• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Regina No more MF (2019)

Dommt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regina Los cabos. RVC
Thanks Donna, I will keep in touch. Just a lot going on and we have to make decisions. PV is very nice. We have been there. We do split our weeks When we deposit them in RCI. As Club Regina I thought we could only use our current time as 2 separate weeks. We don't have points. We get trading power. I have over a hundred TP in RCI. The units can be 5-25 TP units. Our current year time option is a bedroom and studio, and a studio/hotel room. Thats how we get to use two weeks with our two bedroom unit. @ 1450.00 it still is a value to stay at a 5 star resort for 725. a week. It does get harder and harder to trade. many places are going all inclusive and now in Cabo, if you own in Cabo you can't book into a lot of resorts. The rules keep changing and not in our favor.

Dommt

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regina Los cabos. RVC
Dom, using your membership is best solution. If you use it as a one bedroom unit, you could stay week and a half or so. Check in on a Sunday, you could stay 22 nights. It takes 10,000 points for a Friday and Saturday night and 6000 points per week night which gives you 10 nights plus the weekend for a total of 12 nights. That amounts to $121/night in a beachfront condo. That seems reasonable to me.
Maybe you are not using your points to your best advantage. If I can be of help, let me know. Come to Puerto Vallarta and enjoy our beautiful resort, the great staff and members here. It is my Mexican family! And our snowbird flock is very friendly.
One of the things we are planning is that in the next couple years, we will be able to reduce our work time significantly and then we plan to book weeks of time that we have been accumulating to do like you are doing. Staying 2-3 weeks at a a time.

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
One of the things we are planning is that in the next couple years, we will be able to reduce our work time significantly and then we plan to book weeks of time that we have been accumulating to do like you are doing. Staying 2-3 weeks at a a time.
It is awesome to enjoy sunny 80-85 degree days overlooking the bay and have breakfast on my balcony as I watch for whales to show up. The warm saltwater pool is great for exercise as well as socializing. It is a short walk to marina restaurants or we can enjoy the sunset as we dine at our own Inizio restaurant. I encourage you to stay the 12 days as I described above.
My husband died 2.5 years ago but I continue to spend my winters here. I discovered Corazon de Nina home for children. I am amazed that they are funded only by donations from Americans and Canadians and operate as a huge family. As of today, there are 75 children in the family. Juan and Melissa are saints in the eyes of God and my eyes too. I am going to help support this noble cause. Don’t throw away your opportunity to live. I am glad my husband and I have enjoyed our membership for 20 years. It was an investment in us, not in a timeshare. One of my fondest memories is walking with Tim and remarking to him that I love our life as we strolled from pool back to our rooms.
Forget about the investment and cost; you already committed to it. Maximize your benefits and quality time together. Nobody on their death bed ever said that they wished that they had spent more time on their job!

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It is awesome to enjoy sunny 80-85 degree days overlooking the bay and have breakfast on my balcony as I watch for whales to show up. The warm saltwater pool is great for exercise as well as socializing. It is a short walk to marina restaurants or we can enjoy the sunset as we dine at our own Inizio restaurant. I encourage you to stay the 12 days as I described above.
My husband died 2.5 years ago but I continue to spend my winters here. I discovered Corazon de Nina home for children. I am amazed that they are funded only by donations from Americans and Canadians and operate as a huge family. As of today, there are 75 children in the family. Juan and Melissa are saints in the eyes of God and my eyes too. I am going to help support this noble cause. Don’t throw away your opportunity to live. I am glad my husband and I have enjoyed our membership for 20 years. It was an investment in us, not in a timeshare. One of my fondest memories is walking with Tim and remarking to him that I love our life as we strolled from pool back to our rooms.
Forget about the investment and cost; you already committed to it. Maximize your benefits and quality time together. Nobody on their death bed ever said that they wished that they had spent more time on their job!

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Love your words, Donna. I, too, fell in love with PV while my husband was alive. He died young but I have gone back to PV every year since his passing ten years ago. I am Staying at Club Regina after a few days in Guadalahara this year...we had always hoped to visit there, and while our children think their mom is becoming too brave, my love for Mexico and it’s people continues to grow. Love staying in the Marina area best.

DonnaD

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
Linda, when will you be at Club Regina. I am here now ! Let’s meet!
Donna

hellolani

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Donna you were so kind to us early in our learning, we met in Mazatlan I believe. I'm so glad to hear you are still enjoying your time.

BerthaA

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Raintree Vacation Club
I am at Club Regina in PV for next 8 weeks. I have helped several members gift their memberships to people who are happy to take them. No charge for my help. If I understand your posts, you have a 2 bedroom prime time which is considered Platinum member. What are your maintenance fees?
Are you willing to pay transfer fee? I have 2 other people whom I am helping also and both are willing to pay the transfer fee of about $499. You can email me at donnadanne@yahoo.com.
DonnaD.
Hi Donna, if you re still willing to help people get out of the membership I would appreciate your help. type of membership is RT 10.