• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Colorado in summer

ljlong15

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I have always wanted to go to Colorado. Our family are not skiers. So that's why I am looking for maybe early Aug to go. My kids age 9, 17 and 21 will be with us. Yes dragging the 21 year old. He is a poor college student so welcomes a free trip plus one less week he has to work this summer. Anyhow we been going to timeshare resorts since they were little. They love nice resorts, ping pong, pool the game, nice pools etc. They are into sports....shocker. so maybe catch a baseball game but honestly they are not baseball fans. Dad is. They like football, lax, soccer and basketball. So I am asking where should I go with this group? Sorry about the long message, I just wanted you to get an dea of what we like. Oh my husband and I like breweries. Plus i wouldnt mind going for a sps day and letting the men hang. Thanks for any suggestiins. Plus if you can tell me not onky the area but maybe a good resort. Thank you all.

Luanne

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui Lea at Maui Hill
San Diego Country Estates

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think there are a couple of places that could fit the bill, but I'm not sure what your ownership is and since I own Hyatt which trades in Interval, I'll recommend as though you have Interval.

You may enjoy spending a night or two in Denver and driving to either Boulder, or Colorado Springs. Rockies games are a lot of fun. It's probably one of the best of the newish stadiums to catch a baseball game.

There's a lot of great Colorado mountain towns that have timeshares. I'm sure others can and will chime in, but I'll share a bit more about the areas I'm most familiar with:

Breckenridge
Breckenridge always has a lot going on in the summer and checks a lot off your list. Breweries aren't my scene, but they have quite a few, and the downtown area can be fun to walk around. On mountain activities are fun as well. Grand Lodge on Peak 7, Grand Lodge on Peak 8, and Grand Timber Lodge all have great, impressive pool areas with game rooms, and private theater rooms. They also have spas as well. If you do decide to stay in Breckenridge, I would recommend staying in Denver a night or two before heading up to Breckenridge. It has the highest elevation of the touristy mountain towns and it can be brutal for people that don't acclimate. Drink a lot of water before coming up and stay super hydrated while there. I wouldn't drink until you are certain you are acclimated to the elevation.

Vail / Beaver Creek / Avon (Vail Valley)
Vail is always hopping in the summer. There are a lot of fun on mountain activities and they regularly have music / dance performances in early August. They have two different base "Villages" with lots of stores, restaurants and things going on. I can't think of any breweries off the top of my head, but I'm certain there would at least be one or two. Breckenridge is probably only 45 minutes away. Marriott has the streamside resorts in Vail (which honestly don't look like much), and Sheraton has two options in Vail, there are a couple of independents.

Our family skews younger and our favorite is Beaver Creek because of the fun family activities they have during the week (small rodeo, movie nights, etc). There are two Hyatt options that are fantastic, but probably difficult to get as an exchange. It could be worth putting in a request though. I have seen early summer or late summer pop up as getaways in interval.

None of those options has the aquatic areas of the Grand resorts in Breckenridge.

Steamboat is another ski town and could be a good option, but I have only been there a couple of times for short visits. Sheraton Steamboat Resort Villas looks like it's pretty nice. Worldmark / Wyndham have an option as well. The hot springs in town is a lot of fun, and I've heard good things about Strawberry hot springs.

Estes Park is right by the entrance to Rocky Mountain National Park. People LOVE Estes Park. I get the appeal from the few short stays when I've visited, but I have a hard time getting cheap lodging (other than camping) in the area so I go in the off season.

There are lots of other good options, but I'll start with those....let me know if you've got other questions.

chellej

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We also Enjoy:
Winter Park
Durango
Pagosa Springs

When I first read your post I thought Pagosa Springs...Wyndham has a really large resort there with lots of things for the kids to do onsite as well as hiking , fishings and nearby hot springs. We went when my boys were 15 & 20 and they had a great time...the oldest went back in winter with college buddies the next winter to ski...he really liked the area.

You can access the southern end of RMNP from winter park and they have lots of activities at the ski resort.

Durango is a really fun old west kind of town

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
It will be crowded but how about RMNP/Estes Park? Stay at the YMCA of the Rockies. Look it up on line. Perfect for families and kids who like sports and lots of activities.

August there will be crowds, though, everywhere.

Last edited:

ljlong15

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you all for the great information. Definitely going to check our all your suggestions. Much appreciated for taking the time to respond. Happy travels.

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent the 4th of July in Grand Timber Lodge in Breckenridge a few years back and *loved* it! Had a great time exploring the village, Rocky Mountain National Park, and the alpine slide/recreation area. We'd definitely go back. (In a lot of ways, it reminded me of Bar Harbor, ME....just without the ocean, LOL!)

Gophesjo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
In Breckenridge Gold Point (another of the Breckenridge Grand Vacation properties) is a wonderful option for a timeshare to stay at, as is Lodge at the Blue. Each are served by Summit County's free public transportation buses, and each has much to recommend it. Lodge at the Blue is at the base of the highest peak (Quandry Peak) in the ten mile range about eight or so miles south of town. Gold Point is across the valley from the ski slopes on the side of the mountain above the town with absolutely spectacular views. I own week 36 at Gold Point and have stayed summer season in Lodge at the Blue as well. While ski season is great in Breckenridge, summer season is also magnificent, with much to do.

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
If using RCI we have traded into
Rams Horn Village in Estes Park and also Valdoro mountain lodge. We liked both places but the kids struggled in Brekinridge with altitude sickness.

Of course they did not listen to dad and were running all over the place until the got sick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk