• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Considering eBay resale

Roger830

TUG Member
Reaction score
Housekeeping credits are issued with the points according to use year, i.e. only in biennial years. Reservation transactions are issued equally every calendar year according to the average number of points across all years.

For instance, I have 2 annual contracts and one biennial odd contract. I receive 3 HK in even use years, 5 HK in odd use years, and I receive 4 RTs every calendar year - because Wyndham recognizes that when booking, you could be doing it in either the same or opposing year depending on how far in advance, so they split the difference with RTs.

That makes sense.

It's not clear to me what's happening with the points deposit.

In March, I wanted to transfer into 2023, so it went ok with two odd transactions.
Besides the odd and even 168,000 Panama City, I have 105,000 National Harbor and 140,000 Sea Gardens where I booked my week 7.
Because I had transferred over 200,000 points from last year into this year, I transferred 119,500 points into 2023, but it was taken from two buckets, 82,500 and 37,000 and it doesn't say what they were.
I suspect that if I had wanted to transfer into 2022, it would have only allowed one of those buckets.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
It's not clear to me what's happening with the points deposit.
That makes two of us. I generally have booked enough of my points before the points deposit deadline that if I'm moving points forward one year, my account wouldn't be forced to pull from my biennial contract. I am expecting a new even biennial resale contract to hit my account soon, and depending on what we decide to do next year, could decide to deposit points one year forward from 2022 to 2023. It will be interesting to see whether that becomes an issue with the way contract buckets seem to be assigned to my existing reservations.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
For that area, Marriott is the system you want over Wyndham. Look up "Ocean Pointe" and "Oceana Palms" in Marriott and compare it to "Royal Vista" and "Sea Gardens" in Wyndham. You will see the quality difference.
There was a publication last year that I can't find that explained the depositing, but wasn't clear about the borrowing.

On the website it now states, "Biennial owners may borrow points to travel during the years in which an allotment of points is not awarded."

So, borrowing is allowed. The problem is if you only own even year points and borrow into an odd year, you will have to pay for housekeeping $159, plus I assume a reservation transaction fee for $19. It's my understanding that those are issued only for the 'use year.' If true, then if you book your even year reservation in an odd year, you will have a $19 reservation fee if done online, $39 by phone. because those are issued annually. This doesn't affect me because I have both odd and even year biennial points.

I might have been a little harsh calling your purchase a 'loser' perhaps because you were misleading.
In your initial post you said the you were looking at other systems.
In post #6 I asked asked you to state your objective more clearly.
Then you asked about how to determine what arp a contract might have in south Florida.
Then in post #12 I said, "The best way to determine what is being sold is to request an estoppel from the seller" and described the contract types for the four Pompano resorts.
Then 41 minutes later you posted that you won two contracts on ebay, so naturally I searched to see what was done after wasting my time proving info when you had already bid on contacts.
I don't consider that stalking.
Housekeeping credits are issued with the points according to use year, i.e. only in biennial years. Reservation transactions are issued equally every calendar year according to the average number of points across all years.

For instance, I have 2 annual contracts and one biennial odd contract. I receive 3 HK in even use years, 5 HK in odd use years, and I receive 4 RTs every calendar year - because Wyndham recognizes that when booking, you could be doing it in either the same or opposing year depending on how far in advance, so they split the difference with RTs.

so if I am reading this correctly off year travel could be done but at an additional cost of HK and reservations transaction. Is that correct?
So off year travel could be accomplished 2 ways if necessary albeit at a cost
1 - borrow
2- deposit into RCI

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
so if I am reading this correctly off year travel could be done but at an additional cost of HK and reservations transaction. Is that correct?
So off year travel could be accomplished 2 ways if necessary albeit at a cost
1 - borrow
2- deposit into RCI
Yes, and deposit into RCI has the benefit of not requiring housekeeping credits, only a reservation transaction, and points are good in RCI for two years. However, there's then an exchange fee when you go to use them.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, and deposit into RCI has the benefit of not requiring housekeeping credits, only a reservation transaction, and points are good in RCI for two years. However, there's then an exchange fee when you go to use them.

And, increasingly, possibly a resort fee levied when you check in.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
have a tendency to jump on a flight sale and go
This comment caught my eye. If you plan on using your points, last minute, you want the cheapest points you can get. You don't need advance priority (ARP) at resorts you want to visit, you just need points. All points are equal, in usage, at less than 10 months. I'd go for a Panama City Beach, Canterbury, Hawaii contracts. Might cost a few extra bucks, up front, but will save you dollars over time. And, if you ever want to get out of Wyndham, Wyndham Certified Exit team generally only wants low MF contracts.

Another question you has was with RCI. There are deals inside RCI on short notice. Using Wyndham Points for a full priced RCI stay is not always a good deal.

Good Luck with your Purchase. You will like Wyndham.

troy12n

Reaction score
RCI has a section called "Last Calls" which are cash deals, which sometimes are good deals, that you don't use points on

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am an old Fixed Week/Fixed Unit guy who is in awe those who manage their way through the intricacies of Wyndham...

George

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
This comment caught my eye. If you plan on using your points, last minute, you want the cheapest points you can get. You don't need advance priority (ARP) at resorts you want to visit, you just need points. All points are equal, in usage, at less than 10 months. I'd go for a Panama City Beach, Canterbury, Hawaii contracts. Might cost a few extra bucks, up front, but will save you dollars over time. And, if you ever want to get out of Wyndham, Wyndham Certified Exit team generally only wants low MF contracts.

Another question you has was with RCI. There are deals inside RCI on short notice. Using Wyndham Points for a full-priced RCI stay is not always a good deal.

Good Luck with your Purchase. You will like Wyndham.
yeah, when frontier throws out that $ 30 r/t we usually head down to Orlando. They generally give about six weeks' notice.
The Palm Aire is the only one I was curious about ADRs- my oldest lives about 45 minutes away- I am hoping to be able to book there during a holiday. I purchased small to start just to get a feel for availability. - I don't plan on using depositing into RCI but was curious as someone had mentioned you cannot travel on off years with a biannual contract if that would be an option if ever needed.

RCI has a section called "Last Calls" which are cash deals, which sometimes are good deals, that you don't use points on

yes, I have partial access to those last calls and extras via DVC- but most of central Florida is, and at least on the DVC website it's very difficult IMO to navigate...even the extra vacations I have spent the last year trying to get into any of the Smokey Mountains resorts they never seem to be listed. We are annual pass holders @dollywood also and it's somewhat local so I keep an eye out.

For what it's worth Smokey Mountains is what put Wyndham over Marriot for me personally. And if I find an appropriate contract will be next on the radar.

troy12n

Reaction score
yes, I have partial access to those last calls and extras via DVC- but most of central Florida is, and at least on the DVC website it's very difficult IMO to navigate...even the extra vacations I have spent the last year trying to get into any of the Smokey Mountains resorts they never seem to be listed. We are annual pass holders @dollywood also and it's somewhat local so I keep an eye out.

For what it's worth Smokey Mountains is what put Wyndham over Marriot for me personally. And if I find an appropriate contract will be next on the radar.

I like the Smokey Mountains resort, it's very nice and go there usually once a year. There and Williamsburg are 2 places my family goes to regularly.

You will find that some places under RCI and Extra Vacations are not great deals exchange wise coming from Wyndham.

For the week of 1/15-1/22/2022: 2BR Deluxe
Last Call: not available (this resort does show up on last calls often)
Extra Vacations: $489.00
Exchange: 126,000 points
Wyndham: 105,000 points

I have seen Smokey Mountains on Extra Vacations be over $700 for a week here, and also at high season a 2BR week is over 220k RCI points, but always less with Wyndham points.

But RCI can open new resorts and in some cases significantly less points at some locales and seasons.

I have not had a lot of luck using RCI, it seems to be very dependent on who you are and what system you own, and in some cases if you have a pure RCI account and have TPU's or fixed weeks deposited in it, which blows my mind and frustrates me. For instance, I can't see any inventory past March 2022 right now at most resorts, definitely none 10 months out. Which is the opposite of Wyndham.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
Ok so let’s be perfectly clear - I didn’t purchase anything that comes anywhere 800,000 points. Sure ok you have 8x what what I purchased I am happy for you if it works for you…that is way more than I could ever use or afford. The dues on the contract I purchased will not even equal your suggested savings.

Seriously I purchased a very SMALL contract at a resort I would like to stay at for a price I can afford.

Exactly why is that an issue @cbyrne1174 ?

I not sure I said older- pretty sure it was young retiree. There is big difference IMO, considering I wasn’t expecting to have time off to travel and yes I get the whole parent thing still got one
at home - but seriously why the drama - How is the Florida teachers pay scale relevant to me purchasing a $99 timeshare? Even if I overpaid - it will not have any affect on the cost of living in Florida

If as others suggested I do not follow through and skip out on the offer will that make your own financial concerns better, disappear? I am not saying your rationale is wrong it’s just not mine. I don’t mean to sound harsh as I appreciated the suggestions for the videos and sat back and enjoyed a few, but if I said to you I am a retiree on a civil servants pension and I can’t afford dues on 800000 points so this is a bad idea for you and your family only get 128k EOY cause that’s how I do it- it’s sounds silly doesn’t it.

This was you right in post 8 right suggesting Marriott

“ a lot of retirees prefer their system over Wyndham because the resorts are nicer (also 50% ish more expensive in MF)”

So which way do you have preferred I go pay lower dues at a resort I have never scene or heard of or pay higher MFs in a system that I wasn’t interested in because it just wasn’t in my price range…

For years I have friends that would like me take over a contract from a elderly relative it’s an annual 2 week fixed contract at Orange Lake… that’s how I found tug just in time to keep her from paying a timeshare exit scam.

One last time everyone

I am okay with my purchase

My purchase may not be what works best for you but I plan to work it as best I can for me

Let’s all say it together now

She is ok with it

She is ok with it

She is ok with it

Group hug

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I was explaining why I chose to be frugal on my MF. It's the only way I can live the life that I want on the salary I'm given without feeling like I'm a mooch. You're the one being full of drama by calling people trying to help you "hostile". Also, you just said you were a lot older in your own response. Most people start having kids in their mid 20s to early 30s, so when you say you have grown kids that live on their own, people assume you're at least in your 50s.

Don't ask a forum for advice if you don't like what the advice is. I essentially told you not buy a 50 point Vero Beach add on because of the lower purchase price. Even if it's just 50 points. It's just wasteful. I bet you anything that if I go on DISboards and ask if I should buy a 50 point Vero Beach contract, everyone on there will tell me just to pay the little extra for 50 points at SSR, and they are right. I would personally never do it because getting a 50 point SSR contract is just as easy as getting a 50 point Vero Beach contract. Also, getting a 168,000 point Grand Desert contract is just as easy as getting a 168,000 Bonnet Creek contract, so why grab one that's going to cost more in the long run?

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like the Smokey Mountains resort, it's very nice and go there usually once a year. There and Williamsburg are 2 places my family goes to regularly.

You will find that some places under RCI and Extra Vacations are not great deals exchange wise coming from Wyndham.

Curious, my kids have been itching to get me to go to Busch Gardens (they have been as adults and loved it) whats your family's favorite resort in Williamsburg and why? Part of the reason I have never dropped points into RCI is I AGREE 100% that it's a bad deal unless it is a last-ditch effort to keep points from expiring. Lol, but in general I have a tendency to borrow there is never anything left to deposit

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was explaining why I chose to be frugal on my MF. It's the only way I can live the life that I want on the salary I'm given without feeling like I'm a mooch. You're the one being full of drama by calling people trying to help you "hostile". Also, you just said you were a lot older in your own response. Most people start having kids in their mid 20s to early 30s, so when you say you have grown kids that live on their own, people assume you're at least in your 50s.

Don't ask a forum for advice if you don't like what the advice is. I essentially told you not buy a 50 point Vero Beach add on because of the lower purchase price. Even if it's just 50 points. It's just wasteful. I bet you anything that if I go on DISboards and ask if I should buy a 50 point Vero Beach contract, everyone on there will tell me just to pay the little extra for 50 points at SSR, and they are right. I would personally never do it because getting a 50 point SSR contract is just as easy as getting a 50 point Vero Beach contract. Also, getting a 168,000 point Grand Desert contract is just as easy as getting a 168,000 Bonnet Creek contract, so why grab one that's going to cost more in the long run?

Ok, thanks for your input- again whatever works for you I wish you and your family all the best...
If I decide I like Wyndham and choose to add on- I will keep your words of wisdom in mind.
Thanks again

Joanne71

TUG Member
Reaction score
@Roger830 Can you explain more fully on "ebay timeshare auctions are not binding"?

I don’t quite understand the eBay not binding verbiage but I know they don’t guarantee timeshare/real estate sales. I tired purchasing a WorldMark by Wyndham timeshare on eBay the end of November 2020. I won the bid and praise by credit card. The seller was timely acquisitions_4 and they had good reviews (as sketchy as eBay’s reviews are). Their posting said it could be up to 180 days. Within days of winning the bid, eBay was pressing for a review and at that time correspondence with the seller had been good. So in order to stop their daily emails asking for a review, I gave the seller good marks. They radio silence! Communication was horrible and when I would get a response it was always delays blamed on WorkdMark. I looked for recourse from eBay but with no success. I finally called the bank and since I had contacted them just under the wire of their guidelines, I was able to dispute the charge and they cancelled the charge. I tried contacting eBay to amend my review, but that could only be done if the seller agreed to it. Ha! How likely is that? eBay is there for their sellers, not so much for their buyers! Beware!

troy12n

Reaction score
Curious, my kids have been itching to get me to go to Busch Gardens (they have been as adults and loved it) whats your family's favorite resort in Williamsburg and why? Part of the reason I have never dropped points into RCI is I AGREE 100% that it's a bad deal unless it is a last-ditch effort to keep points from expiring. Lol, but in general I have a tendency to borrow there is never anything left to deposit

My favorite is Governor's Green. It's the newest and units are the nicest. And all the units have elevators. Kingsgate is second nicer, and depending on how old your kids are, they may like Kingsgate more because there's more things for kids to do. No elevators at Kingsgate.

The third resort in Williamsburg is Patriots Place. Older units, fewer options on floor plans, not as nice, but the location is closest to Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. Not much in the way of resort amenities there either.

I wouldn't say RCI is a bad deal, it just harder to find places you want to go. There are some good deals there, even booking Wyndham properties, but you have to have good timing and get lucky.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
My favorite is Governor's Green. It's the newest and units are the nicest. And all the units have elevators. Kingsgate is second nicer, and depending on how old your kids are, they may like Kingsgate more because there's more things for kids to do. No elevators at Kingsgate.

The third resort in Williamsburg is Patriots Place. Older units, fewer options on floor plans, not as nice, but the location is closest to Colonial Williamsburg and Busch Gardens. Not much in the way of resort amenities there either.

I wouldn't say RCI is a bad deal, it just harder to find places you want to go. There are some good deals there, even booking Wyndham properties, but you have to have good timing and get lucky.

My kids are in their early 20s - and they enjoyed Busch gardens quite a bit their grandparents used to take them.

Hopefully, I will get to try one of them out- their version of food and wine is supposed to be really good.

Again haven't run the numbers yet for Wyndham so I can only go from a DVC standpoint that requires an 80 (+) point drop + exchange fee of approx $95 than any RCI charges. Right now even distressed renting is upwards of $16-20 per point...

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don’t quite understand the eBay not binding verbiage but I know they don’t guarantee timeshare/real estate sales. I tired purchasing a WorldMark by Wyndham timeshare on eBay the end of November 2020. I won the bid and praise by credit card. The seller was timely acquisitions_4 and they had good reviews (as sketchy as eBay’s reviews are). Their posting said it could be up to 180 days. Within days of winning the bid, eBay was pressing for a review and at that time correspondence with the seller had been good. So in order to stop their daily emails asking for a review, I gave the seller good marks. They radio silence! Communication was horrible and when I would get a response it was always delays blamed on WorkdMark. I looked for recourse from eBay but with no success. I finally called the bank and since I had contacted them just under the wire of their guidelines, I was able to dispute the charge and they cancelled the charge. I tried contacting eBay to amend my review, but that could only be done if the seller agreed to it. Ha! How likely is that? eBay is there for their sellers, not so much for their buyers! Beware!

I am trying to be as careful as I can- one of the contracts had an eBay seller that has been used before here on tug- even the one semi-negative review he had here he seemed to at least try to make it up to the seller with another contract. It has been smooth so far all documents have been sent decent reviews on the escrow company they use, it's pretty painless.

The other contract- well there was very little here on the tug on the seller and so far it's been different- I am a little uncomfortable with some of the wording in their purchase agreement & contract. Things like no approximate written date for the seller to return documents etc... Again new to Wyndham not new to resale- my last one was for a much more expensive contract and had way less verbiage on arbitration (in texas?). Not sure if that's a local thing but seems a bit much, usually the purchase agreement is seller info /buyer info/ club info/ who pays what as far as closing purchase price date all papers are due. 1-2 pages tops, this was 7 full pages, and way too many paragraphs on small claims court and arbitration that made me nervous. Like you mentioned they are quoting 6 months for the transfer, again from what I have read Wyndham is slow but the other company is 12-18 weeks... I am not wild about the in-house "title" department and reached out to LT transfers. Again not a huge contract and I will be very happy if it works out but I would rather pay LT to handle it as an impartial third party. At this point, the rep is approaching his "director" with the purchase agreement drawn up from LT transfers. The ball is their court at this point- either they will accept my offer and allow an outside agency, or it's a no-go on my end.

Trying not to count my chickens before they hatch.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well for those following along the eBay contract for Bonnet Creek is officially dead.- One of the things I have learned here on tug is as @Joanne71 pointed out buyer beware...I was comfortable with the purchase price & dues for the contract but not at all with the lack of a signed purchase agreement especially if I needed to agree that any disputes would need to go through arbitration in Texas. The next red flag was receiving an email from LT transfers that they would not be able to work with this particular contract. So this over and back to searching for another lower point bi-annual even contract.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well for those following along the eBay contract for Bonnet Creek is officially dead.- One of the things I have learned here on tug is as @Joanne71 pointed out buyer beware...I was comfortable with the purchase price & dues for the contract but not at all with the lack of a signed purchase agreement especially if I needed to agree that any disputes would need to go through arbitration in Texas. The next red flag was receiving an email from LT transfers that they would not be able to work with this particular contract. So this over and back to searching for another lower point bi-annual even contract.

An opportunity to take a deep breath and take your time :) lower MF resorts include Wyndham Grand Desert, which is available quite often on EBay, Bali Hai, and Canterbury, both of which are a bit rarer.

Did LT say they couldn't work with the contract because of a contract issue or because of who was selling it? (Just morbidly curious)

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
An opportunity to take a deep breath and take your time :) lower MF resorts include Wyndham Grand Desert, which is available quite often on EBay, Bali Hai, and Canterbury, both of which are a bit rarer.

Did LT say they couldn't work with the contract because of a contract issue or because of who was selling it? (Just morbidly curious)
IIts a little unclear- Lt transfers sent over a polite email ( one of the things I like about them ) had called and specifically stated that I had won an eBay auction for Wyndham points, that I would be happy to pay their fee- they said great sent me a blank purchase agreement- I sent over the rep's info from eBay and received an email back the gist being "I am sorry we are unable to assist you with this transfer".

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
https://www.ebay.com/itm/224628301420?hash=item344ce3de6c:g:3pQAAOSwPL9hTNbs

This 154K Bali Hai has a MF rate of $41 per month. A recent similar sized Bali Hai went for a little over $800 in late July, with buyer paying $600 in closing costs. This one has the closing costs paid by the seller, so if you were to bid and win it in the $1500-ish range, that would be a good deal.

This is an annual, which could solve the issue of Resv Fee and especially HK fee in your odd years. If you don't plan to use the points in the off year, you simply pay $39 to move them into the next year. If you want to do a trip in the off year, even if you need to borrow some points from the next year (within the 60 day express period), you have two RTs and two HKs, I believe, in your off year this way.

Edit: I did some research. The contract is every other year (my mistake, as noted below). Also, the MF rate they report, it if is an every other year, is inaccurate. Just the maintenance fee portion should be $24.64 per month. The Club Fee if you only owned this contract would be $15.41 per month, but since you would also own the Palm Aire contract, you would pay $15.41 for both contracts combined, up to 231K ANNUALIZED points (so this contract would count as 77K annualized points). Thus, the $41 they quote, which should be $40, represents the MF and the full minimum club fee.

Also available is this ANNUAL contract for 141K:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/324808122246?hash=item4ba0129f86:g:xIkAAOSwVC9hUz7W

The maintenance fees for this one would be $45.12 per month, and again would combine with your Palm-Aire for $15.41 Club Fee.

Last edited:

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
IIts a little unclear- Lt transfers sent over a polite email ( one of the things I like about them ) had called and specifically stated that I had won an eBay auction for Wyndham points, that I would be happy to pay their fee- they said great sent me a blank purchase agreement- I sent over the rep's info from eBay and received an email back the gist being "I am sorry we are unable to assist you with this transfer".

The probable reason is that the seller insists on using their own transfer company (thus all or part of the transfer fee is profit for them).

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apologies, the listing I linked above is an Even Year, not an Annual.

noreenkate

TUG Member
Reaction score
Apologies, the listing I linked above is an Even Year, not an Annual.

again even years are what I am looking for Bi-annual fits my vacationing needs a little better and my pocketbook...especially EOYE. I know that doesn't work well for many but it works out well for me.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
again even years are what I am looking for Bi-annual fits my vacationing needs a little better and my pocketbook...especially EOYE. I know that doesn't work well for many but it works out well for me.

Not apologizing for it being an EOYE, apologizing for miscategorizing.

So this one won't go for $99, but it's definitely worth taking a look at. If you get it for, say, $1500, then at $214 maint fee savings over Bonnet Creek, you recoup that up front investment in 7 years and after that you're saving about $400 on each EOY use of the points.