• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Wyndham Bentley Brook

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
My wife & I have a reservation for a long weekend at Bentley Brook in mid-Oct (after Columbus Day). We are more walkers & saunterers/browsers than hikers. Do people know if small shops & restaurants are open in the area? We have not really travelled or gone out in months. While we would like to go and do something (we've cancelled 3 trips since the plague started), we don't want to go if we will just be sitting in the room or on a balcony instead of in our house and backyard.

hjsweet2002

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bentley Brook is a very isolated area. The nearest city Pittsfield which is about 20-30 minutes away. Nice browsing in Bennington VT and Stockbridge Ma. Norman Rockwell museum is nearby as well as Sturbridge Village. They may require reservations.

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bentley Brook is a very isolated area. The nearest city Pittsfield which is about 20-30 minutes away. Nice browsing in Bennington VT and Stockbridge Ma. Norman Rockwell museum is nearby as well as Sturbridge Village. They may require reservations.
You may be referring to "Shaker Village" which is a little west of Pittsfield, on Route 20. It is open, as I drove by it 2 days ago. Sturbridge Village is actually quite a bit east of Hancock, closer to Boston. The Rockwell Museum is a great 1/2 day trip. A snapshot of America that is increasingly hard to find. North of Pittsfield is MassMoca, which is a sprawling arts museum housed in a group of former industrial buildings. Exhibits change.

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
Just learned that Bentley Brook has a 24 hour cancellation policy through the end of October instead of the usual 15 day policay.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
My wife & I have a reservation for a long weekend at Bentley Brook in mid-Oct (after Columbus Day). We are more walkers & saunterers/browsers than hikers. Do people know if small shops & restaurants are open in the area? We have not really travelled or gone out in months. While we would like to go and do something (we've cancelled 3 trips since the plague started), we don't want to go if we will just be sitting in the room or on a balcony instead of in our house and backyard.
I'm stuck here in Nebraska, but am from the area. So can't say what the leaves look like right now, but I'm thinking it should be a great time to see the changing colors. My sister and Mom have gone a few times this summer (and sisters/nephews are always going there skiing). We all love Bentley Brook.

I would call Bentley Brook, the staff there is amazing and they can let you know activities in the area and likely know what is open and what's not. Seems like early on in this covid mess they had an outbreak close by and everything was shut down. But that was March-ish, when the resort itself was closed.

I checked with my sister (she loves to shop). She said not sure what will be open at the resort. There is a small tavern that might be open and a bigger restaurant that's probably not. There is probably a lot of restaurants within half an hour in Lanesboro or Pittsburg. Mt. Greylock is a nice drive to the peak. And there is a lot to do within an hour if you like to just drive around and view the scenery and small towns. To the north is the Mohawk Trail. She likes the small towns to the south like Lee and Stockbridge. There is an outlet mall in Lee. And maybe some museums open (as other have mentioned).

I just ran across this, information on leaf watching. You can take the chairlift and view the leaves changes, that sounds cool!

Massachusetts

At Jiminy Peak Mountain Resort, there's as much going on in the offseason as there is once the white stuff starts piling up. While its aerial park offers American Gladiator-style challenges under a forest canopy, its Mountain Adventure Park is where you get the views of Jericho Valley and the Berkshires all the way to Pittsfield. The fall colors will be a blur — but a really cool blur — on the Alpine Super Slide, the Mountain Coaster, or the Soaring Eagle. The more sedate can just settle back on the six-person chairlift for views from 2,380 feet. $6-$65, open weekends through late October; 413-738-5500, jiminypeak.com

Best of luck in your decision. What a crazy year!

nerodog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
You may be referring to "Shaker Village" which is a little west of Pittsfield, on Route 20. It is open, as I drove by it 2 days ago. Sturbridge Village is actually quite a bit east of Hancock, closer to Boston. The Rockwell Museum is a great 1/2 day trip. A snapshot of America that is increasingly hard to find. North of Pittsfield is MassMoca, which is a sprawling arts museum housed in a group of former industrial buildings. Exhibits change.
Stourbridge Village is about 1.5 hours plus away. It's worth a look and has a nice street of shops. Lenox is a nice town to wander around. It might be nice to drive and do leaf peeping. Further along you can drive the Mohawk trail route 2 and then head south in RT 91. Go to Deerfield and on to Northampton. Nice towns.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
As far as leaves go, I live in central CT and I have colleagues that live just south of the Berkshires that I talk to regularly on calls. My weather sometimes differs just a bit, but we've been having quite a bit of color already this year and all of us had been noticing a decent amount of dropping leaves already. Last night we had decent rain and wind (we needed the rain!) but the wind took a lot more leaves, my colleagues said the same thing for there this morning. I think it will still be a lovely time to visit, but I think a couple of weeks from now will be a little bit past peak color.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Stopping back in to this thread to kind of take back my thoughts on color. After being out and about today, at least in central and northern CT the color change seems to have slowed down a bit from that abrupt start a couple of weeks ago. I'm thinking the next week or two should be really pretty!

massvacationer

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Williamstown is a great place for walking, it's a college town with pleny of stores and restaurants. It's about 25 minutes north drive from Bentley Brook. Incredibly scenic and set in the mountains.

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
Just came back (literally) from our trip. Leaves were peaking and the colors were beautiful. Got tickets to the Adventure Park (last weekend it may be open), went apple picking (last weekend they were open). Went up to Williamstown and walked around a little. Wahonkah (sp?) Falls as well. Drove around the Berkshires a bit.

I thought Wyndham was very good on their cleaning, etc. Saw staff disinfecting. Everyone (staff & guests) wore masks. We took out all our food and ate in the unit plus cooked our own breakfasts. This was our first trip since Covid started and my wife and I both enjoyed it.

BDMX2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Santa Barbara
Wyndham Bonnet Creek
Just came back (literally) from our trip. Leaves were peaking and the colors were beautiful. Got tickets to the Adventure Park (last weekend it may be open), went apple picking (last weekend they were open). Went up to Williamstown and walked around a little. Wahonkah (sp?) Falls as well. Drove around the Berkshires a bit.

I thought Wyndham was very good on their cleaning, etc. Saw staff disinfecting. Everyone (staff & guests) wore masks. We took out all our food and ate in the unit plus cooked our own breakfasts. This was our first trip since Covid started and my wife and I both enjoyed it.
So glad to hear you had a great visit! This past weekend was a gorgeous one, I'm happy to hear you got to enjoy it!