• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Regina Puerto Vallarta

garzagoer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Happy New Years everyone!
We are heading to PV middle of January and staying for 4 weeks this winter.
We have rented a condo in the romantic zone for two weeks, then up to the marina at Club Regina for a couple more. :)
This will be our first time at the Club, was wondering if they will keep us in the same room for the 2 wks?
How are the rooms there?
We have a 1bedroom booked. Do they all have a decent view?
I did get the welcome email yesterday but have not replied yet. They were mostly informing us on the transportation options, which we will not need.
Any info for this place and the marina is greatly appreciated. We have been to PV and Nuevo a few times before. If any one else is there then maybe we could enjoy a drink together. :hi:

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
DH and I bought but were able to rescind at Club Regina PV on our honeymoon. That was 2 kids and five years ago, so my experience is dated but we found it uncrowded and tranquil in January. The Marina location is super convenient for busses and has plenty of dining and shopping choices nearby. I actually would choose to go back here but I'm in II now and not RCI.

Hope you have a great holiday!

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
PV Club Regina Marina

I walked over from the Mayan Palace next door last April and asked if I could see the resort . They had a bell person give me a tour including Villa Vera .
Nice resort and has more restaurant options since it shares the property with the Westin Hotel.
We have stayed in the Marina Mayan P. 5 times and like the bus accessibility to all of PV as well as the Marina restaurants that are walking distance .
In Feb 2014 we stayed at the Cancun Club Regina location and found it well run
Oxxo is right across the street.
Walmart is an easy bus ride .

The sun shines every day there.

---------
PS - Our April 2015 visit was just after Daylight Savings Time started and we were given a Marina (upper floor- non ocean ) view at the Mayan Palace ( building 1 with front desk and large balconies) .The view of the sunrise coming over the mountain is SPECTACULAR and at that time of year -and starts around 7:15 am. I drank my coffee and watched the sun come up every morning . At that time of year ( April) I would consider requesting that view again .
For 2016 in PV - Mexico DST starts Sun April 3 and ends Oct 30 / IN USA & Canada(were applicable) starts March 13 ends Nov 6 2016

Last edited:

x3 skier

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Steamboat Grand, The West,
Raintree and, formerly, The Allen House
My most recent visit was last April.

The higher the unit, the better the view, as is true most places. They all face the pool area and up the coast of the Bay of Banderas. No views of PV proper.

The unit we had had been remodeled and was pretty nice. Only a few English tv channels but who goes to PV to watch tv. :D

I recommend Vallarta Eats for a tour of some of the many "local" mom and pop old town restaurants. Very reasonable price and good food.

The Westin has an extensive breakfast buffet and Club Regina guests get a discount, IIRC.

Cheers

MuranoJo

TUG Member
Reaction score
My experience is a bit dated, but we took 3 other couples with us to Club Regina in PV and as exchangers with two, 2 BD units next to each other, we ended up on the 2nd floor I believe, so our view wasn't great.

But we really liked the units and the resort & pool. The two bedrooms were on opposite sides of the unit and there was even a small extra shower behind the kitchen area, so it was nicely laid out. There was a small soaking pool on the deck of our units. The group liked the breakfast buffet but weren't too excited about the plastic covers they used on the mattresses at the time.

As Vida owners, we can use the MP PV location next door, but we also like the Regina and we'd go back.