• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Co-owner inheriting Platinum @ Tahoe, CA - looking for expert advice on options

JohnWC

Reaction score
My aunt signed me on as co-owner for her Wyndham ownership in Lake Tahoe, which at the time was Platinum for 1m points (but I guess that changed to 1.1 now).
I've thought little to nothing about it since that time but now I am compelled to start to figure this thing out.
Seems that any search for "timeshare [expert/advice/help/etc]" only brings results for how to get out of a timeshare, which isn't my goal.
Really want to find someone to talk to about my situation and options; Can anyone make a recommendation for an unbiased resource?
I'm in the Seattle area.
Of course I can go talk to the Wyndham folks but see that as a conflict of interest in providing unbiased information.
Closest I've found to what I'm looking for is the Licensed Timeshare Resale Brokers Association, as they work on a commission basis with no upfront fees, but again not necessarily looking to sell the ownership.

mamasnow

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Canyon Villas at Desert Ridge
You found it. This is the site for unbiased real owners, renters, and real people, not corporate entities. Join TUG and you will get help. You can still explore quite a bit without joining, but heck, what is $15 for a little peace of mind

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
TUG is one of the best resources you will find. You can post any questions you have here and get them answered by people who actually own and use timeshares. As a guest, you can post and read the forums. For a $15 annual fee, you can become a full member and have access to timeshare reviews, cheap rentals or sales and you can also list your own timeshares for rent or to sell. IMHO, you can’t get a better value for your $15.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I’ll also point out that South Shore in Tahoe is one of the most desirable Wyndham resorts to own, due to the lower fees. Your fees on a million points will be almost a 33% less than someone that owns at Bonnet Creek.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
My aunt signed me on as co-owner for her Wyndham ownership in Lake Tahoe, which at the time was Platinum for 1m points (but I guess that changed to 1.1 now).

Actually, under the new VIP program you would be grandfathered (or, I guess, grand-aunted in this case) as Platinum since you're a current owner with a current VIP status. That is, assuming that the entire 1M points are at Wyndham South Shore; if any are PIC points, there could be complications. Also, as pointed out by @scootr5, South Shore is one of the better resorts in the system for MFs. Never let them try to talk you into upgrading it to anything else if you ever get stuck in a discussion with Wyndham Sales. This one is a keeper.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
My aunt signed me on as co-owner for her Wyndham ownership in Lake Tahoe, which at the time was Platinum for 1m points (but I guess that changed to 1.1 now).......
...Can anyone make a recommendation for an unbiased resource?
welcome to TUG
1) Platinum Wyndham with a low MF per point ( thank @scootr5 - for that detail) is a very very good ownership.
2) other Wyndham owners will give you a wealth of information on details of Platinium ownership and usage.

Enjoy vacationing

Last edited: