• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Condition of Table Rock Lake and Big Cedar

acesgame

TUG Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me what it's like lately? Last year we were in Branson in end of May/first of June and the lake was a mess. There were no boat docks because they were washed away or underwater and it was very very cold for that time of the year. The Dam was completely open. We would like to go to Big Cedar in the same time frame this year but we would really like to go out on the lake and fish too.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
It was very bad last Spring, however, the weather has been fine since then.

You really should ask again in a couple of months.

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
The floods they've had in recent years have been worse than most can remember. It's really pretty unusual. Most of the time, the end of May first part of June are good times to go to Branson. Weather, as with almost any vacation, can be a fickle thing.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
There have been stories in the local papers that say the flooding in recent years has been made worse because of all the development. If that's the case, there will probably be more episodes in the future.

However, yes, last spring was the worst year yet. May was a very bad month, but even though the water level remained higher than normal it really didn't affect too much after that timeframe.

horsecreek

TUG Member
Reaction score
no reviews since Dec. 2009?

This is a top ten/eleven resort on Tug but no one has written a review for a 2010 or 2011 visit? I too am interested if the resort has any current concerns one should know about.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a top ten/eleven resort on Tug but no one has written a review for a 2010 or 2011 visit? I too am interested if the resort has any current concerns one should know about.

There are no current concerns. The heavy rain and flooding started in April last year. If there are concerns, ask again in a few months.

Big Cedar is just as it always has been, a great resort that is a 20 minute drive from just about anything in Branson. That's the only slight negative in my mind.

akp

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been there recently

I go to Big Cedar 3-4 times a year. Most recently, I was there in early November and again over New Year's (last week). Everything was in great shape.

I've been going for 4 years now and twice during that time there has been significant flooding that affected access to the lake, Dogwood Canyon, etc.

I'll be there again in March and will post after, but who knows what the spring will bring?

Anita

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The weather has been unbelievably gorgeous here so far this winter, but who knows what spring will bring? The heavy rains of last spring were followed by months of drought and searing temperatures over 100F. You gotta love the crazy weather in the Midwest - and be ready for anything Mother Nature throws at you, but we're keeping our fingers crossed for milder weather this year!

BoaterMike

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Caribbean, Royal Haciendas, Marriott Grand Chateau,
In late April 2011 the lake rose to a record level, about 15 feet above normal pool. The prior record was set in 2008. Last year, southern Missouri and northern Arkansas experienced an unusual amount of heavy rain and violent storms in Spring and early Summer. This includes the storm that leveled most of Joplin, MO.

A lot of the water drained in to the Mississippi River south of St. Louis and caused flooding down to New Orleans.

Fishing was off in spring, but once the water came down and stabilized the activity returned to normal. April and May should be good again. But there's no guarantee of good weather unfortunately.

That was an unusual string of storms. Hopefully we don't see another unusual weather year like 2011.

Mike