• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Regina & Club Raintree?

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What is the different between Club Regina and Club Raintree? Why 2 club? Is buying one is better than the other. If you brought as Club Regina, can you joint Club Raintree?

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
myip said:
What is the different between Club Regina and Club Raintree? Why 2 club? Is buying one is better than the other. If you brought as Club Regina, can you joint Club Raintree?
Cub Regina is part of Raintree Vacation Club. Club Regina membrships were sold before Raintree Vacation Club was formed, amd Club Regina members have only the use privileges associated with Club Regina. That is, a Club Regina membership only has rights at the three Club Regina memberships. CR memberships can be converted to Raintree, for a conversion fee.

CR memberships are wothwhile if you only are interested in going to the three Club Regina resorts. Because they are RTU (many of them expiring in 2026) and only good for the three resorts, they can be picked up relatively inexpensively if you shop around.

If you do look into a Raintree membership, I don't think it makes much sense to get anything lower than a Platinum membership.

myip

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Any ideas how much is the conversion fees from Club Regina to Club Raintree. What is the going price for Club Raintree?

tartanwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
myip said:
Any ideas how much is the conversion fees from Club Regina to Club Raintree. What is the going price for Club Raintree?

I don't know about Club Regina, but I know that there are two different conversion fees for Whiski Jack owners who want to convert to Raintree.

I was quoted a price of about $2300 (US) to convert my WJ to a platinum level membership in Raintree. That is my price as an owner who purchased WJ before Raintree was formed.

I was told that someone purchasing WJ resale would have to pay a higher fee to join Raintree at the platinum level--about $3100 as of a couple of weeks ago.

If you want into Raintree, you could check out resales for WJ as well as resales for Club Regina.

Your best bet would be to find a resale that already is part of Raintree. Next best is to find either a Club Regina or WJ property that can be converted to Raintree. In that case, be sure to talk to someone through the resort to get specifics about the cost for conversion. You can use that information when negotiating the purchase of a resale.

I know that I will be adjusting the price of the WJ unit I am selling to take into account the difference in fees depending on who does the converting.

I know that if we were going to keep our WJ property, I would definitely convert it to Raintree in order to gain more flexibility in schedule and location. Members who have written about RVC seem to be happy with it.

Good luck finding what you want.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
tartanwood said:
I was told that someone purchasing WJ resale would have to pay a higher fee to join Raintree at the platinum level--about $3100 as of a couple of weeks ago. ..
At $3100 to convert a unit at the platinum level, you are almost assuredly better off buying an existing Platimum Club Regina membership rather than going through the conversion process.

tartanwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
T_R_Oglodyte said:
At $3100 to convert a unit at the platinum level, you are almost assuredly better off buying an existing Platimum Club Regina membership rather than going through the conversion process.

From the perspective of a hopeful seller, this unfortunately reduces the appeal of my property. I was planning to present my unit as a stepping stone to Raintree, and I took the cost of conversion into consideration when setting my asking price. I still would encourage a purchaser to consider Raintree, but I may have to adjust my price further.