• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Combining SVR SO reservation with RCI

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I need two 2 bedroom units in Orlando for 9 nights 12/3-12/12. I have plenty of RCI points and can book 2X 2 bedroom units in SVR fountains 12/5-12/12. Would the resort combine the reservations if I book a SO reservation for a 2X 2 bedrooms at SVR for 12/3-12/5, in order to stay in the same room?

my other alternative is buying SVR getaway weeks and combining those with the SO reservations. It’s probably cheaper when you factor in RCI Exchange fees.

Last edited:

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
I don't see why not, it also saves the cleaning cost for the resort too. Probably give the resort a call to confirm.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
I don't see why not, it also saves the cleaning cost for the resort too. Probably give the resort a call to confirm.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
I’ve been able to do it with SO and Interval, but this would be my first RCI booking at a vistana property. So just wondering. Now I just need to make sure I’m booking the right unit in fountains with SO’s so they can be combined I guess

KyleReilly

Reaction score
I’ve been able to do it with SO and Interval, but this would be my first RCI booking at a vistana property. So just wondering. Now I just need to make sure I’m booking the right unit in fountains with SO’s so they can be combined I guess
How do you use RCI? I thought Vistana is only partnered with Interval International? How could you book into other resorts with RCI using Star Option deposits?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
How do you use RCI? I thought Vistana is only partnered with Interval International? How could you book into other resorts with RCI using Star Option deposits?
Sheraton vistana resort is set up in both, as is Sheraton desert oasis I believe

I’m not using SO deposits, I’m using RCI points to book the unit then bookending 2 nights using SO. I’m hoping the resort will keep me in the same room by combining the reservation.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I need two 2 bedroom units in Orlando for 9 nights 12/3-12/12. I have plenty of RCI points and can book 2X 2 bedroom units in SVR fountains 12/5-12/12. Would the resort combine the reservations if I book a SO reservation for a 2X 2 bedrooms at SVR for 12/3-12/5, in order to stay in the same room?

my other alternative is buying SVR getaway weeks and combining those with the SO reservations. It’s probably cheaper when you factor in RCI Exchange fees.

Shouldn't be an issue. Email Kayla Lee (Kayla.Lee@vacationclub.com) a couple weeks out and make the request to be able to stay in the same unit. I don't know if they will actually combine the reservation, but they should be able to keep you in the same room. You may or may not need to rekey when one stay ends and the other one starts.

Sheraton vistana resort is set up in both, as is Sheraton desert oasis I believe
I think Sheraton Broadway Plantation also trades in RCI, as does Vistana Beach Club.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Shouldn't be an issue. Email Kayla Lee (Kayla.Lee@vacationclub.com) a couple weeks out and make the request to be able to stay in the same unit. I don't know if they will actually combine the reservation, but they should be able to keep you in the same room. You may or may not need to rekey when one stay ends and the other one starts.

I think Sheraton Broadway Plantation also trades in RCI, as does Vistana Beach Club.
Thank you! Rekey isn’t bad, I def want to stay in the same room though. I’ll email Kayla when the time comes. Thanks again

pharmacistking

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV - Bella
SDO
The Grandview Las Vegas
MVC Grand Chateau

Who is Kayla Lee. I have a similar situation on an upcoming trip and having trouble getting help from Vistana Owners Service and the resort concierge.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Who is Kayla Lee. I have a similar situation on an upcoming trip and having trouble getting help from Vistana Owners Service and the resort concierge.
Kayla Lee was the room assignment coordinator. However, it doesn't seem like that is the case anymore and someone else has taken over.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Usually a couple weeks prior to checkin. I have also been able to make requests while standing at the checkin desk.