• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Coconut Palms II (611 S. Atlantic - New Smyrna)

borntotravel

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
During my recent trip to Daytona Beach, I took a look at the rooms at this resort to see if I would stay here in the future. Although New Smyrna Beach is quite a ways from Daytona Beach, I would definately stay here if I just wanted to come to the beach to relax in a nice atmosphere (which I probably will do within the next year). Loved both the 1 BR's as well as the efficiencies. They were very clean, nicely and brightly decorated, comfortable furnishings, and of a good size. Two outdoor pools (one heated). The outside of the building as well as the grounds were very appealing to look at. I just wish this resort was in Daytona Beach!

khdem

Reaction score
Coconut palms II

I was at this resort in June...I thought the one and two bedrooms to be spacious and clean...the resort staff was friendly and helpful and there were daily activities.

It was a resort that I would love to visit again. I liked the "small" town atmosphere of New Smyna Beach...

Kay

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
When did you visit?

I have this area earmarked as a potential future purchase. What might sway you from making a purchase here? What was the beach like? Was the resort full from your perspective? Too crowded? Any info is appreciated. DawnB

borntotravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have this area earmarked as a potential future purchase. What might sway you from making a purchase here? What was the beach like? Was the resort full from your perspective? Too crowded? Any info is appreciated. DawnB

I was there last week - not sure about capacity but there were only approximately 10 people in the pool (around lunchtime), and of course, school is back in session. Mind you, I didn't stay there, just popped in for a quick look to see if I would add it to my list of future possible exchanges.

For me, I wouldn't purchase any resort on the ocean in Florida for fear that damage from hurricanes would increase maintenance fees or cause special assessments - or as I found with some in Daytona Beach, they just let go hell with either cosmetic or shoddy repairs. Of course, this is just my opinion - I don't mean to offend anyone who may own at a resort there. With that being said, I would definately have not problem trading into here. It is a small resort, but very well maintained from what I saw. It is in a residential area directly on the beach and there is driving on the beach - a few cars were there and not many people. Keep in mind, the ocean surf was really rough because of Ike - but as I said, it's in a pretty much residential area - so very different from Daytona Beach. Actually, this would be an ideal place to go if you wanted to basically relax by the pool and beach and maybe run to Daytona Beach once in a while.

There are two buildings - the one I'm speaking off and a two story smaller building next store. I think the front desk clerk told me that those were all older, but larger two bedroom units (not lockoffs) - I did not go see these.

The rooms were very bright and cheery and very inviting with lots of natural light. Each unit had a balcony. The pictures on line were representative of what the units I saw look like.

There is no restaurant on site, but there are plenty a short drive away. Grocery stores and other amenities are a short drive also.

Sorry I don't have more details. I hope this helps.