• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coconut Plantation Update - as of my Christmas week - Dec 2022 stay.

PerryKing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HYATT: Beaver Creek, Breckenridge, Bonita Springs, and 2X Dorado Puerto Rico.
-##-
MEXICO: Crown Paradise, Royal Holiday Club, Vidanta Mayan Palace, and Vidanta "Kingdom of the Sun-Nuevo Vallarta at Vidanta World.
Overall, a great stay -despite the hurricane damage- and recovery efforts.

I just spent Christmas week at Coconut Plantation. All was fine, except for the elevators that were not working, the club house was untouched inside by the storm. The river pool pumping system was wiped out. But most of other pools and the main hot tub were all up and working, Restaurant working. Could hardly tell by the condition of the grounds that the hurricane had hit just a few months earlier. And that's all thanks to, Ray, the Resort Manger and his determination to get back up and running as fast as possible, same with the all the staff, contractors, and Insurance company's hard work to get as much of property up and running as soon as they can.

They are keeping the occupancy low, by not opening up the top floors in buildings where the elevators are not working, however, if your assigned to floor two or three they will carry your bags up the stairs to your unit if you want help.

I personally hardly experienced any insolvencies, and had a very pleasant, quite 2022 Christmas week there. ... and the NEW Barbeque Grills were great!

P.S.
The undeveloped land behind the resort has been sold, no more HRC buildings will be built, and a new low-rise hotel will be built on that land past the lake. There will be two new Ocean Front luxury towers, named Ritz Carlton Residences, and connected together by about a 8 story or so building between the two, built next to the Hyatt Coconut Point Hotel on the old WEEKS FISH CAMP PROPERTY. Already 80% sold out, with penthouse condos selling for $13 million dollars plus. Developed by London Properties, who now also control the golf course (Raptor Bay). The name will be changed. And they are already reconstructing the golf course into a 18-hole championship type course, and a 9-hole walking course.

Last edited:

GTLINZ

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We just finished up a 4 night weekend here and the property is in really good shape. We were here in Nov and the lower pools were closed, and although they had cleaned up you could see a lot of plants were not completely healthy. The property itself is looking great again.

The lazy river was still closed as reported, and a fence was up to stop access to what used to be the tiki bar and the bathroom building (so you had to walk up to the main building). The 4 water shoots on the big lagoon pool were working, but no other waterfalls were working except the one that is part of the hot tub. Verandas was open from 11 to 7 (6 still posted on the update page).

Another great stay - great property and great folks working here.

dahntahn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC Saratoga Springs, Hyatt Beach House, Hyatt Coconut Plantation
We just finished up a 4 night weekend here and the property is in really good shape. We were here in Nov and the lower pools were closed, and although they had cleaned up you could see a lot of plants were not completely healthy. The property itself is looking great again.

The lazy river was still closed as reported, and a fence was up to stop access to what used to be the tiki bar and the bathroom building (so you had to walk up to the main building). The 4 water shoots on the big lagoon pool were working, but no other waterfalls were working except the one that is part of the hot tub. Verandas was open from 11 to 7 (6 still posted on the update page).

Another great stay - great property and great folks working here.
Did you have a functioning elevator? Which building were you in? We have reservation from 2/11 to 2.25 [our HRPP], and have issues climbing stairs.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Did you have a functioning elevator? Which building were you in? We have reservation from 2/11 to 2.25 [our HRPP], and have issues climbing stairs.

We were in building 3 and the elevator worked. We were in building 4 during our Nov stay and the elevator worked.

I would suggest you call them and let them know that you really need a building with a functioning elevator. It seemed to me that there were not a lot of folks in bldgs 1 and 2. I remember that in Nov a lot of workers were being housed in those buildings.

It did not seem to me that buildings 3 and 4 were that full either. Before we went, I got an email detailing all the things that were not going to be available and gave me the option to bail. So I think they are keeping occupancy lower than normal.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
Just got an email from Hyatt about all the things closed at the resort. Our reservation is for the end of March. From the email excerpts below, do you think its possible to request a building that has an elevator?

While every effort has been made to isolate storm-related restoration efforts on villa building floors, you will likely experience construction noise and the presence of contractors around the resort during your stay.    Elevator service is only available in two buildings, subject to intermittent outages due to ongoing repairs. Elevator service is currently unavailable in the other two buildings due to damage caused by Hurricane Ian.

• If you would like to change, or cancel, your upcoming reservation, please contact us.
  • Please note that if you wish to cancel, we will waive cancellation and rebooking fees for Owners and guests with reservations in February and March.

cgards

Reaction score
Just got back from a long weekend at Coconut. This was our first visit so we weren't sure what to expect after the hurricane. Have to say we were blown away by the great condition of the resort given all the damage that we know occurred. While the lazy river wasn't available we really enjoyed hanging by the pool (yes it was cold, but not as cold as it is in New England where we live). I'd be very proud of the resort if I was an owner. The staff obviously take great pride in the property. We will definitely return.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just got an email from Hyatt about all the things closed at the resort. Our reservation is for the end of March. From the email excerpts below, do you think its possible to request a building that has an elevator?

You can always make a request. But I also think they will help you with your luggage if needed. They really do work hard there to meet your needs. But I think if you request building 3 or 4 you will get it.

I also think they will likely have the elevators resolved by March. I have been told by a friend in construction that elevators parts are completely unique to the manufacturer and somebody posted in another thread that they are looking at all options. This really is causing them problems.

You can always also call the resort directly and make a request. I have the impression over the years it is best to call the week before you go. So you could just keep an eye on the situation until you get closer.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
You can always make a request. But I also think they will help you with your luggage if needed. They really do work hard there to meet your needs. But I think if you request building 3 or 4 you will get it.

I also think they will likely have the elevators resolved by March. I have been told by a friend in construction that elevators parts are completely unique to the manufacturer and somebody posted in another thread that they are looking at all options. This really is causing them problems.

You can always also call the resort directly and make a request. I have the impression over the years it is best to call the week before you go. So you could just keep an eye on the situation until you get closer.
@GTLINZ , thanks, good to know that they will help with luggage... I will call a week before check in to get a building with the elevator working

Brindle

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from a stay in Building 3. As noted above the resort is in great shape and we had a wonderful stay. Though we ended up in building 3, which has an elevator, I had called and was told that if we were in building 1 or 2, they would take care of our luggage.

GTLINZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
We just returned from a stay in Building 3. As noted above the resort is in great shape and we had a wonderful stay. Though we ended up in building 3, which has an elevator, I had called and was told that if we were in building 1 or 2, they would take care of our luggage.

Thanks for the confirmation - I THOUGHT I had heard that. It is not a normal thing since they are not a full service hotel - but with their elevators out ....