• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Condovacay.com

Jimmyboy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin kierland villas
Anybody heard or reserved through this website?
Vistana owner own many and rents out his units through his website. Discovered through a ad on Redweek

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
I had to do some searching because I couldn't find anything called condovay. Is it Condovacay perhaps? That one looks like it is owned by someone who is renting timeshares. If that is the correct one, maybe you can change your title so that others who may have used this guy recognize the name. I think to edit your title you choose to edit your post, then choose advanced to edit your thread title (but I am not 100% sure).

Jimmyboy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin kierland villas
I had to do some searching because I couldn't find anything called condovay. Is it Condovacay perhaps? That one looks like it is owned by someone who is renting timeshares. If that is the correct one, maybe you can change your title so that others who may have used this guy recognize the name. I think to edit your title you choose to edit your post, then choose advanced to edit your thread title (but I am not 100% sure).
yes I spelled it wrong. Thanks! Fixed

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Per the about page, like he owns a bunch of VOIs and rents most of them out. No different than any other owner rental.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
Per the about page, like he owns a bunch of VOIs and rents most of them out. No different than any other owner rental.
I would consider having (or claiming to have) over 40 pre-reserved weeks available in Maui between now and March of 2024 slightly different to most owner rentals :giggle: That's a lot of SO and MFs!

emeryjre

TUG Member
Reaction score
He intimates he is the owner of these units.
Based on the timelines he has in FAQ's section, he may be acting as a go between.
An interesting and troubling statement he has in his FAQ's is that it is difficult and time consuming to change the name on a Vistana reservation.
He also says he does not put "your" (the renter's name) on the reservation until 10 days before the date of the rental.
edit: He wants payment within 2 weeks of confirmation of the reservation
There is nothing at the website that gives me 100% confidence of the operation.
I have no experience with the site, it is just an opinion based on a 15 minute review of the site.

Last edited:

Jimmyboy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin kierland villas
Based on the timelines he has in FAQ's section, he may be acting as a go between.
An interesting and troubling statement he has in his FAQ's is that it is difficult and time consuming to change the name on a Vistana reservation.
He also says he does not put "your" (the renter's name) on the reservation until 10 days before the date of the rental.
I have no experience with the site, it is just an opinion based on a 15 minute review of the site.

I was suspicious also about the same points.
Price and cancellation policy were somewhat TGTBT I thought.

Here is the website

Curious with the amount of ownership has anybody here stepped up and said they have used this site successfull?

Sicnarf

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, I ran into Tom's website in 2005 when I was looking for ideas in creating my own rental site. It was not condovacay.com at that time. He process hasn't changed much but he seems to have expanded his business by renting weeks of other owners who gave him access to their Vistana online account.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
These things might be red flags for a site that was created recently, but the domain was registered in 2017, so it is now over 6 years old. It seems like a legitimate operation and every owner seems to have slightly different terms. Adding the guest name might be something old when you had to pay for guest name changes on Vistana reservations. That is just a guess though.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I would consider having (or claiming to have) over 40 pre-reserved weeks available in Maui between now and March of 2024 slightly different to most owner rentals :giggle: That's a lot of SO and MFs!
If they have over 40, that is likely more than the 16 weeks they claim to own and are either renting shorter stays (Via StarOptions or ClubPoints) or they are also renting intervals brought to them by other owners.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
If they have over 40, that is likely more than the 16 weeks they claim to own and are either renting shorter stays (Via StarOptions or ClubPoints) or they are also renting intervals brought to them by other owners.
Probably the latter as it's primarily 40+ different full weeks across the 3 Maui resorts, all unit sizes, all views.