• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

club wyndham plus article - update?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Resorts is owned by the stock holders of Wyndham Worldwide, Inc. (NYSE:WYN).

It is now Wyndham Destinations and is owned by the stockholders of Travel+Leisure.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unless you are a stockholder, you should not consider yourself a Wyndham owner after you acquire Wyndham points. You can, however, refer to yourself as an owner of Wyndham points.

This isnt exactly true. Resorts are owned by owners associations, in which members are stakeholders, be it UDI, converted fixed week, or trust. Corporate may own intervals or points shares in those associations, but it does not solely own resorts. The associations pay a management fee to T+L for management of the resorts, assns, and clubs.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Everything about exchanges/RCI needs to be updated.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Unless you are a stockholder, you should not consider yourself a Wyndham owner after you acquire Wyndham points. You can, however, refer to yourself as an owner of Wyndham points.

This isnt exactly true. Resorts are owned by owners associations, in which members are stakeholders, be it UDI, converted fixed week, or trust. Corporate may own intervals or points shares in those associations, but it does not solely own resorts. The associations pay a management fee to T+L for management of the resorts, assns, and clubs.
i just removed that line altogether, im not sure its anything if not more confusing to most regular owners.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
along that same topic, time to rename this particular forum? Club Wyndham Timeshares? Wyndham Destinations?

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wyndham Destinations until they change it again LOL

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
thankfully in this version of the forum software its super easy to change the name and it not destroy any and all links already pointing to it!

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Wyndham Destinations until they change it again LOL

Wyndham Destinations was the name of the company - and is now the name of the subsidiary company under the Travel & Leisure umbrella that houses all timeshare brands. Wyndham Destinations includes ALL of the T&L timeshare entities - such as Worldmark, Shell, Club Wyndham, etc. I'm not sure it makes sense to use the umbrella entity name for the actual Club Wyndham timeshare portion as a result. If we were to take this approach - and follow the logic of the naming conventions used under the Timeshare Resort Systems section - then we would need to make WorldMark the Club and SVC subsections of Wyndham Destinations - which I think is overkill. The name of the actual timeshare resort system is Club Wyndham Plus to be accurate, or Club Wyndham for short. Perhaps we could modify them as follows if you want to include the company name in the naming convention:

Wyndham Destinations - Club Wyndham Plus
Wyndham Destinations - Worldmark the Club
Wyndham Destinations - Shell Vacation Club (which doesn't currently exist to be clear)

I'm a stickler for naming conventions having worked in IT for 25 years. :cool:

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im actually fine with club wyndham plus if it makes things less confusing and ultimately clear for folks browsing where they can go for help with that particular system vs say worldmark! (again its super easy to rename forums now and doesnt break any links etc)

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
A thought, just "Wyndham" or "Wyndham Destinations" would allow the subforum to be applicable to stand-alone Wyndham managed resorts in addition to the clubs.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
some of the items in here are still from 2010, any major (or even minor) updates/suggestions to this article I can make?

thanks!

Are you asking about just the introductory page or the whole 10 part series?

The 10 part series was clearly a labor of love and quite knowledgeable for its time, but so much has changed in Club Wyndham over the last more than decade, that there is as much misinformation as information in the 10 part series.

Plus, most TUG readers would just want to know what time of day it is; the 10 part series is about how to build a Club Wyndham watch. Simpler might be better.

I have made a couple of attempts to update the 10 part series over the past couple of years, but it is a daunting task.

The 10 part series was valuable, but it has served its time.

I suggest it be put to a poll to see if the 10 part series remains as is for what is still relevant, or if it has served its purpose and should be deleted, maybe for a more concise Club Wynham summary (one page) and a link to the current Club Wyndham directory that explains all the details.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
along that same topic, time to rename this particular forum? Club Wyndham Timeshares? Wyndham Destinations?
Most resale ads for Club Wyndham reference "Club Wyndham Points" or just "Wyndham Points". No ads that I have seen even mention Wyndham Destinations or Travel+Leisure. "Club Wyndham Timeshares" or the current "Club Wyndham Plus" would be distinctive enough from WorldMark or Shell. Definitely not Wyndham Destinations something or other --precise as it may be, it would just be confusing.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
Are you asking about just the introductory page or the whole 10 part series?

The 10 part series was clearly a labor of love and quite knowledgeable for its time, but so much has changed in Club Wyndham over the last more than decade, that there is as much misinformation as information in the 10 part series.

Plus, most TUG readers would just want to know what time of day it is; the 10 part series is about how to build a Club Wyndham watch. Simpler might be better.

I have made a couple of attempts to update the 10 part series over the past couple of years, but it is a daunting task.

The 10 part series was valuable, but it has served its time.

I suggest it be put to a poll to see if the 10 part series remains as is for what is still relevant, or if it has served its purpose and should be deleted, maybe for a more concise Club Wynham summary (one page) and a link to the current Club Wyndham directory that explains all the details.
in this case I was simply updating that particular page with some other information, and just upon reading it myself it read as if it could use a few updates to 2022 numbers/facts etc. I dont expect someone to re-write the entire thing, but anything thats blatantly obvious is outdated or needs a more modern message is a welcome suggestion!

im always happy to update any information on the TUG site to make it more accurate or modern, its a very daunting task that never ends!

I usually make an effort to grant free membership extensions etc to those who do wish to tackle the task of updating articles! Those who volunteer to make the community a better place should be rewarded and ensure they stick around to continue to do so!

Last edited:

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
in this case I was simply updating that particular page with some other information, and just upon reading it myself it read as if it could use a few updates to 2022 numbers/facts etc. I dont expect someone to re-write the entire thing, but anything thats blatantly obvious is outdated or needs a more modern message is a welcome suggestion!

im always happy to update any information on the TUG site to make it more accurate or modern, its a very daunting task that never ends!

I usually make an effort to grant free membership extensions etc to those who do wish to tackle the task of updating articles! Those who volunteer to make the community a better place should be rewarded and ensure they stick around to continue to do so!

I'm happy to take a stab at updating some of these articles if it would help. With my current workload and personal items it would be iterative over the next several weeks - but I'm happy to do so. Just point me to the articles in question subject to review and lemme know how to perform the edits or submit the edits for your review and approval (not sure of the process here). Many thanks! :cool:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
there is absolutely no rush for any of this!

ill send you a PM.

in most cases just for anyone else who wishes to help or has suggestions, simply start a conversation with me that has the article name in the title (or an email is fine also to tugadmin@tug2.net) and i can update the article in real time going with your changes especially if you are like me and read things numerous times to make changes etc etc.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)

Bringing this topic back to the fore as I'm re-considering the current forum naming convention and structure, and whether we should actually break out some of the Wyndham Destinations timeshare entities into separate subforums, looking for feedback as follows:

Top level Forum: Wyndham Destinations Timeshares
Subforum: Worldmark The Club (currently it's own forum - but is a wholly owned subsidiary of Wyndham and has been for quite a while now)
Subforum: Club Wyndham Select / Club Wyndham Access / Margaritaville Vacation Club / Presidential Reserve (this is the current forum base today however the name doesn't break out the four ownership types within Wyndham)
Subforum: Shell Vacation Club

I don't think breaking out the four Club Wyndham ownership types into their own dedicated forums makes sense - that's going too far I think - but I'm open to other opinions here on how best to proceed. The top level Wyndham Destinations forum would become a catch-all for topics that span across the timeshare entities - such as the consolidation of the websites using a common hosting framework, or bigger picture issues of any nature. The Worldmark forum would become a subforum of the Wyndham forum. I'd assume this is simply a "move" but if this is overly complicated from a restructuring standpoint - we can reconsider this of course.

The current "Club Wyndham Plus" forum would become a subforum of the new Wyndham Destinations top-level forum - after that top-level forum is created and then renamed per the above moniker.

I'm on the fence as to whether Shell Vacation Club should be broken out as a new subforum but am bringing it up as an option here for opinions.

Last edited:

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
I like the suggested structure. My concern would be that people might post in the top-level WD forum topics that would actually belong in the Select/Access/MVC/PR forum. More work for you in moving topics until people get used to it.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
id agree there, it seems like it would take a pretty significant effort to determine which threads went were for EXISTING threads/posts....and folks would end up just posting in the main forum anyway.

also I do not believe that xenforo actually displays the subforums on the main/top level on mobile devices...vs desktops or tablets with a large enough screen?

thats been a big issue in the past with subforums like the ones in the "other" section.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think if it were me, I'd keep what we have. There isn't that much that is relevant to both Club Wyndham and WorldMark owners (who don't also own in the other system). ClubPass doesn't seem to be all that interesting, and it is probably more relevant for people going in the "same direction" than people going the "other way". The fact that WM is "owned" by Wyndham doesn't really matter except that the web sites are based on similar underlying front-ends. I don't think Shell is big enough to justify its own forum, and those who convert would have a home in CW.

To put it another way: what problem are you trying to sovle? What posts have been in the wrong place or which ones need to be in more than one? [That's an honest question; I have no idea how much reshuffling is going on.]

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
id agree there, it seems like it would take a pretty significant effort to determine which threads went were for EXISTING threads/posts....and folks would end up just posting in the main forum anyway.

also I do not believe that xenforo actually displays the subforums on the main/top level on mobile devices...vs desktops or tablets with a large enough screen?

thats been a big issue in the past with subforums like the ones in the "other" section.
Here’s a screenshot of the forum lists from my mobile chrome browser:

073EEE46-1EF4-418E-9972-6802F3871AEA.png

So per above I don’t see the subforums underneath the Other Timeshare Systems, I have to click into that section first to then see the subsections.

Since we would be keeping the vast majority of the posts in the existing Club Wyndham Plus section - I’m hoping we could basically just create the top-level Wyndham Destinations forum anew - then move the current CWP forum underneath the new top-level forum without having to move any posts. Then we would create a new subforum for Shell Vacation Club - and I’d gradually move the threads only for SVC - which is a much smaller number of posts - into that new subforum.

I’m making assumptions here about how the forum move processes work so this may or may not be a viable path forward depending on level of effort.

My drop back and punt plan is to simply rename the existing CWP forum name to Club Wyndham Access / Club Wyndham Select / Margaritaville Vacation Club / Shell Vacation Club.

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Worldmark forum would become a subforum of the Wyndham forum.
The very idea of this would be met with pitchforks and torches and the angry Club WorldMark mob shouting, "Wyndham does not own WorldMark!"

So, no, WorldMark is different enough (and better?) from Wyndham/Club Wyndham that it would deserves its own Destinations forum status, just like Club Wyndham would.

I think having them as separate "Timeshare Resorts Systems" (as it is now) is better than trying to synthetically "unite" them under a "Wyndham Destinations" umbrella, which would serve what purpose?

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
ClubPass doesn't seem to be all that interesting,
Less than 3% of reservations in either Club Wyndham or WorldMark are Club Pass reservations. 95% of the posts are some version of, "When can we book Club Pass reservations online?"