• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Confused by timeshare update today

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
My parents are still at Wyndham Patriots Place. Their contract says they can rescind either by letter (as you all have said) or .......Should he do both? He also was going to ask them for a signed document confirming his cancellation.

If he will feel more relaxed by getting a signed confirmation of rescinding today- then he should do so .
Immediate peace of mind can be very important in preventing additional stress.

Jan M ‘s - post (while I was typing) is a good template .

Blonde

Reaction score
You guys have been so very helpful. I've been reading all of your comments to my parents.
So they went to the sales office and got a piece of paper and wrote out a letter and signed it. The sales guy says "I will take care of it. It will take 10 to 14 business days" He (sales guy) also signed the letter
I told my dad we can't trust this guy and need to write a separate letter and mail it certified mail today. See attached image (the guys name is Michael but my mom wrote Mark, if that matters. SMH). Is this good enough?

I'm so nervous about getting this right. My parents are asking me to help with what wording should be sent in the letter. Can you guys please help me out? Here's what I was thinking:

12/31/2019
To whom it may concern:

I, (my dad's full name) and my wife (my mom's full name) wish to rescind the purchase we made on 12/30/2019 at Wyndham Patriots Place with (sellers name). The contract number is ________ and we wish to cancel it.

Sincerely,
(Signatures of both of my parents)

Please let me know if that wording is sufficient or if you guys want to rewrite my whole letter..feel free! I'm so grateful.

Attachments

• 20191231_094035.jpg
    20191231_094035.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 15

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
You guys have been so very helpful. I've been reading all of your comments to my parents.
So they went to the sales office and got a piece of paper and wrote out a letter and signed it. The sales guy says "I will take care of it. It will take 10 to 14 business days" He (sales guy) also signed the letter
I told my dad we can't trust this guy and need to write a separate letter and mail it certified mail today. See attached image (the guys name is Michael but my mom wrote Mark, if that matters. SMH). Is this good enough?

I'm so nervous about getting this right. My parents are asking me to help with what wording should be sent in the letter. Can you guys please help me out? Here's what I was thinking:

12/31/2019
To whom it may concern:

I, (my dad's full name) and my wife (my mom's full name) wish to rescind the purchase we made on 12/30/2019 at Wyndham Patriots Place with (sellers name). The contract number is ________ and we wish to cancel it.

Sincerely,

Please let me know if that wording is sufficient or if you guys want to rewrite my whole letter..feel free! I'm so grateful.
Deceptive sales practices like this one should be shared with the CEO of Wyndham. I would email Michael.brown@wyn.com and document your experience.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs

12/31/2019
To whom it may concern:

Sincerely,

What they did is a sure fire way to get screwed. Sorry but it's the truth. The salesperson signature on that paper may be worthless and that paper might even be in the trash right now. They should go back to the office and make sure they deal with the person who actually does the contracts not the sales person. Remind them about how this person sat down with them, went over everything and had them initial and sign in the appropriate places. That is who they should see. And send the certified or registered letter.

This is copied and pasted from the stickies at the top of the Wyndham page.

The Notice
In some states there will be a form letter in your paperwork you can use. If not your rescission notice does not need to be fancy or have some magic wording. It does not need to explain why you are rescinding - only a clear expression that you are rescinding your purchase. A simple letter like:

Wyndham Vacations Resorts, Inc
Attn: Account Servicing Operations-Rescission Dept

Regarding my contract XXXXXXX for the purchase of a timeshare at "ABC" resort. We are exercising our legal right to cancel this contract. Do not make any additional charges to my credit card. Please confirm my legal rescission in writing.

Sincerely,

John Husband
Jane Wife

The letter does not need to be typed, it can be hand-written. Ensure that it is signed and dated, and include the cover page of your Purchase Agreement. The contract number for Wyndham purchase agreements is typically found in the upper right hand corner of your paperwork.

Where To Send The Notice
Now comes one of the most important steps - determining where to send the notice. For this step we strongly recommend scanning your contract and locating the mailing address listed in your contract. The following address is used in most recent contracts - but IT IS IMPORTANT THAT YOU ENSURE THIS IS THE CORRECT ADDRESS FROM YOUR CONTRACT.

Wyndham Vacations Resorts, Inc
Attn: Account Servicing Operations-Rescission Dept

PO Box 94443
Las Vegas, Nevada 89193
or
10750 West Charleston Boulevard
Suite 130
Las Vegas, Nevada 89135

It is equally important that you have proof that you sent the rescission notice by the contract deadline (which varies by state). For this reason we only recommend certified mail - as certified mail is only method that is legally recognized in all US states.

However, in addition, you can fax your rescission notice to 702-227-3298, and/or email the notice to rescissions.wvr@wyn.com. We strongly recommend that email and fax only be used as secondary methods, as certified mail is method that is outlined in your contract.

Whats next?
Once you have your rescission notice in the mail and Wyndham receives it, you should receive a confirmation email from the Rescission Dept. So kick back, take a deep breath, and consider becoming a TUG member so you can fully research if being a timeshare owner is right for you.

If you want to confirm the receipt, some members have had luck calling the Financial Services Dept at 702-304-4100.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free

12/31/2019
To whom it may concern:

Sincerely,

Your letter looks fine. Please encourage your mom and dad to mail that letter today by certified mail and keep a copy of it as well as the certified mail receipt they get from the post office. I think they would have more peace of mind with that certified letter even though they have a copy of the letter they gave to the salesman. Since the salesman wasn't exactly truthful with everything he told them to get them to buy, I wouldn't believe that he would "take care of it" and that it would take 10-14 days, especially since the rescission period is seven days.

Please let us know how this all ends.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
OP, so glad you found TUG and some excellent (of course) advice here.

Ovations has been mentioned here. Once the dust has settled, and your parents have rescinded and gotten things back the way they were (be sure they keep their grandfathered VIP silver), I encourage you to look into Ovations. Not to use now, but for some piece of mind for your parents, and you. Ovations has several areas and I'm sure your parents contract will qualify (but they'll want to check). With Ovations you can give back your contract and get 3 years of use maintenance free. OR, if you want it -- they can transfer it to you (a qualifying family member) for no fees. Point being , there are some good options to alleviate concerns about inheritance - they do not need to worry about saddling you with maintenance fees. And as someone said earlier, even if there wasn't Ovations, no one can make you inherit anything. Above all, do not listen or discuss inheritance with sales people, they don't know what they are talking about, and will lie and say whatever they need to to make a sale.

You likely aren't at this point with your parents, I'm guessing after this your parents will not attend more presentations. With my Dad I had a rule, the salesperson had to talk to me before closing a sale. That put the end to any additional purchases for him. He always believed them, and they never stopped trying to sell to him.

Cyrus24

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Royal Garden, Las Olas, VV at Parkway, Island Links
Rescind and do more research. Wyndham is a wonderful product but you need to really know what you are getting into with each purchase. Myself and many others have rescinded at one point of another. After doing a bit more research following my rescission, I went to telesales and bumped by ownership. Very happy that I took the time to buy on my terms!!!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Follow the instructions exactly. Mail rescission. Do not call. Do not talk to anyone at Wyndham. If he does, it won't be a short conversation and he might cave in to Sales Lies again. If he signs another document, it may muddy the rescission process...

George
Please follow the above advice to the letter. Rescind by mailing to Wyndham ASAP. Your written documentation is your proof of the action.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I like a deed better than a trust. What Wyndham actually has been doing is throwing deeds that they can't resell into the CWA trust because nobody wants them and the CWA owners eat the cost. If you actually look at percentage inventory, there's a lot of high maintenance fee inventory in the CWA trust and low inventory at the resorts with resale value.

The reason they do that is so somebody is paying the maintenance fees on the deeds that they can't resell and it prevents the maintenance fees from further going up for the other owners that have to compensate when too many deeds go into default.

Long story short: A giant tower in the middle of the desert will always be cheaper to maintain than a trust that has a blending maintenance of every resort in the system.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like a deed better than a trust. What Wyndham actually has been doing is throwing deeds that they can't resell into the CWA trust because nobody wants them and the CWA owners eat the cost. If you actually look at percentage inventory, there's a lot of high maintenance fee inventory in the CWA trust and low inventory at the resorts with resale value.

The reason they do that is so somebody is paying the maintenance fees on the deeds that they can't resell and it prevents the maintenance fees from further going up for the other owners that have to compensate when too many deeds go into default.

Long story short: A giant tower in the middle of the desert will always be cheaper to maintain than a trust that has a blending maintenance of every resort in the system.
CWA was also a great sales strategy to sell more points. If you own a deeded property they tell you CWA is better. If you own CWA deeded is better. They play you depending on what side of the fence you are one. CWA also helped them sell the high maintenance fee deeds taken back through Ovations and blended them with some lower cost deeds. CWA is not better for anyone unless you need the 13 ARP at multiple resorts and want to pay higher maintenance fees. IMHO it is a horrible purchase to maximize the $/1000 to travel.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
I originally was going to pick up 105,000 free CWA points to get enough ARP if I really needed it, but someone posted what % of the inventory was CWA and I saw that all the good resorts that I want the ARP for were barely part of the system and it was mostly older resorts with higher maintenance. If they are going to be a trust based system, they need it to be 100% trust like Bluegreen and Worldmark.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I originally was going to pick up 105,000 free CWA points to get enough ARP if I really needed it, but someone posted what % of the inventory was CWA and I saw that all the good resorts that I want the ARP for were barely part of the system and it was mostly older resorts with higher maintenance. If they are going to be a trust based system, they need it to be 100% trust like Bluegreen and Worldmark.
If you need the ARP at many resorts CWA is a higher cost $/1000. The availability is not as good as what is available deeded. If you really want more bang for the buck and want availability try find a VIPPR member to rent from.

Last edited:

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
100% resale!!
Grand Desert isn't a deed I would give back to Ovations honestly. Even if you don't want to stay at Wyndham every year, you can easily make money off of Grand Desert VIP Silver points if you know how to use VRBO and Redweek.

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Grand Desert isn't a deed I would give back to Ovations honestly. Even if you don't want to stay at Wyndham every year, you can easily make money off of Grand Desert VIP Silver points if you know how to use VRBO and Redweek.
Nor would I. However, if I wanted out, it's good to know that Ovations is an option. I like to know I have an exit plan. I've lost track of the number of times my husband has said just be sure he has the number for Ovations (should something happen to me). I hope that's not where all this ends up, but it is an exit plan for someone who wants nothing to do with timeshares (my family will not be paying someone to take this off their hands).

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
If your parents own Wyndham Grand Desert, that is a good one to own. I just bought 154,000 points deeded there and was thrilled to get it.

SNA27

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Desert - Flagstaff - Waikiki-Beachwalk+2PICs - Bonnet-Creek - Smoky-Mountains - NO CWA/NO RESALE
Somethings don't add up in the original post.
1. They don't usually offer bonus points when there is a contract trade. So, perhaps, they were sold 125k CWA points with 125k bonus to add to their 315k GD CWS deed.
2. $40k for 125k or $320/1000 figure makes no sense at all. You couldn't possibly get that one past a greenhorn let alone an accountant!

Or it could be the fuzzy math trick like this:
Points go for $280/1000 now and it's going to go up next year.
But you're a special customer and a savvy accountant to boot, I will fight to get our rock bottom price of $180/1000 for you! You're so special!
We will give you FULL CREDIT for your purchase and even throw in additional discounts. Did I not say you're so special? We give the best deal to our Special customers!

440,000 CWA points at $180/1000 = $79,200
Credit for 315k GD CWS = $30,000
Additional discount for a Special Customer = $9,200
All you have to pay is $40,000 for this fantastic deal! It's a steal!
You're so savvy with numbers and shrewd and drive such a hard bargain! My kids are going to go hungry tonight! :D

Last edited:

Blonde

Reaction score
1. They don't usually offer bonus points when there is a contract trade. So, perhaps, they were sold 125k CWA points with 125k bonus to add to their 315k GD CWS deed.
2. $40k for 125k or $320/1000 figure makes no sense at all. You couldn't possibly get that one past a greenhorn let alone an accountant!

Or it could be the fuzzy math game like this:
But you're a special customer and a savvy accountant to boot, I will fight to get our rock bottom price of $180/1000 for you! You're so special!
We will give you FULL CREDIT for your purchase and even throw in additional discounts. Did I not say you're so special? We give the best deal to our Special customers!

You're so savvy with numbers and shrewd and drive such a hard bargain! My kids are going to go hungry tonight! :D
Lol. I completely agree. When my dad was telling me about it, nothing made any sense. And I'm sure I didn't do a good job of explaining it in my post either. So glad they are rescinding.

Blonde

Reaction score
Good to know. Just nice to have a good exit strategy too!

Blonde

Reaction score
So when I log in to my dad's online Wyndham account or whatever, it says he's Club Wyndham Plus. What does that even mean? I read the explanation on these forums...now I'm just more curious about how all of this works. Is CWA going to replace Club Wyndham Plus? Will it impact anything? I just have always loved how everything works with the time share as is. I don't want anything to change!

Sandi Bo

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
So when I log in to my dad's online Wyndham account or whatever, it says he's Club Wyndham Plus. What does that even mean? I read the explanation on these forums...now I'm just more curious about how all of this works. Is CWA going to replace Club Wyndham Plus? Will it impact anything? I just have always loved how everything works with the time share as is. I don't want anything to change!
I am CLUB Wyndham Plus - our contracts are all UDI's. By rescinding everything should remain the same. If by chance they make some updates and later have to back out - you might see Club Wyndham Access (briefly)? You want to see things remain (or return) Club Wyndham Plus. Including your Silver VIP. I assume this is what you are seeing only you see Silver VIP?

1577909389024.png

Keep an eye on it (I'm sure you will). You want it all to remain as it was before the purchase (that you are no rescinding). Silver Owner / CLUB WYNDHAM Plus.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

Club Wyndham Plus means that your parents made a developer purchase and have access to Plus Partners, like WorldMark resorts, for a $99 fee. That’s an access program run by Club Wyndham to help differentiate developer purchasers from resale purchasers.

Club Wyndham Access is a trust ownership that either resale or developer purchasers can own that represents a bundle of deeds in various resorts. This can affect reservation properties.

Club Wyndham Access will not replace Club Wyndham Plus because they are different aspects of ownership and the interaction of owners with the internal exchange systems.

Hope that helps.

Blonde

Reaction score
Club Wyndham Plus means that your parents made a developer purchase and have access to Plus Partners, like WorldMark resorts, for a $99 fee. That’s an access program run by Club Wyndham to help differentiate developer purchasers from resale purchasers.

Club Wyndham Access is a trust ownership that either resale or developer purchasers can own that represents a bundle of deeds in various resorts. This can affect reservation properties.

Club Wyndham Access will not replace Club Wyndham Plus because they are different aspects of ownership and the interaction of owners with the internal exchange systems.

Hope that helps.
Makes lots of sense! Thank you for clarifying.

Blonde

Reaction score
I am CLUB Wyndham Plus - our contracts are all UDI's. By rescinding everything should remain the same. If by chance they make some updates and later have to back out - you might see Club Wyndham Access (briefly)? You want to see things remain (or return) Club Wyndham Plus. Including your Silver VIP. I assume this is what you are seeing only you see Silver VIP?

View attachment 15939

Keep an eye on it (I'm sure you will). You want it all to remain as it was before the purchase (that you are no rescinding). Silver Owner / CLUB WYNDHAM Plus.
Definitely keeping an eye on it. Yes! That's what I currently am seeing. Thank you!!

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score

Or it could be the fuzzy math trick like this:

This is the same deal they tried with my Uncle. The sales guy told him he wasn't taking a commission on the deal this was noted in part of the discount. You either had this offered to you or did you steal sales playbook?