• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Colorado, Bryce? What timeshares are close?

bdurstta

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Big Bear, Hyatt Vacation Club (Hyatt Highlands), Marriott (Grand Chateau)
Trying to find a resort for a wedding present for my niece.

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
We visited Bryce from St. George UT. (We stayed at ore at St. George, but there are others in the area...........) Also close to North rim of Grand Canyon, Zion, and others...............

What a wonderful present!!

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
For Bryce, I second the idea of staying in St. George. Overnight at least one night at the entrance to Bryce Canyon National Park. (Ruby's Inn is a good motel option) to catch the sunrise over the canyon, followed by breakfast at Bryce Lodge. From back in St. George, it's an easy drive one direction to Zion National Park, or the other way to the North Rim of Grand Canyon. Lots of wonderful scenery in this area. Best of all, St. George is only about two hours from Las Vegas. Easy to get flights and rental cars that way. Tell them to wave when they drive past my house. :D

Dave

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We visited Bryce from St. George UT. (We stayed at ore at St. George, but there are others in the area...........)
We did the same, and Bryce is visitable from St George. There was also at least 1 timeshare in Brian Head, which is somewhat closer, and also a beautiful area. Your choice could depend on time of year, because Brian Head could be under snow in cold weather.

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
There was also at least 1 timeshare in Brian Head
Cedar Breaks Lodge; it's the closest timeshare to Bryce. It's near Cedar Breaks National Monument which is a smaller. less developed Bryce. It's pretty high and gets very cold in the fall/spring, but a nice break from the heat in summer. St George adds another hour to the drive but has more choices. It's also the banana belt of Utah and is a better option if you are looking at times when the weather might be marginal.

Closer to Bryce: There are some small cabins in Kodachrome State Park which is about a half hour away. Nothing fancy, but clean and location, location, location. They have a micro and small refrigerator with a picnic table and barbecue outside.
For the sunrise over the rim, you can't beat a cabin in the park.

susieq

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
Lots of wonderful scenery in this area. Best of all, St. George is only about two hours from Las Vegas. Easy to get flights and rental cars that way.

Dave
That's what we did..............flew into Vegas, drove down to the Hoover Dam, (30 min. away), explored a bit, then drove to UT.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Cedar Breaks Lodge; it's the closest timeshare to Bryce. It's near Cedar Breaks National Monument which is a smaller. less developed Bryce. It's pretty high and gets very cold in the fall/spring, but a nice break from the heat in summer. St George adds another hour to the drive but has more choices. It's also the banana belt of Utah and is a better option if you are looking at times when the weather might be marginal.

Closer to Bryce: There are some small cabins in Kodachrome State Park which is about a half hour away. Nothing fancy, but clean and location, location, location. They have a micro and small refrigerator with a picnic table and barbecue outside.
For the sunrise over the rim, you can't beat a cabin in the park.
Our trip to ORE St George, Bryce, Zion & north rim GC was in May. Cedar Breaks natl monument looked beautiful but was almost completely under snow so we could only peer into it from the top; Brian Head had a bit of snow, and the cool air so refreshing - because it was suffocating heat of over 100 degrees in Zion, and St George was almost that. North Rim Grand Canyon was just opening up that week (we'd rented a cabin there for a few nights). It's difficult to see it all in one week, especially with so many climates!

Kodachrome was very beautiful, and that entire Scenic Byway 12 and all the other parks it leads to. I've always wanted to go back and spend more time. Don't know if we'll ever make it at this point; I'd considered Brian Head for that purpose, but great to know about cabins in Kodachrome.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
Trying to find a resort for a wedding present for my niece.
I was able to get a 5/12/2023 week for our nephew at Westin Nanea for a wedding gift. He is so excited to go.

That is a great gift for your niece.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Kodachrome was very beautiful, and that entire Scenic Byway 12 and all the other parks it leads to. I've always wanted to go back and spend more time. Don't know if we'll ever make it at this point; I'd considered Brian Head for that purpose, but great to know about cabins in Kodachrome.

It isn't pertinent to this thread, but we did an extraordinary road trip along Utah's Scenic Byway 12 from Bryce Canyon to Capitol Reef National Park and back at the end of September one year. Scenery was spectacular, Fall colors were everywhere, and the Aspen trees were in their full Fall splendor. Just an amazing trip.

Dave

HikerBiker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Trapp Family Lodge, Hillcrest Inn, The Village Green
It isn't pertinent to this thread, but we did an extraordinary road trip along Utah's Scenic Byway 12 from Bryce Canyon to Capitol Reef National Park and back at the end of September one year. Scenery was spectacular, Fall colors were everywhere, and the Aspen trees were in their full Fall splendor. Just an amazing trip.

Dave
I have your “Utah Highway 12 from Bryce to Torrey bookmarked! We were hoping to go this fall but unfortunately are not going to be able to do it this year. Hopefully, next year. Highly recommend this for anyone going to the area. Lots of wonderful information.

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo
Several years ago we did the Capitol Reef to Bryce Canyon on Hwy 12 in June. While traveling down that long Finger we got stopped for about 45 minutes by a Cattle Drive. They were moving the Herd up to Summer Pasture. Cattle, Dogs, Cowboys on Horses, and Cowboys in Trucks.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
I have your “Utah Highway 12 from Bryce to Torrey bookmarked! We were hoping to go this fall but unfortunately are not going to be able to do it this year. Hopefully, next year. Highly recommend this for anyone going to the area. Lots of wonderful information.

Is that the thread where I posted the whole trip, including stops and such? Would you mind posting the link to it? I've searched for it, and find posts leading up to it, and posts referencing it later on, but not the actual thread I posted in. Thanks!

Dave

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, Hilton The Bay Club, Worldmark

callwill

TUG Member
Reaction score
Our trip to ORE St George, Bryce, Zion & north rim GC was in May. Cedar Breaks natl monument looked beautiful but was almost completely under snow so we could only peer into it from the top; Brian Head had a bit of snow, and the cool air so refreshing - because it was suffocating heat of over 100 degrees in Zion, and St George was almost that. North Rim Grand Canyon was just opening up that week (we'd rented a cabin there for a few nights). It's difficult to see it all in one week, especially with so many climates!

It took me 3 different visits to get there when Cedar Breaks was open! That one happened at the end of august!

vikingsholm

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a nice little mountain style inn (Stone Canyon) and excellent restaurant (Stone Hearth) in Tropic, a short drive along Highway 12 from Bryce.

It is in a beautiful setting and easily accessible to Bryce. Nicer than a lot of the hotels right near Bryce. We have enjoyed the restaurant there a few times.

A good side trip from time shares in St. George or Worldmark in Moab.

PcflEZFlng

TUG Member
Reaction score
Last summer (late July) we stayed overnight in St. George, then drove through Zion and Bryce and along Scenic Byway 12 to overnight in Torrey. We incorporated it as part of our cross-country road trip. Absolutely gorgeous. Zion and Bryce were only moderately crowded, and we pretty much had Scenic Byway 12 all to ourselves.

We then continued from there through Capitol Reef and Goblin Valley State Park along Hwy 24 to meet up with I-70 EB. Hwy 24 was absolutely empty with wide-open sky. Perfect bliss!

HikerBiker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Trapp Family Lodge, Hillcrest Inn, The Village Green
Is that the thread where I posted the whole trip, including stops and such? Would you mind posting the link to it? I've searched for it, and find posts leading up to it, and posts referencing it later on, but not the actual thread I posted in. Thanks!

Dave
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are currently in Sedona on our annual hiking trip. I don’t Think I have in my Favorites, the post you are talking about, and I am having trouble sending a link (don’t understand why, maybe late 70’s and not as tech savvy as I should be!) but if I type “Utah Highway 12 from Bryce to Torrey” in the Tug search it will come up. I notice the date on it is 2008 and there is a lot of information and several other links. If I remember correctly, I think there was quite a detailed post of yours dated for 2013 on much the same area. I don’t have that saved, but could probably find it quite easily, as I said in an earlier post, we had planned to do that trip this fall. It’s enjoyable to read your love of the area.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. We are currently in Sedona on our annual hiking trip. I don’t Think I have in my Favorites, the post you are talking about, and I am having trouble sending a link (don’t understand why, maybe late 70’s and not as tech savvy as I should be!) but if I type “Utah Highway 12 from Bryce to Torrey” in the Tug search it will come up. I notice the date on it is 2008 and there is a lot of information and several other links. If I remember correctly, I think there was quite a detailed post of yours dated for 2013 on much the same area. I don’t have that saved, but could probably find it quite easily, as I said in an earlier post, we had planned to do that trip this fall. It’s enjoyable to read your love of the area.

Thanks. The trip I'm thinking of was in late September of 2009. That 2008 thread was the ramp up for it. The actual weeklong trip in 2009 was two days in St. George so we could see Zion, a night at Bryce Canyon, a night at Torrey to see Capitol Reef National Park, a night in the Lodge at the North Rim of Grand Canyon, then two more nights in St. George. It was amazing, and we did a TON. When we turned in the rental car the guy checked the mileage, and said we'd put something like 1500 miles on the car in that week. I'm sure we did. :D

I see the 2008 thread. I don't know where the big one after that went. I'm hunting for it because now that we live just a half hour away from St. George, we want to do the same trip again. I'll keep digging for it.

Dave