• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Come to Orlando Jan 22 for our 2020 TUG meeting!

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Okay, we need to figure out how to tag those photos with usernames, so we can properly id folks. I'd love to come one year; this week in Jan. is hard for me, work-wise. Hmmm...

ronandjoan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Okay, we need to figure out how to tag those photos with usernames, so we can properly id folks. I'd love to come one year; this week in Jan. is hard for me, work-wise. Hmmm...
Right!! A couple of times I did that, and we should again ! Thanks for reminding us.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
if you post the photos individually, you can use the @ symbol in front of a username to tag them.

for instance @ronandjoan

AwayWeGo

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Will there be enough TUG people in Orlando FL in January 2021 for another informal Golden Corral get-together ?

The Chief Of Staff & I have a timeshare reservation for Jan. 23-30, 2021 (Vacation Village At Parkway). Because of the coronavirus situation & our potential vulnerability to covid-19 (owing to our advanced age, etc.), we don't know whether we'll show up & check in or just stay home & let our timeshare reservation go by the board.

It's possible we'll not only show up & check in on Jan. 23, but also see if we can snag bargain Orlando-Kissimmee timeshare reservations for check in Jan. 16 or Jan. 9, or both, depending on the coronavirus situation. We'll start checking the RCI website for low-cost Last Call (etc.) reservations the beginning or middle of next month.

In any case, the questions remain -- how many TUG people will be in the Orlando-Kissimmee area in January, & how many of those will want to get together again at Golden Corral (or some alternative meeting site) ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​

Last edited:

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Telemark, Townhouses at St Augustine Beach and Tennis Club, Stoneridge Resort (ID)
Hi to all!
Guess we haven’t sent out any plans but good for Alan to step up. ( usually we coordinate in August but...)
We’re planning to be in FL in January as normal since we have fixed weeks!!!! (In St Augustine) but although we have our airline tickets , etc, we can always cancel ( we bought the insurance) , but don’t know about 4 fixed weeks ..?.. can we change those???
And... we have discussed going to a buffet, hmmmmm, how “safe” would that be nowadays?
Anyway, we’ll be in FL, Becky will be, prob Jan and Jim and who else???
Would be very glad to see whomever... and is a Friday night the best?
Feel free to comment!!!

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
So far, I don't think any of the Golden Corral restaurants have reopened in Orlando. We will likely be there that week also. If so, I will be there.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
So far, I don't think any of the Golden Corral restaurants have reopened in Orlando. We will likely be there that week also. If so, I will be there.
Maybe 1 of the timeshare resorts where TUG people will be staying might have a suitable social meeting space.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Ahh will be in Orlando in Feb!

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maybe 1 of the timeshare resorts where TUG people will be staying might have a suitable social meeting space.

Good idea

mcsteve

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara - Las Vegas
Southwind, Egret Point & Waterside by Spinnaker - HHI
Vacation Village @ Weston
Not sure if I will be there this year. We have 14 day reservations in Daytona Shores and Orlando beginning the 16th but the 14 day seclusion once I return to Canada is the big wild card. The gov’t has started pilot programs at some airports to allow shorter times if you pass a test upon return but that is currently on the other side of the country.

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Not sure if I will be there this year. We have 14 day reservations in Daytona Shores and Orlando beginning the 16th but the 14 day seclusion once I return to Canada is the big wild card. The gov’t has started pilot programs at some airports to allow shorter times if you pass a test upon return but that is currently on the other side of the country.
Yes, the Canadian restrictions have been hard for us wanting to visit friends there. Perhaps it might change by then... we can always hope ... that is , change for the best. We know things will keep changing.

Synergy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview, Massanutten
I've wished that I could attend before, but this year I can't even try. I haven't been within several paces of another unmasked human in months because my dad is in the middle of chemo =/ I hope you all come up with a way to gather and enjoy it!!

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've wished that I could attend before, but this year I can't even try. I haven't been within several paces of another unmasked human in months because my dad is in the middle of chemo =/ I hope you all come up with a way to gather and enjoy it!!
Thanks and sorry your father is on chemo. Neither have we been several paces from an unmasked person in all this time... we have our own “medical conditions.”..one of which is our age! So we’ve been super careful and are wondering also if we will be able to keep all our reservations.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Would be very glad to see whomever... and is a Friday night the best?
Feel free to comment!
Just for clarity, we're currently figuring on TUG people getting together informally on a Friday evening in January 2021 at an undetermined Orlando-Kissimmee location -- i.e., Jan. 15 or Jan. 22 or Jan. 23, 2021.

Right ?

ronandjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just for clarity, we're currently figuring on TUG people getting together informally on a Friday evening in January 2021 at an undetermined Orlando-Kissimmee location -- i.e., Jan. 15 or Jan. 22 or Jan. 23, 2021.

Right ?

Yes, whenever we can work it out. I like the idea of perhaps finding another site. Even a timeshare place to meet ... BTW Magic Tree has a nice meeting place —- if going to a buffet would not be the best.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
We would like to get together, let us know when and where.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually, a good place to meet might be at one of the many closed movie theaters. They would love to rent out some meeting space to generate a few dollars.!

Just a suggestion.

jancpa

TUG Member
Reaction score
We ate at the Golden Corral in Celebration last week. Customers had to wear masks at the buffet lines and disposable plastic
gloves were provided to handle the serving utensils. All in all, it seemed quite safe under the circumstances.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Left Orlando on Nov 2 and Golden Corral was set to open up on Nov 6. Glad to hear they are handling the situation well and have reopened.

Since our Jan cruises have been cancelled will be in Orlando from Jan 4. Would love to meetup with some TUGGERS! Might not be in town from Jan 18-22 as we are contemplating driving to Washington DC to see inauguration of president. Dont get to see many of those in person when you live across the country.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dori

TUG Member
Reaction score
We will have to count ourselves out. At this point in time, we don’t see ourselves travelling to Florida this winter for our 3month escape from the cold.

Dori

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
We ate at the Golden Corral in Celebration last week. Customers had to wear masks at the buffet lines and disposable plastic
gloves were provided to handle the serving utensils. All in all, it seemed quite safe under the circumstances.
Good to hear. I was afraid the buffets were gone forever.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
We will have to count ourselves out. At this point in time, we don’t see ourselves travelling to Florida this winter for our 3month escape from the cold.
Shux.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Good to hear. I was afraid the buffets were gone forever.
Coronavirus has done a number on buffet restaurants in other places, too. According to Las Vegas Advisor Dot Com . . .

Currently only two buffets are operating in Las Vegas. Here are the details.

Cosmopolitan - Wicked Spoon: Thurs-Sun, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., $39. Line Pass - $20; Bottomless Beverages: Bottomless Mimosa, Champagne, Bloody Marys, or Budlight Draft packages - $19 with a 2-hour limit.

South Point
- Garden Buffet: Breakfast, Mon-Fri, 7 a.m.-10 a.m., $12.95/$9.95; Lunch, Mon-Fri, 11 a.m.-3 p.m., $14.95/$11.95; Prime Rib Dinner, Sun-Thurs, 4 p.m.-9 p.m., $22.95/$18.95, Seafood Night, 4 p.m.-9 p.m., $32.95/$28.95, Prime Rib Champagne Brunch, Sat & Sun, 8 a.m.-3 p.m., $21.95/$17.95

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Not just the full blown buffet style restaurants, but the fantastic salad bars we had in some of our restaurants. They were a great meal for me in many cases, some were so EXCELLENT! I miss the salad bar at the Snook Inn here in Marco!

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
I miss the salad bar at the Snook Inn here in Marco!
Sweet Tomatoes, an augmented salad bar restaurant with 2 nice Orlando-Kissimmee locations that The Chief Of Staff & I enjoyed, is closed & shut down & out of business because of coronavirus -- the whole chain, not just the Orlando-Kissimmee locations.

So it goes.