• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Comparisons of different Vidanta RM resorts ?

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
Howe’s you equate the Grand Luxxe Jungle and the Grand Luxxe, Grand Bliss and Grand Mayan?
For one adult and 2 children, at the moment anyway there’s a 1BR at the Grand Luxxe Jungle, studio at the Grande Luxe and a 1BR at theGrand Bliss, and 2 BR at the Grand Mayan or Bliss Jungle
Having never been there, which resort is more convenient to the amenities? They’d def. go to the new water park a few days. I’m a Marriot owner so familiar with their units, it not the size of the Vidanta. How do they compare in size and quality to Marriott, and how do the different levels compare?
thanks so much for some guidance. Trying to get something for my daughter and grandsons for December.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Howe’s you equate the Grand Luxxe Jungle and the Grand Luxxe, Grand Bliss and Grand Mayan?
For one adult and 2 children, at the moment anyway there’s a 1BR at the Grand Luxxe Jungle, studio at the Grande Luxe and a 1BR at theGrand Bliss, and 2 BR at the Grand Mayan or Bliss Jungle
Having never been there, which resort is more convenient to the amenities? They’d def. go to the new water park a few days. I’m a Marriot owner so familiar with their units, it not the size of the Vidanta. How do they compare in size and quality to Marriott, and how do the different levels compare?
thanks so much for some guidance. Trying to get something for my daughter and grandsons for December.

2 bedroom Grand Mayan will give everyone more space - 2nd bedroom is a lockoff
GL Jungle is closer to the water park. I believe sq footage is 1000-1200 sq ft.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Does the Grand Luxe Jungle have a balcony with a jacuzzi? I think the Geand Mayan has a plunge pool, right?
What about the pools at each resort?

rboesl

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Divi Village Beach & Golf Resort
Vidanta Grand Mayan
Villa del Arco Cobo
Grandview Las Vegas
Vacation Village at Bonaventure
All of your questions about the room can be answered by visiting Vidanta's website (Vidanta.com). You can drill down to each specific room type and see a floor plan for every room type, including what's on the balcony. They also provide a map of the resort so you can see where each is relative to the others.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe I’m missing something but on their site I couldn’t ascertain the differences between Grand Luxxe and Grand Luxe Jungle. I read some mixed reviews about the GL Jungle so was hoping to get some Tugger feedback

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
First of all - all units are basically "Jungle" there. The buildings are only 3 stories high and the trees have gotten huge. The resort is so large that they continuously run shuttles everywhere, so getting to a distant pool or the water park is not an issue.

Grand Luxxe Deluxxe units do not have a large balcony and plunge pool. These were converted from unfinished Mayan Palace units. It is closest to the water park. They have 1 bedroom and there is a pull-out sofa in the living room.

The Grand Mayan 2-bedroom would be my first choice for a family. (Actually even for just hubby and me.) It does have the plunge pool on the balcony and a couple of chaise loungers and 2 more chairs. It is close to 3 pools. The original pool is huge and kids love it.

If you can get a December exchange, take what you can get - especially if you are trying for Christmas break.

Last edited:

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
First of all - all units are basically "Jungle" there. The buildings are only 3 stories high and the trees have gotten huge. The resort is so large that they continupusly run shuttles everywhere, so getting to a distant pool or the water park is not an issue.

Grand Luxxe Deluxxe units do not have a large balcony and plunge pool. These were converted from unfinished Mayan Palace units. It is closest to the water park. They have 1 bedroom and ther is a pull-out sofa in the living room.

The Grand Mayan 2-bedroom would be my first choice for a family. (Actually even for just hubby and me.) It does have the plunge pool on the balcony and a couple of chaise loungers and 2 more chairs. It is close to 3 pools. The original pool is huge and kids love it.

If you can get a December exchamge, take what you can get - especially if you are trying for Christmas break.
Thanks!!

rpennisi

Reaction score
First of all - all units are basically "Jungle" there. The buildings are only 3 stories high and the trees have gotten huge. The resort is so large that they continupusly run shuttles everywhere, so getting to a distant pool or the water park is not an issue.

Grand Luxxe Deluxxe units do not have a large balcony and plunge pool. These were converted from unfinished Mayan Palace units. It is closest to the water park. They have 1 bedroom and ther is a pull-out sofa in the living room.

If you can get a December exchamge, take what you can get - especially if you are trying for Christmas break.
I agree with Phyllis, but only if you can get the Grand Mayan buildings closest to the beach and pools (buildings 1-

I agree with Phyllis going for the two bedroom Grand Mayn, especially if you can get GM 1-7, and not the Jungle GM. The GM 1-7 have shorter distances to the pools and beach. The problem is knowing beforehand that you have those closer GM buildings for your stay.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is there a system for requesting in advance? An email address for rooms control to at least try?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Is there a system for requesting in advance? An email address for rooms control to at least try?
If you are exchanging in, I don't think they will even look at your request. If you arrive and agree to a presentation you might be able to negotiate a specific request as part of the agreement. If you exchange in and don't take the tour, they have a tendency to prioritize owners using owner weeks and put exchangers in the least desirable locations.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Is there a system for requesting in advance? An email address for rooms control.......
Here is my suggestion.

They check in and when they meet the person who assigns the rooms do the chit chat & then take the room assigned. Questions like “ is this ocean view “ should be avoided. This is what they use to convince people to sign up for a presentation.

The room assignment person is still subject to availability of empty / cleaned units. There is a very good chance that the room they get will be a good location. If they truly don’t like it they can always go back & negotiate.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Obviously I know it’s subject to availability. However, since another poster mentioned buildings 1-7 being more convenient I simply was asking if there was an email that people used to make requests.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Obviously I know it’s subject to availability. However, since another poster mentioned buildings 1-7 being more convenient I simply was asking if there was an email that people used to make requests.
Vidanta has 2 management sides - Hotel Side & Vida Sales side.
The front desk people work for the hotel side.
The gatekeeper person who gives you the room number works for the Vida Sales side.

If you make a request to that gatekeeper person at check in - that is the hook they use to get you to a sales presentation. Their job performance evaluation is based on sign up results.

If you are polite & friendly but give them no bait - they can’t catch a fish.
If you insist on building 1-7 they will use that.
If you say nothing you could still be given a room in 1-7 because it is ready.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
Whether or not there is an email which you can use is really pointless, which they are trying to communicate here. If you find one, then send away, IT WILL NOT MATTER!

Rooms are assigned by SALES at your 'check in meeting' with them.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Whether or not there is an email which you can use is really pointless, which they are trying to communicate here. If you find one, then send away, IT WILL NOT MATTER!

Rooms are assigned by SALES at your 'check in meeting' with them.
Thanks for clarifying. I’m not familiar with their system. With Marriott and some others you can request- obviously subject to availability. But room assignment isn’t tied in with presentations.
I know Mexican timeshare presentations are a different animal.

Pathways

TUG Member
Reaction score
I know Mexican timeshare presentations are a different animal.
Not only is the room assignment up to sales, even the level of building is their choice. They will not give you a room at a lower level, but may raise it to a higher level.

I once had a Mayan P room reserved, which is what i really wanted. (I had never stayed at that level, (always upgraded by sales), and I really wanted that building level. They put me in a Grand M, then a Grand B, - it took me three HOURS to get it changed to the MP level I wanted

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We have gone there as an owner and as an exchanger. When we have exchanged in, they know that we are owners and if we do not do the update, we get a less desirable room location. We tend to get better rooms as an owner - even without doing the update.

In the picture below, the ones that are U shaped around the pond near the ocean are buildings 1-7.
1617375204145.jpeg

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We had a Grand Mayan jungle (building 10 or 11 iirc) and I didn't like the location in the resort at all. I would probably take the bliss 2 br or the Grand luxxe jungle 1 br.

Another consideration is the resort fee. Its by size, so the 1 br will be considerably cheaper. But I'm pretty sure the Grand Luxxe jungle 1 br is the same floor space as the bliss 2 br.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
You will definitely get a better room assignment if you agree to attend a sales presentation. If you do so, they may even upgrade you to a higher tier on the resort. They will, however, ask you for a $20 deposit for attending the sales presentation, and you might not get that $20 back if you cancel the presentation after you are already in the room or just don't attend. You'd also miss out on whatever they offered in exchange for attending (e.g., 10% credit on room charges, etc.).