• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

club pass - what a 'benefit'

Xcalibur

Reaction score
Called today about booking Maui with Clubpass. Found out it rarely works. WM members can book as far out as 13months whereas WYN members can book as far out as 9 months. I was told that because of this, WYN members rarely get MAUI (and other popular resorts).

Has anybody used clubpass effectively?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
My understanding is Maui is hard for most WM to book. Think of the other way around. There are resorts and specific units sizes that are not available if you wait until 9 months to book with Wyndham. The same thing happens within Worldmark. Popular resorts book up. I think in general many Worldmark resorts are smaller in terms of number of units than Wyndham (but maybe that is just my impression) which doesn't help.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Not I, I don't consider it a benefit. We used to be able to book some of those WM resorts via the Wyndham site (before Clubpass). I don't even bother with it. Have to call and there's a fee. Not of interest to me.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
Not I, I don't consider it a benefit. We used to be able to book some of those WM resorts via the Wyndham site (before Clubpass). I don't even bother with it. Have to call and there's a fee. Not of interest to me.

Agreed. Even if the exchange fee stays in place, I would be much more likely to book into WM resorts if I could perform online inventory searches on my own and book electronically. It's just too much of a hassle to phone in and go back and forth with an agent on available dates and so forth. Not worth my time, which is likely why I've never done it, even though there are several WM resorts in areas that interest me.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
That $99 fee makes it better off if you just buy WM resale. Fiji is the best island resort in the WM system and that's gone at 13 months. I've learned recently that if you want to use WM occasionally, you can pick up a really small account and rent credits from other owners using wmowners.com. It's actually cheaper than the maintenance fees themselves unless you have a massive account. Doing it this way gives you access to all the Worldmark locations without a big obligation. No matter what size your account is, you still get equal access to Bonus Time and Inventory specials.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
It's a glass half-full / glass half-empty argument. Things dont have to be perfect to be good.

Yes, certain highly sought after WM resorts will almost never be available via Club Pass. As mentioned above, at many of those resorts WM members have to book 13 months to the day to even get in. So how does it make sense that it would any easier or the same for non-members via Club Pass?

But that is a small number of the many WM locations that are available via Club Pass. And many of the WM resorts that are available 9 months are really good locations. But you are correct, West Yellowstone/coastal resorts in summer, Marina Dunes/Pismo Beach (small popular resorts), and Hawaii will be almost impossible.

I always appreciate having more options, and suspect many Wyndham owners feel the same way.

HitchHiker71

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Outer Banks Beach Club I (PIC Plus)
Colonies at Williamsburg (PIC Plus)
CWA VIP Gold (718k EY)
National Harbor Resale (689k)
It's a glass half-full / glass half-empty argument. Things dont have to be perfect to be good.

Yes, certain highly sought after WM resorts will almost never be available via Club Pass. As mentioned above, at many of those resorts WM members have to book 13 months to the day to even get in. So how does it make sense that it would any easier or the same for non-members via Club Pass?

But that is a small number of the many WM locations that are available via Club Pass. And many of the WM resorts that are available 9 months are really good locations. But you are correct, West Yellowstone/coastal resorts in summer, Marina Dunes/Pismo Beach (small popular resorts), and Hawaii will be almost impossible.

I always appreciate having more options, and suspect many Wyndham owners feel the same way.

Agree 100%. If Wyndham could get the electronic website booking for Club Pass across the finish line it would be a major win IMHO. That said, I do plan to attempt my first Club Pass booking this year - as WM has a few resorts in locations that we want to visit. :)

r4rab

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA Margaritaville(USVI)
We used Club Pass about 18 months ago for a 2 week Pacific Northwest trip. Stayed at The Camlin in Seattle (a closet of a room but unbelievable location) for a week, Whistler for 5 nights and a weekend in downtown Vancouver. It did take some planning but was well worth the effort. I would like to stay at Yellowstone and I've heard it may be feasible for a non-summer month when schools are in session such as Sept or May. Would like to try Fiji but haven't enquired about it. I have considered whether to pick up a resale WM contract to improve usage of WM resorts. We live on the east coast so the west coast resorts are attractive to us.