• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Combining more than 3 RHC membership?

JillChang

Reaction score
I seem to have read somewhere tht RHC does not allow combining more than 3 membership. Can anyone confirm this? Or has anyone combined more than 3? I bought two and I am looking at another two and wonder if it is doable.

Blondie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Blue, Raintree Resorts; Sudwala Lodge, SA; Hollywood Sands, Hollywood , Fla
I just combined two and Mary H indicated that she was not going to be able to combine hers (five I think) It is hard to know since every time you call they give you different info. Jill, Mary gave me the name of her agent- which I gave to you- and he did my work for me. I suspect he is telling her what he will tell you. The fees are much more for separate contracts, as you know, so if you cannot combine them are they still of worth to you? I guess knowing that ahead of time will help you decide. Good luck

JillChang

Reaction score
thanks, it helps, as I bought one 20k and one 15k, but there are two 5k that I can have and only pay resort transfer fee, but I am not sure they are worth the trouble to combine them. I will email your agent once I close on those two purchases.

Last edited:

RonaldCol

Reaction score
RHC, like all the businesses affected by the intenet, is making the rules as they continue to operate.

Prior to the benefits to end-users like us that the internet is providing us, exchange companies and resort companies did not have to deal with issues such as combining multiple ownerships or exchanging for maximum benefits.

In our current day and age, we find we can pick up as many timeshares as we want at prices that are a fraction of what developers will sell them. Because of the low acquisition cost we can do heretofore unconsidered things to them, like combine them, rent them, swap them, etc. The options were not available readily prior to the internet age. Now they are.

This problem about combining multiple RCH ownerships has created a whole new set of management problems for RHC. These things were never predicted and this is why we are getting conflicting answers to our questions when we ask RHC basic questions.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry have missed this before.

I bought 2 more 15K contracts in Oct from Holiday Group on the no closing fee basis of one in process and unsure if I need to pay multiple resort transfer fee or just 1 but would have been okay paying one transfer fee for each contract. I was assured by the RCH agent that I was able to combine / unify my contracts so bit the bullet and done it to go past my target of 60k to 90K.

It turned out it is transfer fee for each contract (be careful of this since the $350 makes it not very cost effective) but the reunification was held up since a previous transfer of my 2nd contract from Aug/Sept got lost and was not finished despite many assurances it was in progress. They finally found the missing document a couple of days later in the beginning of Dec after I almost blew a gasket but the unification could not go ahead until the transfer is complete. When that is started end of Dec/early Jan, I was hoping that it would complete by end of Jan but was informed end of Jan by the rep I was dealing with that the management had put unification of more than 3 contacts on hold since Nov / Dec and has now passed a rule not to reunify more than than unless you buy 5K points from them. Since it has been agreed to before but held up, he tried to contact management regarding my case but apparently no response at all. Thus I was forced to combine 3 contracts and hope I can repeat the process when that is done or I will be selling some contracts..

danmac156

TUG Member
Reaction score
MaryH said:
Sorry have missed this before.

I bought 2 more 15K contracts in Oct from Holiday Group on the no closing fee basis of one in process and unsure if I need to pay multiple resort transfer fee or just 1 but would have been okay paying one transfer fee for each contract. I was assured by the RCH agent that I was able to combine / unify my contracts so bit the bullet and done it to go past my target of 60k to 90K.

It turned out it is transfer fee for each contract (be careful of this since the $350 makes it not very cost effective) but the reunification was held up since a previous transfer of my 2nd contract from Aug/Sept got lost and was not finished despite many assurances it was in progress. They finally found the missing document a couple of days later in the beginning of Dec after I almost blew a gasket but the unification could not go ahead until the transfer is complete. When that is started end of Dec/early Jan, I was hoping that it would complete by end of Jan but was informed end of Jan by the rep I was dealing with that the management had put unification of more than 3 contacts on hold since Nov / Dec and has now passed a rule not to reunify more than than unless you buy 5K points from them. Since it has been agreed to before but held up, he tried to contact management regarding my case but apparently no response at all. Thus I was forced to combine 3 contracts and hope I can repeat the process when that is done or I will be selling some contracts..

I unified two contracts last year. Does this new rule mean I can only add one more contract?

Or perhaps it means they will only unify three at a time??

FYI A friend of mine just bought 15K points for $205 on Ebay. Total costs including resort transfer fee, closing agent [$250] , SA, MF for $1,300 This included 30K points for this year and is good until 2027.

A reality check that the smaller contracts are worth very little especially with the hastle involved with unification. I checked one large timeshare seller today and counted over 200 RH contracts for sale. Most of them are at unreasonable prices and are not selling.

MaryH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think 15K is minimal per contract... But 30K+ would be better and easier..

Reaction score
Greshams Law

Mr Gresham, I believe managed the bank of England at one time.

His law states that BAD money drives out the GOOD money.

Now, as mentioned in previous posts here, RHC has not cottoned onto the fact that the Internet has changed the playing field - an adept and swift company should surely be able to realize that the internet which has now been widely available for over 10 years is a tool they should use - but they still don´t..... anyway, back to Gresham.

The reason that there are so many "bargains" in ebay etc with RHC is simply that as a "currency" it no longer has value. . . or has very little value . . and as I have been a member of RHC for 10 years now I have seen this currency debased (as also mentioned in other sections, so many points for so little value . . . RHC just keeps putting up the # of points required to stay at their resorts . . until it has actually become cheaper now, in many cases, to use the internet and book directly instead of using the RHC "services".

As the years go on you may find that a week at a simple RHC hotel will cost 100.000 points . ...at which point the whole RHC currency will collapse. (unless of course they change the system - which is necessary !)

What RHC has understood is that they are able to make more money by disallowing contract unifications, by sucking in more dues each year, which actually follows on from their "developer" philosophy from the 70s which really hasn´t changed though the world has moved on considerably.

Yes, isn´t the internet marvellous ?

Happy holidaying to all! :)