• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Colts release Manning

hefleycatz

TUG Member
Reaction score
OMG. just heard the Indianapolis Colts released Manning. :( Kinda knew it was coming, but wish it wasn't so.

lee

tompalm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a big fan and always will be. But, it is the best thing for him to go. His injury is something that could become permanent disability if he keeps playing. I hope that he retires and doesn't play for another team. One of the most professional team players that ever played in the NFL. He deserves great things in life and not living the rest of his life in pain or with a serious injury.

MILOIOWA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am a big fan and always will be. But, it is the best thing for him to go. His injury is something that could become permanent disability if he keeps playing. I hope that he retires and doesn't play for another team. One of the most professional team players that ever played in the NFL. He deserves great things in life and not living the rest of his life in pain or with a serious injury.

^^^ AGREED! He has nothing to prove. Although lil brother has raised the competative bar so-to-speak, so he may not be able to resist continuing to play. I wish him well whatever he decides.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry Manning isn't retiring and it has nothing to do with money.

Players like Manning have a competitive spirit/drive that will not allow them to be done until they say they're done. Has nothing to do with proving anything either. He still wants to play football, because, *gasp* he loves the game of football.

J. Namath, J. Montana, J. Rice, E. Smith, the list goes on and on. They continue to play because they love the game.

Manning will likely end up in Miami (w/Reggie Wayne likely to follow him) where he will likely finish out his career.

jlr10

TUG Member
Reaction score
DH has been a Colt fan since the Unitas days. He followed them even after the team left Baltimore in the middle of the night to move to Indianapoiis. With Manning he finally had a real good run of enjoying his favorite team. Our best away game was going to Indy to see Peyton play Eli in the season opener in 2010. Coming from San Diego, where fans are fans mostly only when the teams are winning, it was fun to see the entire Indy downtown in full Colt frenzy. The day was made even better by a solid Colt win. It will probably be several more years before he gets to cheer like we did with Peyton.

But Peyton is a good player, and based on his PR, a pretty solid man. We will continue to root for Peyton where ever he goes, except of course if he plays the Colts. That will be hard call!

Last edited:

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
The best thing about the Peyton Manning/Indy Colts situation?

Showing the Packers Mgmt & Brett Favre how to part ways respectively and without a bunch of games and whining about it.

I wish Peyton and the football club only the best in the future.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Having been a huge Joe Montana fan going back to his college days, I can feel your pain. However, it is probably best for everyone. The Colts need to rebuild and Andrew Luck has been the Peyton Manning of college football the past two years. It has been amazing to watch him run the Stanford offense. Hopefully, his talent transfers well to the pro game and he can stay healthy.

Hopefully, Peyton can come back strong and play several more high quality years. He is better off going to a team that isn't that far from the playoffs and perhaps going deep into the playoffs. He doesn't want to be on a team that is rebuilding.

It will be fun to see where he ends up and how things turn out. I remember Montana went to KC and took them to the playoffs, playing well for several more years.

Football is now a year round sport. The NFL has done a great job of keeping the game very visible for it's fans.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna chuckle if Luck becomes the next Leaf. :)

I actually like RG3 a lot better as a player and if I were the Colts, that would be who I'd draft.

We'll know in 5 years if I was right or wrong. I'll come back and bump this thread. :D

The good news is...odds are good that Manning ends up on my team next year! :D *crosses fingers*

MILOIOWA

TUG Member
Reaction score
As much as I am pulling for Tebow to be successful, I am first and foremost a Broncos fan. I would LOVE to see Manning, Wayne, and Clark go to my Broncos as a package. Now that would be something special. Add in a solid DB and you have a GREAT team.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
And as a long time Dolphins fan, I can't stand the Broncos/Elways, so I'd rather Manning end up in AZ than DEN.

I still think the favs are AZ/MIA. Mannings agent is just trying to drive the price up using DEN.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm gonna chuckle if Luck becomes the next Leaf. :)

I actually like RG3 a lot better as a player and if I were the Colts, that would be who I'd draft.

We'll know in 5 years if I was right or wrong. I'll come back and bump this thread. :D

The good news is...odds are good that Manning ends up on my team next year! :D *crosses fingers*

I wish that RG3 goes to a west coast team and not the Redskins.
Also, I predict P. Manning will have a good playing year this year.

theo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My $0.02 worth...

I still think the favs are AZ/MIA.

I'd have to believe that Miami is almost a sure bet --- which is just fine with me, as I'd love to see more Tom Brady / Peyton Manning "matchups" if Manning ends up in the N.E. Patriots' division and is healthy enough to compete. I'm much less sure that's what Peyton Manning actually wants to see, however...;)

Last edited:

geekette

Reaction score
So far as I know, Colts have not released Reggie Wayne. Hoping we get to keep SOMEONE!

But up for grabs are Dallas Clark, Joseph Addai, Curtis Painter for your O, Melvin Bullitt and Gary Brackett for D. Rough day in Indy on Friday!

Sigh. Back to rebuilding ... the ENTIRE team. I liked Bill Polian, he navigated us smartly thru the Manning vs Leaf, Ricky Williams vs Edg James picks. I only hope that Irsay has done well in his new high level picks.

I hope that if Peyton plays again, that he does well. I would otherwise like to see him hang it up and go out as the marquis player we knew. It's difficult for a competitor like him to know when to quit, so I will just trust that he knows he can come back and do the same things he did before.

I will miss our departed Colts, but, that's football. At least we got to throw an awesome SB for Eli to beat the Pats. Maybe by the time the SB comes back to Indy we'll have a team to challenge for playing in it.

MILOIOWA

TUG Member
Reaction score
I agree Miami is probably he destination. Just wishful thinking as a Denver fan. Would actually like to see him in Seattle. No reason other than they are kind of an afterthought. They have to be the least "known" supported team in the NFL and could use some star-power.

hypnotiq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wayne is a FA and its a foregone conclusion that they have no intention to sign him (at least what I was reading last month I believe).