• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Regina Reopening

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Got the following in an email today from Raintree:
Dear Member,

We have great news! After careful consideration we are excited to announce that we will be re-opening all three Club Regina properties on June 26th, 2020! We will open with reduced occupancy and at this time amenities will be limited, as the government has not yet announced when beaches and pools can be opened. We expect to receive this information in the next few weeks and will provide an update on our dedicated COVID-19 page found on the homepage of www.raintreevacationclub.com.

June 26th will be a true celebration throughout each resort, but the main attraction will be seeing your smiling faces. In the meantime, the resorts are diligently working on new protocols, airlines are starting to announce the summer reopening of international flights, and the Raintree Vacation Guides are ready to take your call; so now is a great time to get excited about and make your 2020 vacations a reality!

Sincerely,
Raintree Vacation Club
This does not fill me with confidence.

For quite a few years I have been less than enthused with Raintree operations. I have posted on occasion about how they seem to be a company with some liquidity issues, ranging from trying to get a special assessment created for items that should be covered in an operational budget, to their exit strategy programs, which have seemed to me to be calculated to bring future revenues forward to current operating budgets.

My first take on this is that it sounds like more of the same, Why the rush to reopen, when all of the signs are that COVID occurrence in MX is lagging the US and Europte by one to two months? June is just about when Mexico should be seeing its peaks? What are they specifically going to be doing to ensure guest safety, beyond complying with whatever requirements might be imposed by the MX government?

Why the rush, I asked? Is it because their margins are so thin that they can't afford to be closed?

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
From other TUG posts and my wife going on PV news websites - it does appear that Mexican Resorts are planning to start reopening the end of June .

That said ,what Club Regina has listed is less specific on details than some others posted by TUG members.

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
I am delighted with my Raintree membership. They gifted us free bonus points equal to our membership level so I will be staying for 3 months this coming winter, if the virus has diminished in intensity. I am using extra points to invite female relatives for a girls week in February. I see their move as an incentive to members to get their fees paid in spite of the economic downturn. It gets people back to the resorts and they and the staff make money when they have full occupancy. Resort areas of Mexico depend on tourists for income and the staff need regular income, just like we all do. They are also giving members an extra 10% off in our club restaurants. I am very happy with my stays at our resorts and I look forward to returning.
I believe that the summer months are used more by Mexican members who want to get to the beach, so they are anxious to have resorts open and put people back to work. It is too hot and humid for me during July and August, but locals are used to it. I pray that the virus threat is greatly diminished soon for everyone's sake.