• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club wyndham help asap!

Jonishere55

Reaction score
Hello I am looking to purchase a timeshare from the resellers market. My question is, is it worth it to get my home resort at the club I need for advanced reservation priority?

Restrictions
I can only get days off for vacation during holidays due to work restrictions. I am only looking at wyndham club properties for flexibility.

For instance I have 2 options.
My family and I like going to disney. Should I get a timeshare at the disney resort at bonnet creek so I can get advanced reservation priority or could I get a timeshare at a property with lower maintenance fees?

I guess what I am asking is at the 10 month mark during major holidays are most timeshares booked (1to2bed) on wyndham properties, or is there pretty good avaliability? Or should I try to get my home resort a resort I anticipate staying often?

Thanks

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
If you need stays at the holidays and want to stay at Bonnet Creek then you should probably buy something at Bonnet Creek. It seems like you can use the 1 and 2 bedroom units and they are certainly easier to come by than the larger units.

We frequently stay at Star Island too and our 5 year old granddaughter likes the new playground there. The pool is nice too. When I can't find something at Bonnet Creek we are happy to stay there. There is frequently more availability at Star Island and it is less points to book. You wouldn't need to own there to have the 13 month Advance Reservation Priority. It is always good to have a back up plan.

upload_2017-4-18_8-0-54.png

Joe33426

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
If you need stays at the holidays and want to stay at Bonnet Creek then you should probably buy something at Bonnet Creek. It seems like you can use the 1 and 2 bedroom units and they are certainly easier to come by than the larger units.

OP - I think this is really good advice. If staying at Bonnet Creek is a MUST and no other resort will do, especially if you can only travel during high-demand times or if you need 2 or 3 bedroom units.

Although high, the MFs at Bonnet Creek aren't that outrageous. The MFs for Bonnet Creek at 5.63 and CWA is 5.60, so it's only sightly above average.

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you have a young family, look at buying a small Disney Vacation Club points ownership. I own a 90 point AKV contract ... go every other year or 2 to DVC plus can book Bonnet Creek & Star Island via my Wyndham ownership to add days onto the trip.

whitewater

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach (1Br, 2Br)
Pueblo Bonito Sunset Beach - Monte Cristo Estates
I'd rent via ebay, redweek, or other place. Plenty of inventory at BC during holidays. Prices are around the same as owning without the commitment of owning.

If owning is a must - I'd go with CWA - Never had an issue with holiday bookings at BC plus you get other choices and resorts with APR.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
I would probably do CWA in your case. The reason is your situation. You can only go during prime times. You could get a low MF contract and take your chances with availability . This year there is still plenty of holiday availability at BC. But an improvement in the economy will change that in future years. Owning at BC is great but limits your ARP to that resort, where with CWA you can get the ARP at other Wyndham resorts that are close to Disney if BC is NOT available. As to the low MF angle let us look at the numbers. A week stay at BC during prime time is 224,000 points will cost you about $1384 in maintenance and program fees. If you owned a Bali Hai contract that 224,000 points would cost you only $1012 in fees. A substantial savings, but the question is is it worth the gamble to wait til the 10 month mark to book BC? This year it is, but in future years who knows. Only YOU can decide what is best for your family. And one other thing, that Bali Hai or other low MF contract will cost you more upfront on the resale market than a CWA or BC contract.