• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Plus VS Wyndham Club Access

Traveler007

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a resale package of points. I found a point catalog online that is titled "Club Wyndham Plus Member's Directory 2014-2015". If I buy a Wyndham Club Access points, would this catalog should accurate point costs or do they change with different programs. Mainly, I'm trying to calculate the what I can get for the points and how many points I would need. Thanks.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
The points don’t change with the different programs, they are set when the resort is added and don’t change (in total) after that. They do vary by location, unit size, and season - but not program.

The main differences involve advanced reservation priority (10-13 months out), when each program only has access to their specific inventory. Inside 10 months, pts are generally pts.

Last edited:

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Once a point chart is established when the resort is brought into the system that won't change. Although say they didn't have any presidential or presidential reserve unit and added some. Those units would get added with whatever they determine the point values should be. But nothing would change for any of the already established unit types.

No matter what type of points you own we all see and use the same point charts.

If you have a contract for CWA, Club Wyndham Access, points you only have ARP. Advance Reservation Priority, at the 13 month window at the resorts in CWA and only the inventory in CWA. Not all resorts are in CWA and not all the inventory at the resorts that are in CWA is in CWA either. If you own deeded points at a specific resort those are CWS, Club Wyndham Select, points. You have ARP at that resort. Both types of points can book any resort at 10 months and either type of inventory.

If you aren't going to need a three or four bedroom unit for a high demand week, say Christmas week at Bonnet Creek, then there is no advantage at owning either there or CWA points. Both of which have much higher maintenance fees. Depending on what your needs are I usually recommend owning at a resort with much lower maintenance fees. Maintenance fees are something you will pay as long as you own and determine the cost of every single stay.

Our combined maintenance fees for the three resorts we own at are $5.02 per thousand which includes the program fee. CWA is approximately $6.35 and Bonnet Creek is $6.45 based on owning a total of at least 231k points. If you don't own at least 231,000 points you are paying the minimum program fee of $131 instead of .56 per thousand points. Some low maintenance fee resorts to own at are Grand Desert 1, 2, or 3, Panama City Beach, National Harbor, Waikiki Beach Walk, Bali Hai, Canterbury, Ocean Boulevard Tower 3 only, Kingsgate, and there are others too that I'm not remembering at the moment. All of them have maintenance fees of probably no more than $5.25 per thousand points and some less which would include the program fee and is based on owning at least 231,000 points. Sedona and Smoky Mountains, 2 is better than 1, and both are little higher than the other resorts I mentioned but still not too high.

Last edited:

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
Yes, Worldmark maintenance fees do tend to be 20-30% less than Club Wyndham

But Worldmark is not part of the Club Wyndham program. They - and Shell Vacation Club - are completely separate systems. So you cannot compare Worldmark credits to Club Wyndham points on a 1:1 basis. Only developer purchases can be used between the three separate systems (Club Wyndham, Shell Vacation Club, and Worldmark The Club), and then an internal exchange rate of 16.5 Wyndham points to 1 WM credit is applied.

The credit values required to book a WM resort do not change over time. This is the general rule for all points systems.

And just for clarity - programs within the Club Wyndham system are Club Wyndham Select, Club Wyndham Access, Club Wyndham Presidential Reserve, and Margaritaville Club. Wyndham is also the developer for Shell Vacation Club and Worldmark The Club, but those are separate systems.

Last edited:

drews13

Reaction score
Hi All, Thanks for the useful information! I have a general question about the differences between Wyndham Access and Wyndham Select. My understanding is that while Wyndham Access deals with state real property laws by having all deeded interests held by a trust organization, in turn giving Access Members points to be used anywhere throughout the system, Wyndham Select involves a specific deeded interval interest at a specific resort. Is this correct?

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Hi All, Thanks for the useful information! I have a general question about the differences between Wyndham Access and Wyndham Select. My understanding is that while Wyndham Access deals with state real property laws by having all deeded interests held by a trust organization, in turn giving Access Members points to be used anywhere throughout the system, Wyndham Select involves a specific deeded interval interest at a specific resort. Is this correct?

Yes Wyndham Club Select points are by deed at a specific resort and they can be used at any resort. They could have been purchased as a a specific week and converted to points or just points at a resort. Not all resorts have inventory in Club Access. and not all the inventory at those that are is in Club Access. Prior to 10 months Club Access points can be used to book the inventory in Club Access and Club Wyndham Select points can be used to book where you own or depending on how it is deeded you may also have Advance Reservation Priority at an additional resort.

At 10 months and after points are points and if that is when a person is making the bulk of their reservations having lower maintenance fees can become very important if they have a lot of points. In our case we have 1,806,000 points and our combined maintenance fees for 2019 will be $9,421.52 so $5.22 per thousand with the program fee included. If those points were CWA points we would owe $11,901.54, $6.59 per thousand points, so $2,480.02 more or worse yet if we owned at Bonnet Creek they would be $12,208.56, $6.76 per thousand points, so $2,787.04 more. To put it in perspective that means a 224,000 point reservation would cost us $1,168.54, a CWA owner $1,476.16 so $307.62 more and an owner at Bonnet Creek $1514.24 or $345.70 more. Some people want to have a certain number of points in CWA or at a resort like Bonnet Creek because they are absolutely sure they will be going to a resort like Bonnet Creek every year at a high demand time and need a larger unit than just 2 bedrooms which makes having the Advance Reservation Priority there important to them.

Many people don't really start looking at all the other resorts they could stay at the first couple of years they own and go back to the same place or places. We stayed at the same 4 or 5 resorts every year for a number of years but my goal for the past 7 years has been to go to at least one resort we haven't previously been to every year. Now that my husband finally retired earlier this year that number will increase! If you had told either one of us in the first couple of years we owned that we would end up with as many points as we have or go to as many places as we have we wouldn't have believed you for a second. With timeshares you learn to think big!