• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Confused about Mayan Palace Riviera

JackieD

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a unit on hold. I have been reading all the reviews on TUG and elsewhere. They are pretty mixed with good and bad. What I'm confused about is that on TUG it lists the RCI # as 6483. My hold confirmation says #6635. Is this the same place?

Also, The Grand Mayan is next door, right? Do they share the amenities? I've seen mention of a lazy river and water park. Are these shared or is there an extra fee? Is it even open? Also saw a mention of the pool being too cold to swim in the winter. Anyone experience this?

thanks for the help in advance.

barndweller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can't help with the RCI numbers as we traded in using SFX. Grand Mayan is right next door but amenities are off limits unless you are staying there. We went in February and the pool was jammed so obviously not too cold for most people. There were no lounge chairs left by about 9am, most were taken by a flip flop or magazine by then. It's a very long walk to the pool from the units where they put exchangers but we enjoyed the walk. Shuttles run regularly. If you like to party, this place will be your cup of tea. Restaurants are pretty good but rather pricey and you are a looonnng way from any grocery store. I won't go back. Cancun area does nothing for me.

We loved the Mayan Palace in Nuevo Vallarta, though. Same kind of place, totally different crowd.

Kola

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were at the Mayan Palace twice and liked it. The resort is magnificent but there was still construction going on. There is a frequent and reliable shuttle service from any building to the pool area so you don't need to walk. The restaurants are pricey but many guests go into town for dinner, you can also get your grocery supplies from WallMart about 20 min away. Unless you rent a car, get a bus right on the highway in front of the resort entrance. As to the lazy river I cannot confirm if it has been completed. Construction in Mexico is slow and unpredictable. The pool is HUGE and offers very pleasant swimming. It wasn't too cold for me in Jan. but some people like it warmer. The beach is not really for swimming, too many rocks. Have fun.

K