• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Plus VIP & resale CWA points

MSMS

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Wanting to acquire more points toward a higher CWA VIP status however VIP program clearly states that "Plus points associated with ownership must be purchased directly through Wyndham or acquired by "Immediate Relative" of member... Purchases of ownership interests made from private individuals or resale companies will not count toward total points for VIP eligibility."
Is there a way around this?
If a resale is acquired by an immediate relative, can it subsequently be incorporated into CWA VIP status by yet another transfer thereby bypassing the resale exception?
Would it be better to acquire deeded weeks rather than CWA points to accomplish the same?
It does seem that Wyndham attempts to get you to buy additional points to accomplish any transfer. To avoid the heat can a private transfer company be used...does anyone have experience or thoughts on this?

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Wanting to acquire more points toward a higher CWA VIP status however VIP program clearly states that "Plus points associated with ownership must be purchased directly through Wyndham or acquired by "Immediate Relative" of member... Purchases of ownership interests made from private individuals or resale companies will not count toward total points for VIP eligibility."
Is there a way around this?
If a resale is acquired by an immediate relative, can it subsequently be incorporated into CWA VIP status by yet another transfer thereby bypassing the resale exception?
Would it be better to acquire deeded weeks rather than CWA points to accomplish the same?
It does seem that Wyndham attempts to get you to buy additional points to accomplish any transfer. To avoid the heat can a private transfer company be used...does anyone have experience or thoughts on this?

Do you have two PIC properties already? If not, this would be the easiest and least expensive way to up your VIP status by using PIC Plus.

Unfortunately I already have the maximum of two PIC Plus contracts allowed for 508k annual points, along with 210k CWA points for VIPG and two years of VIPP that expire in Sept 2020. I am researching the least expensive way to keep VIPP currently.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MSMS

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Do you have two PIC properties already? If not, this would be the easiest and least expensive way to up your VIP status by using PIC Plus.

Unfortunately I already have the maximum of two PIC Plus contracts allowed for 508k annual points, along with 210k CWA points for VIPG and two years of VIPP that expire in Sept 2020. I am researching the least expensive way to keep VIPP currently.

I have no PIC properties. VIPP would be sweet!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
I have no PIC properties. VIPP would be sweet!

What do you own currently?

Manzana

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
National Harbor
CWA

Please keep me in loop when you figure out cheapest way to keep VIP platinum. I am in same boat as you

55plus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marry a Wyndham VIP Platinum member.

MSMS

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Are you speaking from experience?
Just a little hiccup...I'm already married. The Wyndham ownership is however in my name only.