• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

College football 2015

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Someone had to do it.

Some great games already. Started last week for me with Montana over NDSU. Classic game. BYU over Nebraska yesterday was another thriller.

Anyway, I've got Ohio State, Auburn, TCU and a yet to be determined P-12 team in the playoff. Subject to change, of course......

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did not watch any games for the first time in 8 years. Not sure why. I stopped reading espn in the off season as well. I hope it changes.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... I've got Ohio State, Auburn, TCU and a yet to be determined P-12 team in the playoff....

Ohio State's a given, due to their cream-puff schedule
... Their strength of schedule = #42 or #74 (depending on source).
SEC's rep could be be Auburn, 'Bama or Ole Miss. <jus' sayin'>

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
certainly liked what I saw out of the notre dame QB transfer to FSU saturday...he keeps that up he can go back into the heisman race!

my predictions....more overrated SEC teams propped up into the top 10 until they lose (unless they lose to other SEC teams of course).

right now there are only 3, but so many announcers at ESPN seem to be picking texas A&M to run the table and win the SEC...and since they beat a ranked team last week...I expect them to be in the top 10 asap. :lol:

csxjohn

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tropic Shores Resort, Bluegreen points
I think we'll see a change in how games are played this year. Last year taught us that how you win is just as important as who you win against and I expect to see more teams pour it on in attempt to impress the committee.

I have a feeling VT is going to have a rough time of it tonight against Ohio State. If OSU gets beat this year I don't think it will be against one of the lesser ranked teams.

I'd like to bet on the game but a $50 bet pays less than $8 in winnings.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ohio State's a given, due to their cream-puff schedule
... Their strength of schedule = #42 or #74 (depending on source).
SEC's rep could be be Auburn, 'Bama or Ole Miss. <jus' sayin'>

So you think VA Tech is a cream puff team. I think the VA Tech Hokies defeated Ohio State football team last year @ Ohio State. This is football season and let have some fun.

colatown

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
So you think VA Tech is a cream puff team. I think the VA Tech Hokies defeated Ohio State football team last year @ Ohio State. This is football season and let have some fun.
They( the team formerly known as VPI ) also lost to Wake Forest, that would mean cream puff status.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Will there be any reason to play out the season this year??? :)

Who was the last team ranked first from start to finish? Looking for another top 20 season for Missouri.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll say this about last night's game: VT not having a 2nd string QB that was more game-ready than that kid was an embarrassment to their program. Although I think OSU would have still won handily, the Hokies were keeping it interesting until their starting QB broke his collarbone.

I honestly felt cheated as a fan to have to watch the remainder of that game, because it immediately went from semi-intriguing to a total mismatch.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'll say this about last night's game: VT not having a 2nd string QB that was more game-ready than that kid was an embarrassment to their program. Although I think OSU would have still won handily, the Hokies were keeping it interesting until their starting QB broke his collarbone.

I honestly felt cheated as a fan to have to watch the remainder of that game, because it immediately went from semi-intriguing to a total mismatch.

And that is college football. How many other times has the back up come out and led his team to victory and a run after the starter goes down due to injury. You never know.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and it begins.

now 10 SEC teams in the top 25...including every single team from the SEC west.

I think my favorite part of this weekend is how an unranked Texas A&M team beats the #15 ranked Arizona State team....and they wind up putting Texas A&M at 15, and unrank Arizona state.

thus whenever the SEC west teams play each other, they are all ranked teams they are beating/losing to! its a truly brilliant strategy.

sound logic if you ask me!

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Will there be any reason to play out the season this year??? :)

Who was the last team ranked first from start to finish? Looking for another top 20 season for Missouri.

In the coach's poll it was Southern California in 2004 so it depends which poll you're talking about.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
3 QBs down in a Season and Nat'l Champs!

And that is college football. How many other times has the back up come out and led his team to victory and a run after the starter goes down due to injury. You never know.

Like Braxton Miller to JT Barrett to Cardale Jones?

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the coach's poll it was Southern California in 2004 so it depends which poll you're talking about.

I was hoping someone else would know the answer. I was just wondering when I asked. I'll give both you and Brian half credit!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
...[N]ow 10 SEC teams in the Top 25...including every single team from the SEC West....

From Yahoo! Sports:
Bret Bielema, now the coach at Arkansas, [on Tuesday] said: "Ohio State's ranked No. 1 and they have one game remaining on their schedule that has anybody ranked right now — Michigan State. We're going to play eight straight opponents that are ranked."... Arkansas does play eight ranked teams (not straight, but whatever) thanks to the fact that the SEC has a record 10 teams ranked in this week’s AP poll...

Last edited:

1950bing

Reaction score
I was there when the H O K I E qb went down. It was one of those moments that you just knew he is not going to get past that hit
By the way, surgery went perfect !

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You all can say what you want but OSU blew through the best of the best with their third string QB, that should say something about their character.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
You all can say what you want but OSU blew through the best of the best with their third string QB, that should say something about their character.

Huh??????? :shrug:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Huh??????? :shrug:

You don't remember last year how near the end of the season their second string QB went down, a team member committed suicide and with all that they won the Big Ten Title then went on to beat Alabama and Oregon to win the championship?

Maybe those three teams weren't the best out there but they all earned their way to play in those games against OSU.

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
You don't remember last year how near the end of the season their second string QB went down, a team member committed suicide and with all that they won the Big Ten Title then went on to beat Alabama and Oregon to win the championship?

Maybe those three teams weren't the best out there but they all earned their way to play in those games against OSU.

Yeah, I remember. I'm just not sure what your comment had to do with anything being discussed.

This thread is intended to be about the current season. If you want to start a thread where you revel in the glory of OSU's championship, go ahead. But I'm pretty sure we already had one of those last season.

Have anything to contribute WRT the current college football season? Predictions, observations, comments on rankings, SOS, etc??????

Last edited:

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
John - one more incident like that, and your posting privileges on this thread will be revoked... :)

Last edited:

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hey, anyone remember that 1971 classic between Nebraska and Oklahoma? What a game! :rolleyes:

csxjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yeah, I remember. I'm just not sure what your comment had to do with anything being discussed.

This thread is intended to be about the current season. If you want to start a thread where you revel in the glory of OSU's championship, go ahead. But I'm pretty sure we already had one of those last season.

Have anything to contribute WRT the current college football season? Predictions, observations, comments on rankings, SOS, etc??????

My comment was in response to the post below so that's how my post relates to what is being discussed here. Some teams have good back ups, VT does not.

ace2000

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rough week for the SEC. Arkansas getting beat by Toledo, and OK won againt Tenn. Auburn and Missouri nearly got beat by two weaker teams.