• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Comparison of 5 Phoenix Timeshares

Which is your favorite resort?

• Marriott Canyon Villas

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Sheraton Desert Oasis

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Westin Kierland Villas

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • Worldmark Scottsdale

• Worldmark South Mountain

• Total voters

Clifbell

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, Hilton, Westin, Marriott
I have had the opportunity to stay at five major Timeshares in the Phoenix Arizona area and this is a video comparison of those five timeshares. I've also included the 5 Timeshares listed below with the links to their Video Reviews so you can see the details as well. I created a set of Criteria to rank the resorts that included, cost, room, Barbecue, pool, and what I call Ambiance which really is about enjoying the outdoor portions of the resorts. I have created a video Review for you to enjoy my comparisons and my overall recommendations. I am curious if you agree with my analysis. When listing out the cost to stay at the resorts, I used a one bedroom unit at off-peak pricing. I calculated the cost of my maintenance for a one week stay and then divided by 7 to get the daily rate.

Video comparison of 5 Phoenix timeshares -

Marriott Canyon Villas -
Sheraton Desert Oasis - https://youtu.be/3nm1WP4MaN0
Westin Kierland Villas -
Worldmark Scottsdale -
Worldmark South Mountain -

My summary review slide is included here so you can see the rating results
Screen Shot 2021-01-22 at 9.55.36 PM.png

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing. We’ll be at Scottsdale Camelback Resort tomorrow. We love the location, super close to Old Town and the Fashion Mall. The buildings have great Southwestern character inside and out. We traded into a “studio” which has two levels and is around 900 sf. We stayed in one of these units a few years ago and loved it. The following week we have the larger one bedroom at Desert Oasis. We’ve never been there before and are looking forward to it. Several years ago we stayed in the large one bedroom at the Westin Kierland. That was very nice too. Camelback isn’t as glamorous as the other resorts but has so much personality and a great location that we rate it very highly.

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
There’s also Four Seasons in Scottsdale.

amyhwang

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott’s Ko Olina
There’s also Four Seasons in Scottsdale.

Yes! I got a 2 bedroom there once on a trade for our studio at Ko Olina. We used it to visit good friends who live in Scottsdale. Daily maid service was a nice perk! The food (we had lunch pretty much daily by the pool) was excellent, service was amazing (they had staff come around with free Dibbs and popsicles, smoothie samples every afternoon). It was cold in the evenings (in June), so they lit a chimnea for us and brought us free s’mores makings even.