• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Clubpoints to RCI Points

atlanticwatergate

TUG Member
Reaction score
I recently tranferred my unused Clubpoints for 2008 to RCI points. I do not see them in my RCI points account although they are gone from my HGVC account. Does this transfer take some time ??

Thx

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Your personal RCI points account is separate from your HGVC account. When you deposit HGVC points to RCI, those points can only be used to make an RCI reservation through HGVC.

Kurt

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
They will be available in RCI in either weeks or points, but they will NEVER show up in your personal RCI accounts.

It is like having a credit owed to you, but because of the nature of the HGVC account with RCI (it is a Group account that HGVC has, no member gets an individual account) you have your HGVC points available for use in RCI at a fixed exchange rate, when you want to book something with those points you "pay" in HGVC currency the points required for your exchange, Plus you pay in cash the exchange fees.

atlanticwatergate

TUG Member
Reaction score
How do I know how many points I have at any given time? How do I search with RCI/HGVC points etc. Can I use my personal RCI points account to search and then use my HCVC/RCI points for the trip?

Thx

Bill4728

Reaction score
You can't search RCI with your HGVC/RCI points. That is the problem!!

The only person who can search RCI is the HGVC operators. So if you want to see what is available, you have to call and do it all over the phone with a HGVC operator.

You should be able to use your personal RCI points account and everything you see there, should be able to be reserved by using your HGVC/RCI points.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Just remember that points required by HGVC to book RCI are fixed by season and size of unit. They do not vary by resort, where as points required by RCI points vary by resort. That makes some deals, especially for the really high point cost, better using HGVC points and some exchanges better using RCI points. Look at the point value. You can see page 169 of your HGVC Members guide for the point values.

For instance I used my HGVC for a Manhattan Club Studio, only 2400 HGVC points, but 72,000 RCI Points. I also used 4800 HGVC points for the 1 BR Residences at the Crane in Barbados 86,500. But I did not use 7000 HGVC for the 2BR at The Landings at Seven Coves, instead I used my RCI points and paid 36,000.

So pick and choose your currency. Either RCI points or HGVC points.

Higher point values are better to use HGVC with and lower point values are better using your RCI points available. Just keep track of how many HGVC points you have, as you can't see them anywhere, you have to call HGVC to find out how many you have left.

Last edited: