• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Confirmed Hyatt Windward Pointe - Have 24 Hours - Keep or Cancel

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Okay, so we confirmed a Hyatt Windward Pointe exchange for November in II using our Grande Vista studio. Paid the exchange fees, upgrade fees and added ePlus in case they close the Florida Keys down again or something. So, is this something we should keep? I have a few questions.
  1. We will likely be working some during our time there. Reviews on TUG say internet is free in room. Anyone have any experience with the wifi there. It is good/bad?
  2. II website says it is .25 miles from the beach. I know beaches in the keys aren't what we would normally think of when we think of beaches. So that isn't a concern. We would likely drive to get around and explore. Any concerns with this?
  3. How is the resort. The TUG reviews show the resort with a score of 8/10. That doesn't seem as good as I would expect from a Hyatt property. Is there something I should know?
  4. It looks like there is a $20 resort fee for getaway bookings, but I don't think that applies to exchanges?
  5. Anything else I am missing that should make me want to avoid the property?
I only have 24 hours to change my mind. I did upgrade to Platinum for 50% off to get the discount on upgrade fees and we will take advantage of that. So cancelling won't refund that Platinum upgrade, but I could get out of the exchange fee and upgrade fees if this is a property we should avoid.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
It’s actualy a nice place but I think you wil have to pay the daily resort fee if you are not an owner or a member of the overall Hyatt Residence Club.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
Also it’s on the other side of the island from the main activities going on in the town and Mallory pier sunset activities.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
  1. We will likely be working some during our time there. Reviews on TUG say internet is free in room. Anyone have any experience with the WIFI there. It is good/bad?
    1. I have stayed at Hyatt Windward Pointe and the WIFI is very good, I had to work each day of my 7 day vacation for a few hours each day and had no issues
  2. II website says it is .25 miles from the beach. I know beaches in the keys aren't what we would normally think of when we think of beaches. So that isn't a concern. We would likely drive to get around and explore. Any concerns with this?
    1. It's a great area to explore, we found that it was easier taking a taxi into town vs trying to find a place to park. Their is a beach directly across the street from the resort, but we loved swimming in the pool. We loved driving around the island and surrounding area because it's just so lovely.
  3. How is the resort. The TUG reviews show the resort with a score of 8/10. That doesn't seem as good as I would expect from a Hyatt property. Is there something I should know?
    1. I think this resort is great, this resort and the Beach House both get lower scores because they are not located in the heart of old town that sunset harbor is located at. I love the layout of this resort and the units inside are beautiful, I think you will love it.
  4. It looks like there is a $20 resort fee for getaway bookings, but I don't think that applies to exchanges?
    1. I can not speak to this fee as I stayed here via an exchange.
  5. Anything else I am missing that should make me want to avoid the property?
    1. November will be a lovely time to be at this resort, so I would go for it. Have fun, I really love the Key West Hyatt Resorts.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
It’s actualy a nice place but I think you wil have to pay the daily resort fee if you are not an owner or a member of the overall Hyatt Residence Club.
The II confirmation indicates the following. No mention about exchanges.

Getaway purchase has nightly resort fee: USD 20.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I loved it, precisely because it wasn’t in the center of the action. It felt more relaxed than downtown key west and more sprawling than other resorts. I loved lounging by the pool during the day , with a nice view of the ocean (which is across a street from the resort), and then going downtown at night. We would drive downtown, but then found parking too hard, so would cab/Uber it. We rented bikes and rode around the entire island a couple of the days. Smathers beach is a few blocks away, but really none of the beaches there were all that great
the villa was beautiful and I really liked the spacious balcony/ veranda with its big table and chairs. We hung out there a lot too. That would be a nice area to work from. I would definitely go back there again.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I own Hyatt but have stayed on interval exchanges / getaways with a different account. I have never had to pay a fee for exchanges, and have only paid a fee once for a getaway.

They aren't used to charging the fee, but I had a manager check me out at the place that charged me a getaway fee and he seemed to know what he was doing. In fact, he told me that if it was an exchange, I would not be charged a fee.