• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Margaritaville Atlanta Announcement - Opening 2022

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
I sure the SEC championship game will be a sell out weekend
Without a doubt. I’ll have a reminder to make my reservation exactly 13 months out!

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
I still do not understand the idea of an urban Margaritaville. Margaritaville should be only beach/tropical resorts. Otherwise, it is ridiculous. Build a regular resort in Atlanta, if you must build something there.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I'm not sure that Jimmy Buffett agrees. He's the one licensing them; there are a fair number going into cities, including NYC. More people there = more customers. It's only ridiculous if no-one goes there and it sits empty.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm not sure that Jimmy Buffett agrees. He's the one licensing them; there are a fair number going into cities, including NYC. More people there = more customers. It's only ridiculous if no-one goes there and it sits empty.
Before covid, the one in Nashville seemed to be doing pretty well. I love having the option downtown within walking distance of bars, restaurants and major attractions. The hybrid timeshare/hotel doesn’t bother me. Bonnet Creek has the hotel property alongside the timeshare and that seems to work well, also.

Lisa P

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Points
We really enjoy themed resorts. For us, the fun feeling of "getting away" from usual routines and responsibilities is enhanced. If the resort offers enough amenities to keep me onsite for a full day of relaxation in the middle of a sightseeing vacation, then I don't particularly care whether the themed resort has a theme that matches its location. It still makes the stay into a nicer "escape" getaway.

We LOVE the themed resorts on Disney & Universal properties, as well as the Gaylord, Great Wolf Lodge, & Wilderness hotels. Certainly, it's important for them to be located in areas where there is plenty else to see & do. Having a fun theme at the resort itself makes the choice of that lodging far more appealing to us than other options - whether we want a romantic getaway or have grandkids along with us. With family living in Atlanta, we probably won't stay at this location but I definitely like the idea of expanding options for themed resorts. :)

Last edited:

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I prefer 4 star themed resorts too, I just don't really see the appeal of having a new resort in Atlanta when we don't even have one in Chicago. I've lived in the Southern United state most of my life and see zero appeal of visiting Atlanta as my destination. Literally the only time I have actually been there was when I was driving through it to get the the Smoky Mountains. There just isn't anything unique there that I can't see anywhere else. If they want to build in cities that people vacation to, why isn't Chicago on the very top of the list? It's the 3rd most populated city in the country.

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Perhaps the fact that Atlanta is the 4th most popular US city for tourists has something to do with it. Jimmy Buffett is a pretty good businessman, and it seems to run in the family, so I’ll trust him to know what he’s doing.

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I prefer 4 star themed resorts too, I just don't really see the appeal of having a new resort in Atlanta when we don't even have one in Chicago. I've lived in the Southern United state most of my life and see zero appeal of visiting Atlanta as my destination. Literally the only time I have actually been there was when I was driving through it to get the the Smoky Mountains. There just isn't anything unique there that I can't see anywhere else. If they want to build in cities that people vacation to, why isn't Chicago on the very top of the list? It's the 3rd most populated city in the country.

i have been to Atlanta and Chicago many times each. I greatly prefer visiting Atlanta personally. Chicago is one of my least favorite cities to visit.

I do agree that Chicago should have a Wyndham too as it did for many years and hopefully they will work on replacing the location they lost.

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Literally the only time I have actually been there was when I was driving through it to get the the Smoky Mountains.
Literally the only time I have actually been to Chicago was driving through it to get to Wisconsin. From that perspective, it sure seemed like a bust to me, but I also recognize that maybe half an hour at highway speeds isn't enough basis for me to make a judgment.

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you mean Fairfield Harbor in New Bern, NC?
I wouldn't use the word nice to describe that resort. I stayed in a three bedroom at New Bern a while ago on a leisurely trip up the coast from Florida. The location is great but the accommodation was sub par. The furniture was in a sad state and the floors were uneven, so uneven that you could trip. I could go on but it is enough to say I won't be back.