borrowing rules.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
yup especially since many of them are being paid to sell the timeshare back-

so back to searching for an EOYE contract that I can use for actual fun vacations vs. room for the holidays. It does feel like a bit of a time crunch as from what I have read here on tug Wyndham does seem to be a bit slow on loading up contracts and I would like to have some "vacation" points loaded by spring. I am maxed out until October because of the covid borrowing rules.

Put in a low ball bid on that Bali Hai, if you haven't already. Chances are you'll be outbid, but it doesn't cost anything to try.

Last edited:

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Put in a low ball bid on that Bali Hai, if you haven't already. Chances are you'll be outbid, but it doesn't cost anything to try.
Bali hi went for way more than I was willing to layout- I did pick up a very small grand desert contract. I am pretty confident that with the reviews here on tug for the seller and the closing company just at the hurry up and wait for stage. I also picked up a small CWA that hopefully, I will be able to use towards adding an extra weekend trip here and there.

So now I just wait- I have searched the boards back and forth but can't seem to get a recent timeline for post covid resale Wyndham contracts as a brand new account.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I
Bali hi went for way more than I was willing to layout- I did pick up a very small grand desert contract. I am pretty confident that with the reviews here on tug for the seller and the closing company just at the hurry up and wait for stage. I also picked up a small CWA that hopefully, I will be able to use towards adding an extra weekend trip here and there.

So now I just wait- I have searched the boards back and forth but can't seem to get a recent timeline for post covid resale Wyndham contracts as a brand new account.
I'd plan on 4-6 months.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
btw, that EOY contract went for $889 with all transfer expenses paid, which all totaled amounts to $89 more than the original Bonnet Creek contract you were looking at.

troy12n

Reaction score
I was watching the annual contract, think it was the 141k one, it ended up going for like $2500, plus transfer and closing. That was more than I was willing to spend for only 141k points. Wait a couple months. I don't want to mess with bi-annual ones.

I actually bid on a Grand Desert and Panama City one recently, but they got stupid in the last 5 minutes. Just wait till you find one. The Bali Hai ones are gonna go for more. That's to be expected.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was watching the annual contract, think it was the 141k one, it ended up going for like $2500, plus transfer and closing. That was more than I was willing to spend for only 141k points. Wait a couple months. I don't want to mess with bi-annual ones.

I actually bid on a Grand Desert and Panama City one recently, but they got stupid in the last 5 minutes. Just wait till you find one. The Bali Hai ones are gonna go for more. That's to be expected.

I am done for right now- it’s a small but should be enough to get a feel for how it works for us. When I purchased DVC I did the same thing- 50points than added on till it got ridiculous.

I need to actually learn the ins and outs of the booking system (computer wise) from what I have read it seems to have a lot of moving parts and nuisances and things like how the resorts we are interested in traveling too availability ect…

@Ty1on- yes I took the Bonnet Creek cash and put it on Grand View :) it was less points but annual so dues actually worked out the same I will just have learn to bank/deposit the leftovers.