• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Melia Coco Beach now Hyatt?

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Club Melia Coco Beach through an RCI exchange a few weeks before the hurricanes hit Puerto Rico. The timeshares were a section of a larger resort. We LOVED this resort and the island. It was nice that is was in the rio grande area which is near the rainforest and so many other places to go.

The resort was wrecked and it has been closed since. There were facebook posts and website posts that they would re-open December 2018, but that did not happen and there have been no words since.

Last night I was googling to try to find out information about the resorts as we would like to exchange back into it next summer (2020). I came across news articles that say it was sold to Hyatt and they will be opening up a Grand Regency resort.

Does anybody know what this mean for the Club Melia units at the resort? Can they remain club melia? Will they join the Hyatt timeshare group? Maybe they will no longer have timeshares, just regular rental rooms?

I see that club melia still has a page for Coco Beach. But that might not mean much as they don't seem to really update much. Any info would be appreciated.

Joe

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Hyatt TS is now part of MVC family due to ILG purchase. I am wondering if it will be separate or if it will be similar to the arrangement at Northstar which has Welk and Hyatt.

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
I would d also post under Hyatt. Very knowledgeable group.

Beach57

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paradisus Palma Real and Club Solaris Los Cabos
We stayed at the Club Melia Coco Beach through an RCI exchange a few weeks before the hurricanes hit Puerto Rico. The timeshares were a section of a larger resort. We LOVED this resort and the island. It was nice that is was in the rio grande area which is near the rainforest and so many other places to go.

The resort was wrecked and it has been closed since. There were facebook posts and website posts that they would re-open December 2018, but that did not happen and there have been no words since.

Last night I was googling to try to find out information about the resorts as we would like to exchange back into it next summer (2020). I came across news articles that say it was sold to Hyatt and they will be opening up a Grand Regency resort.

Does anybody know what this mean for the Club Melia units at the resort? Can they remain club melia? Will they join the Hyatt timeshare group? Maybe they will no longer have timeshares, just regular rental rooms?

I see that club melia still has a page for Coco Beach. But that might not mean much as they don't seem to really update much. Any info would be appreciated.

Joe

Beach57

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Paradisus Palma Real and Club Solaris Los Cabos
I don't see it come up on the Melia website. I wonder if it was a home resort for some Club Melia members, and if so, what was done about this? It's probably worth a call.