TUG Review Crew: Expert
- May 20, 2006
- Reaction score
- NE Florida
- Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Vista
Marriott's Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Okay, so we confirmed a Hyatt Windward Pointe exchange for November in II using our Grande Vista studio. Paid the exchange fees, upgrade fees and added ePlus in case they close the Florida Keys down again or something. So, is this something we should keep? I have a few questions.
- We will likely be working some during our time there. Reviews on TUG say internet is free in room. Anyone have any experience with the wifi there. It is good/bad?
- II website says it is .25 miles from the beach. I know beaches in the keys aren't what we would normally think of when we think of beaches. So that isn't a concern. We would likely drive to get around and explore. Any concerns with this?
- How is the resort. The TUG reviews show the resort with a score of 8/10. That doesn't seem as good as I would expect from a Hyatt property. Is there something I should know?
- It looks like there is a $20 resort fee for getaway bookings, but I don't think that applies to exchanges?
- Anything else I am missing that should make me want to avoid the property?