• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Combining or splitting contracts ?

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba, Harborside Atlantis & Westin Lagunamar
The rumor mill has got me thinking and wondering:

Have any of you have looked into combining multiple contracts into one bigger contract (not talking about accounts)? Say two Bonnet Creek point contracts or two CWA contracts?

Likewise have any of you looking into splitting a large contract into two smaller ones?

Any insight would be great, especially on the combining side with identical (other than # of points) contracts.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
The rumor mill has got me thinking and wondering:

Have any of you have looked into combining multiple contracts into one bigger contract (not talking about accounts)? Say two Bonnet Creek point contracts or two CWA contracts?

Likewise have any of you looking into splitting a large contract into two smaller ones?

Any insight would be great, especially on the combining side with identical (other than # of points) contracts.

You might be able to split a CWA contract (although I've never read/heard of it), but UDI contracts like Bonnet Creek are actually deeded ownership of specific amount of points. There is no way to split or combine a deed.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is no reason why you couldnt combine two deeds. In fact I recently sold two contracts and they were listed on the same deed. The thing is that they remained in Wyndhams records as two contracts.

Wyndham could retire one of the contracts but they dont do it

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
There is no reason why you couldnt combine two deeds. In fact I recently sold two contracts and they were listed on the same deed. The thing is that they remained in Wyndhams records as two contracts.

Wyndham could retire one of the contracts but they dont do it

OK, I guess I should edit my post since the deed just basically describes the transfer of ownership; you could list 10 contracts with all of the various ownership details if you want. Wyndham collected two $299 transfers fees though, right?

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Deed info is very helpful.
My key question is related to Wyndham treatment though. I bought a bunch resale this year and thinking about what if scenarios. Prefer not to create multiple Platinum accounts.

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
Deed info is very helpful.
My key question is related to Wyndham treatment though. I bought a bunch resale this year and thinking about what if scenarios. Prefer not to create multiple Platinum accounts.

I haven't heard of Wyndham combining deeds or separating deeds unless it also involves a retail purchase. Then they usually take the existing deeds and issue new ones based on the replies I've seen from others. But I have no personal experience here.

How are you expecting to reach VIP with resale contracts. There are a few tricks that some people have been able to do that usually involve a retail purchase along with paying for PIC or paying to convert a weekly deed to points that have worked in the past, but many of those loopholes have been closed. We've also seen a couple ebay sales that claim they can transfer the VIP ownership. But typically, and as stated in the member directory, only retail purchases directly from Wyndham count toward VIP levels. Buying several resale contracts adding up to over a million points typically won't get you VIP.

You can have several contracts under one membership number. I have 5 contracts at 3 different resorts under one membership. At 10 months out you can combine points from multiple contracts for a reservation. For ARP at 13 months you can only combine the points from contracts that are deeded at that resort.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks, I'm over 10 contracts and just planning for the what if scenario as I prefer not to lose Platinum on some if forced to put in separate memberships at some point. My first purchases were pretty small so don't want them to crowd out a big one and not really looking to sell.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If ALL your ownership is RETAIL ... and you need all the points to keep Platinum AND you have more than 10 deeds ... you have to deal with Wyndham.

I have to really look at my stuff also .. to get under 10 contracts .. but most of my stuff is re-sale. I did dump some stuff last year ... will have to review again to make sure I have 10 or under contracts.

IF ANYONE, get Wyndham combine deeds FREE, please PM me and who, what & where.

Else I might have to post a give away deal on some contracts.

I believe Wyndham could be PUSHED to combine smaller deeds .... Ovations does not need a bunch of low/small units at old resorts deeds back (ie ... mud season 1bdr or ST converted fixed week).

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
The OTHER alternative is to UN-CONVERT the PRIME FIXED WEEKS and USE the underlying deed. NO Guest Certificate, no CWP fees, no RTs or HKs .... and the market for PRIME deeded fixed weeks becomes MORE active.

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The OTHER alternative is to UN-CONVERT the PRIME FIXED WEEKS and USE the underlying deed. NO Guest Certificate, no CWP fees, no RTs or HKs .... and the market for PRIME deeded fixed weeks becomes MORE active.
I like that for my week 52s. Thanks.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
If ALL your ownership is RETAIL ... and you need all the points to keep Platinum AND you have more than 10 deeds ... you have to deal with Wyndham.

I have to really look at my stuff also .. to get under 10 contracts .. but most of my stuff is re-sale. I did dump some stuff last year ... will have to review again to make sure I have 10 or under contracts.

IF ANYONE, get Wyndham combine deeds FREE, please PM me and who, what & where.

Else I might have to post a give away deal on some contracts.

I believe Wyndham could be PUSHED to combine smaller deeds .... Ovations does not need a bunch of low/small units at old resorts deeds back (ie ... mud season 1bdr or ST converted fixed week).

Before you start selling or modifying you better check with Wyndham on this 10 contract minimum. I went to another update ( free 7 day Vacation With nothing free about it) at WBC this week and nobody knew anything about a 10 contract limit.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Before you start selling or modifying you better check with Wyndham on this 10 contract minimum. I went to another update ( free 7 day Vacation With nothing free about it) at WBC this week and nobody knew anything about a 10 contract limit.

I don't think there is a 10 contract limit. But it's hard to prove a negative

Wait a week and we will know for sure

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Agree completely. Just overplanning.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Agree completely. Just overplanning.
I found myself falling ito the same black hole, trying to come up with one contingincy plan after another depending on what someone said here on TUG

Im taking the next week off, and as I learn how the new rules are going to be implemented, Ill adjust

md8287

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I found myself falling ito the same black hole, trying to come up with one contingincy plan after another depending on what someone said here on TUG

Im taking the next week off, and as I learn how the new rules are going to be implemented, Ill adjust
Very wise man. Your guidance is always appreciated. There is no one size (strategy) fits all but the fundamental basis is the same for everyone.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm even starting to wonder about the 10 contract max. Even though they made me do it. I was hoping that some coming off of the suspensions could give more insight on the issue. I've PM 2 people and told them the whole story. We will just have to wait and see. Totally agree with Ron for now until we here more.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Maybe the new guy in town canned the idea. My deal was before the top dog was hired from Hilton

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
I'm even starting to wonder about the 10 contract max. Even though they made me do it. I was hoping that some coming off of the suspensions could give more insight on the issue. I've PM 2 people and told them the whole story. We will just have to wait and see. Totally agree with Ron for now until we here more.

They MADE you do it? I don't recall you saying that before or I missed the post. Anybody else out there fall into this category? Ron?

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I have said before. The parties have reached an agreement satisfactory to us both

I don't think that there is a contract limit but for confirmation you will have to ask someone with a large account whether they kept all their contracts in the same account

The question isn't whether there's a limit , the question is have they taken action to limit VIP benefits to contracts purchased directly from wyndham

A limit of ten would be a compromise position if VIP benefits extend to the contracts that were purchased resale

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
As I have said before. The parties have reached an agreement satisfactory to us both

I don't think that there is a contract limit but for confirmation you will have to ask someone with a large account whether they kept all their contracts in the same account

The question isn't whether there's a limit , the question is have they taken action to limit VIP benefits to contracts purchased directly from wyndham

A limit of ten would be a compromise position if VIP benefits extend to the contracts that were purchased resale

I wasn't asking specifically about your situation, but because of that situation you have spent a lot of time with Wyndham. I thought you could confirm the 10 contract limit one way or another. I do not think the Voyager roll out will answer the question. I think the answer will come on these forums one day when a bunch of large quantity contract owners give us the word they are being limited in their accounts.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wasn't asking specifically about your situation, but because of that situation you have spent a lot of time with Wyndham. I thought you could confirm the 10 contract limit one way or another. I do not think the Voyager roll out will answer the question. I think the answer will come on these forums one day when a bunch of large quantity contract owners give us the word they are being limited in their accounts.

You are probably right

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score

One poster indicated in one of the threads that he ended up with one account number that when he went into it it then let him click on the other other member numbers.