• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Comparing Kings Land 3-BR Options

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Hawaiian Village - Lagoon Tower
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
Looking at a 4-person golf trip to the Big Island in October. There are two 3-BR options at Kings Land, and one at Ocean Tower.

As best I can tell, the difference between the two 3-BR options at Kings Land is that the "more expensive" (more points) one has a fancier lanai. It says it includes a dining table for four, etc. So I am inferring from that that the lanai in the other 3BR doesn't allow for eating outside on the lanai -- but I don't know if that's the case or not.

The other option is Ocean Tower, which has a 3-BR with partial ocean view.

Any suggestions or information about these three options?

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
The Kingsland units are larger, 1600 sq ft vs 1300 sq ft at Ocean Tower. It might be the master suite bathroom that has the soaking tub, I don’t think OT has those.

I prefer KL first floor end unit, easy access to the grills. It has the lowest point requirement.

The other one is a second floor unit. There is a third type at KL that are in buildings 23/25, a long way from the super pool, these are on floors 1,2,3 with the highest point requirement.

48ff441732ca8af06d195a9abb5d1aad.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
The Kingsland units are larger, 1600 sq ft vs 1300 sq ft at Ocean Tower. It might be the master suite bathroom that has the soaking tub, I don’t think OT has those.

I prefer KL first floor end unit, easy access to the grills. It has the lowest point requirement.

The other one is a second floor unit. There is a third type at KL that are in buildings 23/25, a long way from the super pool, these are on floors 1,2,3 with the highest point requirement.

It’s that third type (3LX) at KL that -appears- to have a nicer lanai, with tables/chair on the lanai. I’m just not sure what the lanai is like in that 3BX unit or exactly what the differences are between the 3LX and the 3BX units.

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're talking about KL Phase 1, which IIRC is the only phase that has 3BR, then the difference between the 3 types of 3 BR is only the floor that it's on. No layout differences, though of course if you're on the first floor (cheapest), then you can walk off your lanai (actually a patio at that point) directly onto the property. One thing to note, which could be a minus or a plus depending on your point of view, is that there are a lot of feral cats on the property. If you're on the first floor, they'll come onto your patio.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
If you're talking about KL Phase 1, which IIRC is the only phase that has 3BR, then the difference between the 3 types of 3 BR is only the floor that it's on. No layout differences, though of course if you're on the first floor (cheapest), then you can walk off your lanai (actually a patio at that point) directly onto the property. One thing to note, which could be a minus or a plus depending on your point of view, is that there are a lot of feral cats on the property. If you're on the first floor, they'll come onto your patio.
I’m just going by the description you get when you click on the room type on the HHV website. The 3LX, which is the most points, says floors 1-3, end unit, buildings 23 & 25, Phase III, and describes a lanai with dining table and chairs and a loveseat and coffee table. The 3BX says it is end unit, second floor, but says nothing in particular about the lanai. (The 3BR says first floor.)

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
OK, I haven't really followed KL since before they started Phase 2. If Phase 3 has 3BR units, then ignore my comment. It's clearly out of date. Sorry.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
I would take the KL unit for a golf trip. You can park right outside your unit where Ocean Tower is a hike from the parking area and parking is free at KL. Not free at Ocean tower.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It’s that third type (3LX) at KL that -appears- to have a nicer lanai, with tables/chair on the lanai. I’m just not sure what the lanai is like in that 3BX unit or exactly what the differences are between the 3LX and the 3BX units.

I cant say what the BX lanai looks like, but I did snap a picture of the LX lanai when they first opened those buildings. Like Buzz said, KL is so close you can walk to the golf clubhouse from building 25.

129f6e2ede9ec91a075caa27a22ade59.jpg

ared505

Reaction score
I've been going to the Bay Club for years (part of the HGVC complex), and not stayed in KL or OT. I agree with the proximity of KL to golf. OT is essentially a high rise hotel, a very different ambience.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I cant say what the BX lanai looks like, but I did snap a picture of the LX lanai when they first opened those buildings. Like Buzz said, KL is so close you can walk to the golf clubhouse from building 25.

Thx. That’s perfectly consistent with the description they provide. What I don’t know is what the BX lanai is like. The description doesn’t say. To me, eating outside is an essential part of visiting Hawaii!

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club

Thx. That’s perfectly consistent with the description they provide. What I don’t know is what the BX lanai is like. The description doesn’t say. To me, eating outside is an essential part of visiting Hawaii!

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
I would take the KL unit for a golf trip. You can park right outside your unit where Ocean Tower is a hike from the parking area and parking is free at KL. Not free at Ocean tower.
That’s definitely relevant. Carrying the clubs to/from the car every day, would definitely like parking close by.

BingoBangoBongo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Elara, Kings Land, Valdoro Mountain, the District
That’s definitely relevant. Carrying the clubs to/from the car every day, would definitely like parking close by.

i believe you could pull up in front of the OT to pick up/drop off people and clubs but it would be a pain to drag them back and forth. If you forget something in your room it‘s probably at least a 20 minute back and forth at OT. I’m a golfer and would definitely pick KL over OT. To me OT is better suited if you plan on spending more time at the resort.

Last edited:

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club

If you know, is the only difference between the 3BR and the 3BX that 3BR is first floor and 3BX is second floor? That's the only difference I have found, and, as you said, 3BR is a lot fewer points.

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
If you know, is the only difference between the 3BR and the 3BX that 3BR is first floor and 3BX is second floor? That's the only difference I have found, and, as you said, 3BR is a lot fewer points.

Does the Sticky Help - Link

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

We usually stay in one or two bedroom units, and don't have direct experience with the 3 bedrooms, But most of the units at KL follow that model, 1st floor costs the least points, 3rd floor or 2nd floor end units cost the most.

The end units for phase one are only two levels so the units on the 2nd floor are top, and you won't have anyone above you.

csodjd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Maui Ocean Club
We usually stay in one or two bedroom units, and don't have direct experience with the 3 bedrooms, But most of the units at KL follow that model, 1st floor costs the least points, 3rd floor or 2nd floor end units cost the most.

The end units for phase one are only two levels so the units on the 2nd floor are top, and you won't have anyone above you.
Well, that’s certainly what it seems from just reading what Hilton says. I may actually have to do the unthinkable... call and ask. :cool:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

That is the only difference I know. See photos. 3rd bedroom is the little bump out at the ends, the rest of the unit is the same as the 2brs.

Full disclosure, I purchased a Type V, 2BR Plus EOY Gold (8700 pts) in 2008, pre-construction. I didn’t pay list price, I paid $16,500, about $2 a point. I still have all the promotional flyers and disclosure book, where the attached photos come from. I was not able to use it in 2009 as a condition of purchase, I think occupancy did not start until late in 2009. I also received 10,000 bonus points.

A few years ago I sold the Type V and purchased a Type VI, 2BR Premier Annual Platinum (14400 pts) resale, about 90 cents a point. Its our favorite HGV resort, visit almost every year since then, my wife has cousins that live in Hilo.

e2ac428362cd67e44245dab7bb064822.jpg
6d7788a88377cb2f9e7e71f28f2e0466.jpg
8e99fa18fb74481bbf33bf1e93f32698.jpg
b26e93acde1567d7d2b352781704bed5.jpg