• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Indio Resort Questions

woj027

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Bali Hai Villas, Wyndham Kona Hawaiian Resort, Wyndham Midtown 45
Hey all,

Has anyone been to the Indio resort lately? We will be down in Indio for Spring Break (last week of March) - 2 weeks from now.
We will have 2 two bedrooms with 4 kids under 12 over 7 who will want pool and lazy river time, so looking for good proximity to the pool/lazy river.
But, us adults would like a great view of the area and would like to in one of the remodeled rooms.

Anyone have recommendations for best building/rooms with views of the area?

Just looking for some suggestions to help make the crew happy

Thanks in advance.

rongina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Canterbury and Wyndham Park City
Good morning, we live in San Diego so have been to Wyndham Indio quite often, most recently in January. As you may know, this resort is shared with Worldmark and of the 13 buildings Wyndham Owners are usually assigned to buildings 6, 7, or 8. The closest Wyndham building located to the Lazy River and nearby pool is Building 6. This building has 3 floors with an elevator. Two bedroom units closest to the Lazy River and pool would be rooms with the numbers 08, and 10. In Building 6 those room numbers would be 6210 on the Second floor room 6110 on ground floor and 6310 on the Third floor. Other 2 bedroom units are 04 and 02 on each floor, so there are 12 Two bedroom units in this building. This building has been recently upgraded and very nice!

The Resort is currently undergoing some remodeling of rooms so not all rooms are available and occasionally the Resort will put Club Wyndham reservations in Worldmark buildings. The closest Worldmark buildings to the Lazy River and pool are buildings 2 and 3, so if at checkin if they need to put you in a Worldmark building I’d suggest try requesting one of those 2 buildings.

Over the years we have stayed in all 3 Club Wyndham buildings including Building 8, which is the “farthest” away from the Lazy River and enjoyed that location too as there is another pool and kids pool just outside.

The Worldmark - Wyndham Resort is beautifully landscaped and has a
meandering decorative water feature that has provided a nice home for ducks and turtles. So most rooms have a patio or balcony. Any Building is only a 3-4 minute walk from the pools. The resort also has outdoor grills and a small grocery beverage store (Lazy River Market) so that’s a convenient place to pick up a few things and your kids will like to browse there for snacks, drinks and toys.

I will try and post a map of the resort later from my iPhone, as that may help you plan. We’ve always been very happy staying there!

rongina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Canterbury and Wyndham Park City
Wyndham Indio. Club Wyndham Owners are usually placed in Building 6, 7 or 8.

8CB65E72-7368-49F6-8D22-76B25C1F3EB0.jpeg

randyz

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at Indio multiple times. I want to congratulate rongina on a brilliant and concise reply to the question. Everything is covered accurately and in much more detail then I could provide. As reported don't worry about the "view" virtually every room looks out on the pools/gradens/water features, especially the Wyndham buildings. You park on the backside of every building. The rear bedroom window and walkway look over the Indio Hills and golf course. Nice view given there is no development between the Wyndham buildings and the Indio Hills. (at least pre Covid when we were last there). I am attaching a pic of the view.

Attachments

• 2013-11-11 1 Wyndham Indio Small.JPG
    2013-11-11 1 Wyndham Indio Small.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 11