• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Considering a Massanutten resort to use for trading into Orlando

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Very astute observation informed by economic reality .... however the resale market for for the high point Massanutten properties is small and there is a lack of awareness. A couple of people on this thread got some real bargains on RCI points at Massanutten. If you have patience and watch eBay, there are opportunities to get great deals under the radar. But you may need to play the game for a year or two to get such an opportunity.
I agree with you 100% based on what I have seen in the past. At the same time, Regal Vistas seem to be getting much more exposure than a year or two ago. The last few platinum units I have seen on the market (very few indeed) were not exactly cheap, even on Ebay because they attracted much more attention and because they are really great in terms of MF/point. The days when some of them were acquired for a song may be gone.

I will have to add that sometimes waiting for the "perfect" price is only worth it if you do not pay more or a lot more for your vacations through the regular channels (renting from owners, Expedia etc) before you actually become an owner. If you save 300 or even 800 dollars on the price of your timeshare by waiting and you pay more for your next vacation is not a good deal in the end. This is particularity true for the high value exchanges you may get by owning.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Thanks for the chart !!!! I also love the way you broke down those 151k points. So should I try for the 151k contract or hold out for the larger 178k contract? My only hesitation at this point is the COVID situation. Availability and points may work with 151k now. But when its over will I still see reasonable selections? I really like the way you did this for me. Points really seem to give more options. I guess I could make the same thing work for weeks too but I would need a strong week.
Depending on how long you want to hold out for. 178K is perfect. I scored a 178K every other year unit that is divided as 89K every year regal vista. DVC comes up for 85K and under. If I can ever score two one bedrooms in the same week I’ll use the current year and borrow the next. I only got the massanutten regal vista points for DVC, or if something comes up i can’t pass on. The maint fee is low and the points are much better than weeks. If I want to get rid of it I’m sure I can walk away with a great sale price. It’s one of the higher point contracts in RCI. Def go points over weeks!

I saw you noted the regal vista 4 bedroom is under 1000MF. I think my MF Bill was 1080 around there. Plus there is the most likely case it will increase each year. While it’s low now, it may not be so in the coming years. It’s still a great value considering. keep looking you may score a regal vista at a good price.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
@TamaraQT heres is a 4 bedroom every other year internally exchanged as a 2 bedroom annually. Basically it’s a 2 bedroom unit

this may get you 2 units a year. Don’t forget with points you can bank and borrow as long as you prepay the maint fee. Something like this may be great since it’s not a burden financially each year. Plus, if you can score weeks on sale for 23K points in Orlando it’s even better than what you were looking for.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Plus, if you can score weeks on sale for 23K points in Orlando it’s even better than what you were looking for.
If its a weeks contract, how can I pay for them with points? How does that work?

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Depending on how long you want to hold out for. 178K is perfect. I scored a 178K every other year unit that is divided as 89K every year regal vista. DVC comes up for 85K and under. If I can ever score two one bedrooms in the same week I’ll use the current year and borrow the next. I only got the massanutten regal vista points for DVC, or if something comes up i can’t pass on. The maint fee is low and the points are much better than weeks. If I want to get rid of it I’m sure I can walk away with a great sale price. It’s one of the higher point contracts in RCI. Def go points over weeks!

I saw you noted the regal vista 4 bedroom is under 1000MF. I think my MF Bill was 1080 around there. Plus there is the most likely case it will increase each year. While it’s low now, it may not be so in the coming years. It’s still a great value considering. keep looking you may score a regal vista at a good price.

Yes, I wish I could score a 178point contract but I realize that may be difficult. I am now beginning to understand how more valuable a points contract is compared to a weeks contract. But I am going to kind of rehash what I am trying to do with my FUTURE timeshare purchase. I want a 4 bedroom that I can exchange into 2-2bedroom units. I am intending to use this mainly for the purpose of trading into Orlando for now. We usually stay in Orlando for at least 2-3 weeks and we need a 2bedroom unit size for each week. We have a teen daughter and require the space for her and a guest. So having 4 bedrooms and dividing it into 2 units, will cover 2 full weeks of vacation. A weeks contract will work for us. Now if we buy points, it will work and also provide more flexibility. Excess points will help extend our vacation times with minimal financial impact. I do understand that. But doesn't RCI also offer "Getaways" for people with weeks contracts? We PREFER to stay at different resorts in Orlando over that 2-3 week period anyway. Only twice in the last 12 years did we ever spend 2 full weeks at the same resort. Orlando is FULL of options so why limit to only one resort per year. Therefore, I prefer to own a timeshare at a resort that has good trading power to pull some of the more 'desirable' resorts.

I do regret not getting the 4bdrm @ The Colonies week 31. It was listed for only $1 and didn't receive any bids. Even if the annual MFees were a bit over $1000 it was still worth it. I have learned that the resort does trade well. And since I usually travel between mid July and late August, it would have worked perfectly for us. I know Regal Vistas is another one that does well. I am not so sure about trade power of Woodstone or the Summit. If anyone has any insight on their trade power, please chime in. Williamsburg Plantation trade power isn't too bad either and they also offer 4 bedroom units. Anyway, I think I would be ok with a weeks contract for now, as long as I can get 2 weeks a year from it. I know points provide more flexibility but are hard to come by. I prefer Virginia because it is within driving distance and they are close to Busch Gardens/Water Country. We spend more time at Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, and their waterparks when we go to Orlando. We are not BIG Disney fans. But I know having points may give us the benefit of Disney resorts. Anyway. I appreciate the help and insight. I am looking avidly everyday on eBay, TUG and Redweek. If I see another weeks contract for an annual 4 bedroom I will try for it. If I see a points contract, I will try for it. I lean more towards Virginia Resorts because they have 4 bedroom units for low annual MFees which is very uncommon, but work for my vacation needs. Thanks everybody.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Yes, I wish I could score a 178point contract but I realize that may be difficult. I am now beginning to understand how more valuable a points contract is compared to a weeks contract. But I am going to kind of rehash what I am trying to do with my FUTURE timeshare purchase. I want a 4 bedroom that I can exchange into 2-2bedroom units. I am intending to use this mainly for the purpose of trading into Orlando for now. We usually stay in Orlando for at least 2-3 weeks and we need a 2bedroom unit size for each week. We have a teen daughter and require the space for her and a guest. So having 4 bedrooms and dividing it into 2 units, will cover 2 full weeks of vacation. A weeks contract will work for us. Now if we buy points, it will work and also provide more flexibility. Excess points will help extend our vacation times with minimal financial impact. I do understand that. But doesn't RCI also offer "Getaways" for people with weeks contracts? We PREFER to stay at different resorts in Orlando over that 2-3 week period anyway. Only twice in the last 12 years did we ever spend 2 full weeks at the same resort. Orlando is FULL of options so why limit to only one resort per year. Therefore, I prefer to own a timeshare at a resort that has good trading power to pull some of the more 'desirable' resorts.

I do regret not getting the 4bdrm @ The Colonies week 31. It was listed for only $1 and didn't receive any bids. Even if the annual MFees were a bit over $1000 it was still worth it. I have learned that the resort does trade well. And since I usually travel between mid July and late August, it would have worked perfectly for us. I know Regal Vistas is another one that does well. I am not so sure about trade power of Woodstone or the Summit. If anyone has any insight on their trade power, please chime in. Williamsburg Plantation trade power isn't too bad either and they also offer 4 bedroom units. Anyway, I think I would be ok with a weeks contract for now, as long as I can get 2 weeks a year from it. I know points provide more flexibility but are hard to come by. I prefer Virginia because it is within driving distance and they are close to Busch Gardens/Water Country. We spend more time at Busch Gardens, SeaWorld, and their waterparks when we go to Orlando. We are not BIG Disney fans. But I know having points may give us the benefit of Disney resorts. Anyway. I appreciate the help and insight. I am looking avidly everyday on eBay, TUG and Redweek. If I see another weeks contract for an annual 4 bedroom I will try for it. If I see a points contract, I will try for it. I lean more towards Virginia Resorts because they have 4 bedroom units for low annual MFees which is very uncommon, but work for my vacation needs. Thanks everybody.
I’m not familiar with the weeks ownership with RCI in regards to turning a 4 bedroom into 2 -2 bedrooms. If that doable then maybe a 4 bedroom regal vista non “weeks” ownership may work for you. I can only speak to my Vistana ownership and the membership I have with Interval with that account and I can get Orlando “getaways” pretty inexpensive.

woodstone has 137K contracts which may be good. The nice thing about points is, you may be able to turn it into multiple week trips when you get rooms on sale.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
I’m not familiar with the weeks ownership with RCI in regards to turning a 4 bedroom into 2 -2 bedrooms. If that doable then maybe a 4 bedroom regal vista non “weeks” ownership may work for you. I can only speak to my Vistana ownership and the membership I have with Interval with that account and I can get Orlando “getaways” pretty inexpensive.

woodstone has 137K contracts which may be good. The nice thing about points is, you may be able to turn it into multiple week trips when you get rooms on sale.

I "THINK" if you have an ANNUAL 4bedroom, you can split it into 2-2bedroom units resulting in 2 weeks of vacation a year. If it is a 4bedroom with an EOY contract, then you only get one week per year in a 2 bedroom unit. I travel for 2-3weeks at once in the summer months so a 4 bedroom annual will work better for me. I thought RCI offered getaways or 'extra vacations' for weeks owners too. I think the fee is somewhere in the neighborhood of $230-250 for a week. If they do, then I can work with a 4 bedroom annual to get 2 weeks from that, and then use "extra vacations/getaways" to use for an extra week. RCI does offer 'extra vacations/getaways' to weeks owners right??? Or am I mistaken on that??

I am noticing that the 4 bedroom units in Virginia are becoming scarce as they used to be plentiful. I better grab something whether its weeks or points. If I can grab points, that would be great. If I can only get weeks, its not the worst thing in the world. As long as its a good week in a 4 bedroom, I can make it work. If anyone has suggestions for websites for legitimate Timeshare purchases, please let me know. So far I am looking at eBay,TUG, Redweek & Timeshare Nation. If there are others out there that are safe for purchases please let me know. Thanks.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

I "THINK" if you have an ANNUAL 4bedroom, you can split it into 2-2bedroom units resulting in 2 weeks of vacation. If it is a 4bedroom with an EOY contract, then you only get a 2 bedroom unit per year. Which means only 1 week of vacation. That would not be ideal for my needs since I travel for 2-3weeks at once in the summer months. I thought RCI offered getaways or 'extra vacations' for weeks owners too. I think the fee is somewhere in the neighborhood of $230-250 for a week. If they do, then I can work with a 4 bedroom annual to get 2 weeks from that, and then use "extra vacations/getaways" to use for an extra week. RCI does offer 'extra vacations/getaways' to weeks owners right???

The 4 BR Regal Vista units are lock offs that split what is essentially a duplex of two 2 BR homes in half. The contract on eBay for the 2 BR Regal Vista is in points according to the listing and gets half of 151,000 points every year, or 75,500 points. The way Massanutten sells these types of units is not as a "native" 2 BR every year contract, but instead as a 4 BR LO EOY contract with an "internal exchange" for half of the unit from the year that is written into the contract to the other year to make it effectively an annual contract. They charge an extra $50 annually for that as a part of the MF, so this one would be a slightly more expensive point generator than the 151,000 point/year one that just sold.

All of the Massanutten resorts that have 4 BR units are lock offs; with some of them (Summit and Woodstone) one half is a partial kitchen and the other is a full kitchen - with Regal Vistas both halves have full kitchens. With Massanutten, whether or not it is in weeks, they typically provide a "trading power boost" that is a weeks deposit with between a few months and a year and a half left on it that is worth between 8 and 22 TPUs for paying your MF early. Vacation Village also has "extra vacation" certificates, which I mentioned earlier; you would probably get one with an ownership there (@CPNY - if you don't have a Vacation Village or Massanutten certificate listed on your offers in RCI, PM me and I'll tell you how to get RCI to set it up properly). Periodically Vacation Village will give you another week at one of the other VV resorts for just the cost of an exchange fee, too.

I used to have a Woodstone 4 BR LO in RCI points, but decided that I would rather use it as a PIC with Wyndham or an exchange plus with WorldMark, so I took it out of the RCI points program. It hasn't bothered me a bit; there are some resorts you can only get in points, but, conversely, there are some that only show up in weeks. I kind of wonder why that's the case, but a few years ago I scored a Grand Luxxe 2 BR Spa in weeks that wasn't available in points and I periodically see Solaz in weeks but not points. I have another resort in RCI points and I can PFD another 2 BR I have to get points if I need them, or I can book RCI points units through my Wyndham account, which has additional resorts/room types that aren't available in RCI weeks or points through the Wyndham RCI portal (e.g., 2 BR units at Sirena del Mar in Cabo). IMHO, any of the resorts @TamaraQT has been looking at would work and get two or more Orlando 2 BR weeks, it's just a matter of figuring out how and at what cost.

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not contact the ebay seller of the Colonies listing you were interested in and see if it is still available? If they did not get any bids, chances are they will be relisting it

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Why not contact the ebay seller of the Colonies listing you were interested in and see if it is still available? If they did not get any bids, chances are they will be relisting it
Great idea. Let me try. I will let you all know what type of response I get. Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. Fingers crossed.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
The 4 BR Regal Vista units are lock offs that split what is essentially a duplex of two 2 BR homes in half. The contract on eBay for the 2 BR Regal Vista is in points according to the listing and gets half of 151,000 points every year, or 75,500 points. The way Massanutten sells these types of units is not as a "native" 2 BR every year contract, but instead as a 4 BR LO EOY contract with an "internal exchange" for half of the unit from the year that is written into the contract to the other year to make it effectively an annual contract. They charge an extra $50 annually for that as a part of the MF, so this one would be a slightly more expensive point generator than the 151,000 point/year one that just sold.

All of the Massanutten resorts that have 4 BR units are lock offs; with some of them (Summit and Woodstone) one half is a partial kitchen and the other is a full kitchen - with Regal Vistas both halves have full kitchens. With Massanutten, whether or not it is in weeks, they typically provide a "trading power boost" that is a weeks deposit with between a few months and a year and a half left on it that is worth between 8 and 22 TPUs for paying your MF early. Vacation Village also has "extra vacation" certificates, which I mentioned earlier; you would probably get one with an ownership there (@CPNY - if you don't have a Vacation Village or Massanutten certificate listed on your offers in RCI, PM me and I'll tell you how to get RCI to set it up properly). Periodically Vacation Village will give you another week at one of the other VV resorts for just the cost of an exchange fee, too.

I used to have a Woodstone 4 BR LO in RCI points, but decided that I would rather use it as a PIC with Wyndham or an exchange plus with WorldMark, so I took it out of the RCI points program. It hasn't bothered me a bit; there are some resorts you can only get in points, but, conversely, there are some that only show up in weeks. I kind of wonder why that's the case, but a few years ago I scored a Grand Luxxe 2 BR Spa in weeks that wasn't available in points and I periodically see Solaz in weeks but not points. I have another resort in RCI points and I can PFD another 2 BR I have to get points if I need them, or I can book RCI points units through my Wyndham account, which has additional resorts/room types that aren't available in RCI weeks or points through the Wyndham RCI portal (e.g., 2 BR units at Sirena del Mar in Cabo). IMHO, any of the resorts @TamaraQT has been looking at would work and get two or more Orlando 2 BR weeks, it's just a matter of figuring out how and at what cost.
Ok...i think. You give me so much info and detail. Its appreciated. As suggested, I am reaching out to see if that Colonies contract that didn't sell is still available. Wish me luck.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I "THINK" if you have an ANNUAL 4bedroom, you can split it into 2-2bedroom units resulting in 2 weeks of vacation a year. If it is a 4bedroom with an EOY contract, then you only get one week per year in a 2 bedroom unit. I travel for 2-3weeks at once in the summer months so a 4 bedroom annual will work better for me. I thought RCI offered getaways or 'extra vacations' for weeks owners too. I think the fee is somewhere in the neighborhood of $230-250 for a week. If they do, then I can work with a 4 bedroom annual to get 2 weeks from that, and then use "extra vacations/getaways" to use for an extra week. RCI does offer 'extra vacations/getaways' to weeks owners right??? Or am I mistaken on that??

I am noticing that the 4 bedroom units in Virginia are becoming scarce as they used to be plentiful. I better grab something whether its weeks or points. If I can grab points, that would be great. If I can only get weeks, its not the worst thing in the world. As long as its a good week in a 4 bedroom, I can make it work. If anyone has suggestions for websites for legitimate Timeshare purchases, please let me know. So far I am looking at eBay,TUG, Redweek & Timeshare Nation. If there are others out there that are safe for purchases please let me know. Thanks.
I like the 4 bedroom every other as a 2 bedroom annual. The one at 75,500 is a good amount of points. You can probably squeeze two weeks out of that, just not sure if you’ll get two 2 bedrooms out of that every year, I guess it depends on the resort and It’s tough to check now since availability isn’t “normal” due to covid. For example, i see DVC for the whole month of Sept. you usually never see that! Don’t be in too much of a rush!

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
I like the 4 bedroom every other as a 2 bedroom annual. The one at 75,500 is a good amount of points. You can probably squeeze two weeks out of that, just not sure if you’ll get two 2 bedrooms out of that every year, I guess it depends on the resort and It’s tough to check now since availability isn’t “normal” due to covid. For example, i see DVC for the whole month of Sept. you usually never see that! Don’t be in too much of a rush!
So I will not see availability DVC if I have a "weeks" contract? I can only get DVC using RCI points? Is that correct? I want to be sure I am clear on that.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
Great idea. Let me try. I will let you all know what type of response I get. Thanks for the suggestions and feedback. Fingers crossed.
I didnt get a response yet. I will give it another day or two.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
So I will not see availability DVC if I have a "weeks" contract? I can only get DVC using RCI points? Is that correct? I want to be sure I am clear on that.
You can get DVC with a weeks contract. They have TPU rooms. It will 99.9% be a one bedroom and on top of the exchange fee DVC charges another 200. I remember you saying you didn’t care for Disney properties so it wouldn’t matter. If you own any properties in Orlando you wouldn’t be able to book DVC on an exchange, with the exception if you owned a Wyndham in Orlando, those can book DVC.

did you see the EOY 4 bedroom regal vista on eBay? It’s 75,500 RCI points annually. You can bank, use current and borrow points to combine.

TamaraQT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village
Woodstone
The Colonies
You can get DVC with a weeks contract. They have TPU rooms. It will 99.9% be a one bedroom and on top of the exchange fee DVC charges another 200. I remember you saying you didn’t care for Disney properties so it wouldn’t matter. If you own any properties in Orlando you wouldn’t be able to book DVC on an exchange, with the exception if you owned a Wyndham in Orlando, those can book DVC.

did you see the EOY 4 bedroom regal vista on eBay? It’s 75,500 RCI points annually. You can bank, use current and borrow points to combine.

That is correct!!! We are NOT Disney fans and have no interest in staying on property. However, I am glad to know it CAN pull DVC which means it has potential to pull other GOOD resorts. I am watching that EOY Regal Vista it has 4 days left. I will need another to go along with it, because I am going to need more options than it will provide. It is a week #33 which is a good summer week. There is another one at Woodstone that @escanoe has suggested that is also on my watchlist. It gives 110k points EOY. But, having to borrow points from the future to accommodate a current vacation, may fall short of our needs. Another option is to buy both contracts and all the combined points will work.

There is also a 4bedroom Woodstone 'week' #28 that I have an eye on. I also reached out to the same seller to see what happened to the Colonies contract that didn't sell. It was a 4bedroom week #31. I hope to get a response for that. I think I would prefer Colonies over Woodstone. The Colonies appeal to me more due to both 2 bedroom units have full kitchens. I know someone here said it really won't matter when it comes to trading but it sticks in my mind that a partial kitchen may come into question one day. I don't want that hanging over my head when it's time to plan. A contract that will get me 2 weeks of vacation in a 2 bedroom for around 1k of annual MFees works. Also, the RCI extra vacations available(for a fee) will help me extend my vacation even further. I would like to hold out for an annual points contract on a 4bedroom during a peak summer period. But they don't come around often, and they go for very high bids as I saw the other day. Truth is, I can't pay a lot upfront. Fingers crossed that the seller of the Colonies decides to relist it or allow me to make an offer. If not, maybe then I need to really consider grabbing the Woodstone week #28.

Now, keep in mind, my husband is going to have to be ok with this. He is the reason why I can't commit to paying a lot upfront to own. I can't justify the cost with him under any circumstances. He will give me final say, but he WILL NOT want to hear complaints or regrets. So I really need to be sure that my decision will satisfy our vacation needs and more. He prefers we keep renting. But I think he will change his mind when he sees some last minute/extra vacation options available thru RCI/II membership. We can't get those benefits/discounts by 'renting'. When our daughter goes to college, we will be retired and be able to go visit her often no matter where she decides to go to college. That is what I meant by our vacation needs changing in 5 years. He doesn't understand the points system and has no interest. If I have to get his approval, he would want the Colonies or Woodstone since he is more familiar with how 'weeks' work. If he had to choose, he would also say Colonies because both sides have full kitchens.

Someone on here advised having an "Exit Strategy". Mine is my 2 adult sons. If we wanted/needed to give it up, I am sure they would have no problem sharing the contract. Both of them and their family will have a week of vacation in a 2 bedroom unit. They can go to Virginia or trade their units to go somewhere else. Fingers crossed that the seller of Colonies week gets back to me or at least relists it.

Last edited:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
That is correct!!! We are NOT Disney fans and have no interest in staying on property. However, I am glad to know it CAN pull DVC which means it has potential to pull other GOOD resorts. I am watching that EOY Regal Vista it has 4 days left. I will need another to go along with it, because I am going to need more options than it will provide. It is a week #33 which is a good summer week. There is another one at Woodstone that @escanoe has suggested that is also on my watchlist. It gives 110k points EOY. But, having to borrow points from the future to accommodate a current vacation, may fall short of our needs. Another option is to buy both contracts and all the combined points will work.

There is also a 4bedroom Woodstone 'week' #28 that I have an eye on. I also reached out to the same seller to see what happened to the Colonies contract that didn't sell. It was a 4bedroom week #31. I hope to get a response for that. I think I would prefer Colonies over Woodstone. The Colonies appeal to me more due to both 2 bedroom units have full kitchens. I know someone here said it really won't matter when it comes to trading but it sticks in my mind that a partial kitchen may come into question one day. I don't want that hanging over my head when it's time to plan. A contract that will get me 2 weeks of vacation in a 2 bedroom for around 1k of annual MFees works. Also, the RCI extra vacations available(for a fee) will help me extend my vacation even further. I would like to hold out for an annual points contract on a 4bedroom during a peak summer period. But they don't come around often, and they go for very high bids as I saw the other day. Truth is, I can't pay a lot upfront. Fingers crossed that the seller of the Colonies decides to relist it or allow me to make an offer. If not, maybe then I need to really consider grabbing the Woodstone week #28.

Now, keep in mind, my husband is going to have to be ok with this. He is the reason why I can't commit to paying a lot upfront to own. I can't justify the cost with him under any circumstances. He will give me final say, but he WILL NOT want to hear complaints or regrets. So I really need to be sure that my decision will satisfy our vacation needs and more. He prefers we keep renting. But I think he will change his mind when he sees some last minute/extra vacation options available thru RCI/II membership. We can't get those benefits/discounts by 'renting'. When our daughter goes to college, we will be retired and be able to go visit her often no matter where she decides to go to college. That is what I meant by our vacation needs changing in 5 years. He doesn't understand the points system and has no interest. If I have to get his approval, he would want the Colonies or Woodstone since he is more familiar with how 'weeks' work. If he had to choose, he would also say Colonies because both sides have full kitchens.

Someone on here advised having an "Exit Strategy". Mine is my 2 adult sons. If we wanted/needed to give it up, I am sure they would have no problem sharing the contract. Both of them and their family will have a week of vacation in a 2 bedroom unit. They can go to Virginia or trade their units to go somewhere else. Fingers crossed that the seller of Colonies week gets back to me or at least relists it.
Good. Keep researching. You’ll be surprised what comes up. The regal vista unit maint fees are due in July so you may not see any pop up until the start of the year. I’m glad I got my 4 bedroom EOY regal vista. If it doesn’t work for me for DVC I’ll get out of it

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Actually, Massanutten divides the MF due dates for all the unit types based on the week number. First half of the year weeks are due January 1 and second half July 1.

bendadin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Good. Keep researching. You’ll be surprised what comes up. The regal vista unit maint fees are due in July so you may not see any pop up until the start of the year. I’m glad I got my 4 bedroom EOY regal vista. If it doesn’t work for me for DVC I’ll get out of it

I just picked up a 4 bedroom EOY that I found in my searches. Hopefully it comes in quickly but I need to get a whole bunch of signatures because I've decided to get my kids on an RCI account. For the record, you are only allowed to add five children to an RCI account.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I just picked up a 4 bedroom EOY that I found in my searches. Hopefully it comes in quickly but I need to get a whole bunch of signatures because I've decided to get my kids on an RCI account. For the record, you are only allowed to add five children to an RCI account.
Which 4 bedroom? Regal vista?

TjTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA
That's the one, and I decided if I get it GREAT...and I can make it work. If not, then I will keep working at it. Fingers crossed. I think it would be a great place to start back into ownership for very little out of pocket. As I get more educated I can expand my portfolio but this can get me back in the ring and learn all the ins and outs again.

I like your idea Tamara, any recommendations from anyone on resorts on the west coast that are good II traders?

Jesse6283

Reaction score
Thanks. I am watching that one. It looks like a good deal !!!!

I actually just won this a couple days ago before I even read this post. Went for 1730 USD on eBay ... I think overall it's really good and it came with 2020 credits, maybe if I get lucky there will be some left over 2019 as well.... It's tempting to try to wait and get the 174k contracts but realistically you don't need that much and you will also pay a premium for it. I'm a pinch scared of a big assessment of such a huge unit though as it is a whole house ...