• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

CLUB WYNDHAM ACCESS POINTS,,what are they..

carl2591

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
I was looking on ebay timeshare sales and noticed a couple of sumday vacation ads showing the CLUB WYNDHAM ACCESS POINTS.

On one they were saying you can get ARP on some 40 resorts. http://tinyurl.com/ptujse8

so what is the difference between these access points and "regular" points.

the offer sounds interesting just not sure about the difference.

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was looking on ebay timeshare sales and noticed a couple of sumday vacation ads showing the CLUB WYNDHAM ACCESS POINTS.

On one they were saying you can get ARP on some 40 resorts. http://tinyurl.com/ptujse8

so what is the difference between these access points and "regular" points.

the offer sounds interesting just not sure about the difference.
13 months availability, with ARP (club access) at the resorts mentioned in ad. "Regular" points have 10 month availability to book at any Wyndham resort.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
Simplistically timeshare initially was purchased as a fixed week in a fixed unit. Then they evolved into floating weeks where you bought a fixed interval, but it could be used at your choice of weeks as long as what you wanted was available.

The conversion of your week into a points equivalent was a next step and that let you use your week points equivalent at your choice of participating resorts, but you still had that underlying week to pay fees for and that would include special assessments.

Okay now comes the evolution to Club Access. Wyndham Club Access holds all the deeds and you buy a points equivalence membership into the club. Club members pay fees that are an average of all the fees for the resorts in the club's holdings. This has the effect of paying slightly more fees than you would if you owned at say National Harbor, but less fees than if you owned at one of the more expensive resorts.

There are other features that make Club Access desirable such as there's no real estate deed involved: it's a club membership. There is ARP for every resort held by the club and there are something like 60 resorts in the club.

Access is likely the structure of the future, but whole owned fixed weeks, points conversions and such will not go away completely for a long time. Read more on page 374 of the Wyndham Members Directory. http://www.nxtbook.com/nxtbooks/wyndham/plus_membersdirectory1415/

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Joined TUG '96, Wyndham Grand Palms AKA, Presidential Villas at Plantation Resort, 3 bed lockout.
so these access points are better that regular points?? they seem to give you 13 month vs 10 month access for a lot of places where as you only get 13 month at the resort you "own" at.

do you actually own at a resort or just in the club? just trying to get a handle on the differences.

edit:: thanks cheryl,, i did go to page 374 and see there is a difference in structure. looks like a good way to get into the wyndham deal.

Last edited:

weems637

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton HGVC Tuscany
Hurricane House in Sanibel Island (managed by Hilton
Wyndham Cypress Palms
Wyndham Glades
Club Wyndham Access
Club Wyndham Access, "subject to availability". As in, a limited number of units at the various resorts. 13 month ARP only good for the units owned within CWA.

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
Club Wyndham Access, "subject to availability". As in, a limited number of units at the various resorts. 13 month ARP only good for the units owned within CWA.

I've often wondered about the "subject to availability" and how Wyndham actually handles point allocation. So, just say 20,000,000 points are in CWA and those points are associated with deeds are at La Belle Maison. At 13 months before Mardi Gras can CWA owners make up to 20 million in reservations?

I wonder if CWA owners could describe their experiences with using CWA's ARP at various resorts. Does Wyndham say subject to availability, but is it actually an endless bucket?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I've often wondered about the "subject to availability" and how Wyndham actually handles point allocation. So, just say 20,000,000 points are in CWA and those points are associated with deeds are at La Belle Maison. At 13 months before Mardi Gras can CWA owners make up to 20 million in reservations?

I wonder if CWA owners could describe their experiences with using CWA's ARP at various resorts. Does Wyndham say subject to availability, but is it actually an endless bucket?

Originally, the seeded units in CWA were mostly offseason OLDER FIXED weeks with some inventory of UDI points from new resorts.

I was at Sea Gardens (Pompano Beach) were I came across a woman trying to count floors from the outside of the Ocean Palms 10 story tower. She was trying to book ARP for a Winter Week (next winter) via CWA. Spent multiple phones calls trying to get ANY week at the 3 beach resorts during the ARP window. Of course, Royal Vista is NOT in CWA; Santa Barbara has only 90 units total => leaving Sea Gardens with ONLY 1 week 1 unit available. She was NOT HAPPY as she had brought CWA to GET ARP at those resorts.

I explained HOW inventory was seeded in CWA. I told her I owned the weeks she was looking for which I brought resale and were deeded by week and unit number.... for WAY less than buying into CWA and with no Program Fee or 8AM phone calls HOPING for a reservation.

She asked WHY Wyndham had NOT explained that to her. I told her, their job was to SELL you what they owned (currently CWA points). I suggested she GRAB that week and unit.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score

I can talk with a little authority about how CWA works at La Belle Maison, for Mardi Gras, but only a little

some years back I wanted to accumulate points to make Mardi Gras reservations. La Belle Maison points didnt come up that often, so perhaps CWA would do the trick for me.. I wanted to figure this thing out; would it be ok if I spent my limited money on CWA or should I wait for La Belle contracts? I asked here on TUG, I went to the CWA annual board meetings, and I talked to owner care people and I couldnt quite pin it down. I was told that the goal was about 25% of inventory across the system, was to go into CWA but I couldnt get specifics on any one resort

The breakthrough in my quest was when another Tugger got a look at the "inventory book" at a sales presentation (I didnt know such a book existed) and reported back to me that they had reached that goal at La Belle Maison.

The question remained how was that inventory made available . Was it released across the year so that an equal amount was available for ARP each week of the year. Or was everything at the resort available to CWA people until it was all gone. It didnt make any difference to me because by this time I had purchased enough La Belle Points to satisfy my needs and I had been able to use them all for Mardi Gras reservations.. I didnt need any CWA

I never could get a direct answer to the question but heres what I think.. CWA is spread across the whole year. There are 140 units at La Belle Maison and I think 25% of them (35) are available for Mardi Gras (and every other week of the year) at 13 months. I come to this "educated guess" because If all the points in CWA could be used for Mardi Gras the place would fill up fast with CWA owners and the deeded La Belle owners would be squeezed out. (there are a lot more CWA points in the universe than La Belle points) and that isnt whats happening. I am able to get a significant number of Mardi Gras reservations each year with my La Belle points> By the way the place completely sells out in the first few minutes the phone lines are open, and there is never any left at 10 months

At Avenue Plaza (also in New Orleans) , its a different story and more complex. It was developed as an all floating weeks resort and when Wyndham took it over they put all the unsold inventory (deeded, floating weeks) into CWA. At this point approximately 33% of the resort is in CWA the rest is split pretty evenly between the old floating weeks owners and Worldmark> (and by the way when a weeks owner defaults, the foreclosed weeks are put into either Worldmark or CWA) I have been able to use CWA for some Mardi Gras reservations at 13 months, but there is always some available for Mardi Gras at 10 months too.

So to answer your question I have a feel for how this stuff is distributed but its really only a guess and I think depends on whether the place was a floating weeks resort like Avenue Plaza or fixed weeks like the two in Pompano that Linda describes or a 100% UDI resort like La Belle Maison

By the way some of the resorts (the ones brought into the system as a result of the Wixon settlement like Indio for example) are 100% CWA

Last edited:

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the wixon settlement?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Some years ago a worldmark owner (My Wixon) sued Wyndham. As I understand it the claim was that Wyhndam overloaded the club with condos and that the credits required to stay at some other resorts was excessive

The settlement was that Wyndham removed just over 400 units from 11 Worldmark resorts, Added some units at Dolphins cove in exchange for some Aneheim units and reduced the credit requirements at some other resorts

What happenned to these units??? They were added to Club Wyndham Access

Thats how we got resorts like Indio and Angels Camp into Club Wyndham Access, also Pine Top and Rancho Vista, Tropicanna and others that I dont remember

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
And the ONLY time it matters as to CWA or CWP .. is during ARP window. If untaken CWA inventory after the 10 month day before checkin ..(the ARP period), is available to ALL owners of both CWP and CWA.

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
And the ONLY time it matters as to CWA or CWP .. is during ARP window. If untaken CWA inventory after the 10 month day before checkin ..(the ARP period), is available to ALL owners of both CWP and CWA.

Linda

CWA is part of CWP I think you mean club Wyndham select

Joe33426

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cove at Yarmouth, Star Island, La Belle Maison, Grand Desert, and Bali Hai Villas
Thanks Ron! Very helpful as always!

About 1/2 my points are at La Belle Maison, but unfortunately I'm unable to travel around Mardi Gras. Maybe someday I'll get to go, but it sounds like that I'll at least have a small chance of getting a reservation. Glad to hear that CWA doesn't decimate the inventory.

I can talk with a little authority about how CWA works at La Belle Maison, for Mardi Gras, but only a little

some years back I wanted to accumulate points to make Mardi Gras reservations. La Belle Maison points didnt come up that often, so perhaps CWA would do the trick for me.. I wanted to figure this thing out; would it be ok if I spent my limited money on CWA or should I wait for La Belle contracts? I asked here on TUG, I went to the CWA annual board meetings, and I talked to owner care people and I couldnt quite pin it down. I was told that the goal was about 25% of inventory across the system, was to go into CWA but I couldnt get specifics on any one resort

The breakthrough in my quest was when another Tugger got a look at the "inventory book" at a sales presentation (I didnt know such a book existed) and reported back to me that they had reached that goal at La Belle Maison.

The question remained how was that inventory made available . Was it released across the year so that an equal amount was available for ARP each week of the year. Or was everything at the resort available to CWA people until it was all gone. It didnt make any difference to me because by this time I had purchased enough La Belle Points to satisfy my needs and I had been able to use them all for Mardi Gras reservations.. I didnt need any CWA

I never could get a direct answer to the question but heres what I think.. CWA is spread across the whole year. There are 140 units at La Belle Maison and I think 25% of them (35) are available for Mardi Gras (and every other week of the year) at 13 months. I come to this "educated guess" because If all the points in CWA could be used for Mardi Gras the place would fill up fast with CWA owners and the deeded La Belle owners would be squeezed out. (there are a lot more CWA points in the universe than La Belle points) and that isnt whats happening. I am able to get a significant number of Mardi Gras reservations each year with my La Belle points> By the way the place completely sells out in the first few minutes the phone lines are open, and there is never any left at 10 months

At Avenue Plaza (also in New Orleans) , its a different story and more complex. It was developed as an all floating weeks resort and when Wyndham took it over they put all the unsold inventory (deeded, floating weeks) into CWA. At this point approximately 33% of the resort is in CWA the rest is split pretty evenly between the old floating weeks owners and Worldmark> (and by the way when a weeks owner defaults, the foreclosed weeks are put into either Worldmark or CWA) I have been able to use CWA for some Mardi Gras reservations at 13 months, but there is always some available for Mardi Gras at 10 months too.

So to answer your question I have a feel for how this stuff is distributed but its really only a guess and I think depends on whether the place was a floating weeks resort like Avenue Plaza or fixed weeks like the two in Pompano that Linda describes or a 100% UDI resort like La Belle Maison

By the way some of the resorts (the ones brought into the system as a result of the Wixon settlement like Indio for example) are 100% CWA

carl2591

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
so is the CWA worth the effort and cost?? it appears not and then it appears it is a good deal, worth the effort.. guess it depends on resort wanted and when, like everything else in timeshare land.

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there any info as of what is in the CWA trust.

Last edited:

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark

ronparise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is a link to the list of resorts.
https://www.myclubwyndham.com/ffr/member/help/learningCenter/details.do?id=LIB-0002075

Wyndham hasn't revealed the number of units at each resort.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

How many units or points from each resort is a moving target. The number is always getting bigger, especially now with all the inventory Wyndham is taking back

But as I said in my rambling post above, There is a "book". or at least there was a book in the sales offices. I saw it in San Diego that resort by resort details exactly what is in the trust as of a certain date. Either sneek a peak when your salesman goes ti get your records, or just ask to see it. I told the guy in SanDiego That I might buy some more CWA if I knew how many CWA units were in New Orleans.... so he showed it too me.

scootr5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
How many units or points from each resort is a moving target. The number is always getting bigger, especially now with all the inventory Wyndham is taking back

I think it's going to be interesting to see what happens with the CWA maintenance fees over the next couple of years too, given some of the units that Wyn is taking back.

Last edited:

samara64

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks all.

Ron, I will try to check that book next time I am in Oceanside. I see the trust keeps growing and including new resorts but no actual unit count.

vacationhopeful

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes ... there are a lot of elderly owners who brought those Fixed Weeks of the older resorts. Some converted to points ... but Wyndham is NOT reselling these as fixed weeks or converted fixed weeks.

Actually, any foreclosed units ... from previous Q&A sessions at the RESORT and of the Resort Managers .. the units are technically foreclosed by the HOA and ALL expenses to reacquired ownership and HOLDING period of the ownership is ABSORBED by the HOA. CWA would request "x type of units during y season of z size" and pay the HOA ... get this ... $1 for the deed. And the HOA could not participate in ANY OTHER selling ANY DEEDS outside of "feeding" the deeds to Wyndham (and default to the CWA program). It was a SLOW process ... with the other owners at the older resorts PAYING for holding the deeds and legal fees to acquire the deeds ... all the while, not able to "profit" by selling deeds to current owners WHO highly desire and would have PAID more than the $1.

Am I happy about Ovations? Sure ... should have or will have reduced the (holding) inventory on the older resorts along with the number of foreclosures & those associated costs. BUT it brands a particular resort as a Wyndham verses the XYZ Resort with repeat FW owners who have a vested interest in improvements and vacationing experiences ... a non-owner (like the CWA club member) will vote by NOT coming back. A bad personal experience will cause more "harder" usage ... like a hotel room.

I have lots of fixed week vacationing experiences at different resorts ... seeing the same owners and renewing our friendships each year ... is like being in a neighborhood. Many of those owners have their extended families also vacationing with them in their OWN units. Some of my best stories involve owners who come to the same resort for 20+ years ... active plus their next generation bringing their kids.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
CWA would request "x type of units during y season of z size" and pay the HOA ... get this ... $1 for the deed.
On the bright side, this moves unproductive inventory that generates no revenue (or, what rental income the HOA can generate) to an owner willing to pay full MFs. Older resorts don't (and won't) have sales teams to move that inventory in other ways. There are a few resorts that try this---I stayed in a non-Wyndham in Sedona that has resales advertised to guests---but they are few and far between.