• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Comic Con 2021 cancelled. Mulling over what to do with my week.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
Just saw CC 2021 is cancelled. I have several options with my Gaslamp 1 bedroom week. I’m also open to suggestions.

Options:

RCI deposit 47 TPU. I have an RCI membership good through Spring of 2022
II Deposit TDI 70 I don’t have an II membership other than what I get through Vistana
SFX I currently am free Gold but SFX is offering $100 platinum if I deposit. I enjoy Mexico.
Trading Places. It’s a VRI resort so that’s pretty easy but not that enthusiastic about TPI inventory.

Hmmm . . .

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
RCI - you can do a lot with 47 TPU. Access to HGVC properties.
II - not the greatest TDI but based upon location I think it would get you a good trade - especially with Mexico in the mix. My Quarter House unit sees a lot of great inventory in II. But I wouldn't pay for a membership to deposit just a single unit.
SFX - the upgrade is a good one and they have good access to Vidanta properties with reduced (I believe) resort fees. Of course they don't have online inventory so you will have to call in and place a request then wait for a trade.
TPI - probably your least expensive option. You can always get Club Cascadas (which we love) but it's not a big resort vibe if that is what you want.

If it was me, I would probably do RCI or SFX.

Btw, if Gaslamp will make the deposit into GPX and if GPX will take the deposit, that would be another option with a good selection of Hawaii weeks in 2022.

buzglyd

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGV Lagoon Tower
HGV Carlsbad Seapointe
Gaslamp Plaza Suites
SVV Bella
RCI - you can do a lot with 47 TPU. Access to HGVC properties.
II - not the greatest TDI but based upon location I think it would get you a good trade - especially with Mexico in the mix. My Quarter House unit sees a lot of great inventory in II. But I wouldn't pay for a membership to deposit just a single unit.
SFX - the upgrade is a good one and they have good access to Vidanta properties with reduced (I believe) resort fees. Of course they don't have online inventory so you will have to call in and place a request then wait for a trade.
TPI - probably your least expensive option. You can always get Club Cascadas (which we love) but it's not a big resort vibe if that is what you want.

If it was me, I would probably do RCI or SFX.

Btw, if Gaslamp will make the deposit into GPX and if GPX will take the deposit, that would be another option with a good selection of Hawaii weeks in 2022.

You’re right. I forgot about GPX and they will take it for sure. I’ve got a lot of HGV points in the hopper so that makes RCI some what less attractive since I can book some units with those points. I’m kind of leaning toward SFX because we haven’t been to Grand Luxxe in a few year.