• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Intrawest?

BMack

TUG Member
Reaction score
Have been poking around the "Resort Collection" portion of hgvclub.com and noticed that a few Club Intrawest properties show up (looks like whistler, quebec and palm desert). But they don't show up on reservations.

Have I missed them before? Are they new?

How do we go about checking availability?

And are they ever avail during Open Season?

:confused:

Bill4728

Reaction score
About 2 years ago, HGVC & Club Intrawest (CI) made a deal in which they would share with each other some of thier inventory. So a few rooms at some CI resorts are available for HGVC owners. And the same is true for CI owners.

I'm a CI owner and feel that the HGVC are generally not a great deal for CI owners because as a CI owner, you could, most of the time, easily exchange into the HGVC properties. BUT for HGVC owners, since Palm Desert has it's best resorts in II, Whistler is alway a very difficult trade & the points HGVC want to trade in the CI resorts is very reasonable. IMHO, HGVC owners trading into CI is a good deal.

Edited to clarify :

IMHO
HGVC owners trades into CI is a good deal for the HGVC members ( cost a HGVC owner 5000 pts to get a 2 bed red week at CI)

CI owners trades into HGVC is generally not a good deal for CI owners. ( cost a CI owner 235 pts to do a CI to HGVC exchange vs 150 pts to do a RCI exchange)

Last edited:

pianodinosaur

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC SeaWorld x 2, HGVC Las Vegas Strip x 2, MVC Mountain Valley Lodge, MVC Legend’s Edge
We stayed at Club Intrawest in Whister in August 2008 to celebrate our 20th anniversary. It was fabulous. I have posted a review and discussed the trip in the Canada section under Grand Vacation British Columbia. You may also consider a stay at the Grand Mayan. We stayed at the Grand Mayan Riviera Maya in May 2008 and had a great time as well.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill: Your advice on getting an exchange into Intrawest Ixtapa? Privately or is there an exchange where my chances are greater? Is there an Intrawest Board where offers can be made with my inventory? TIA

Bill4728

Reaction score
Bill: Your advice on getting an exchange into Intrawest Ixtapa? Privately or is there an exchange where my chances are greater? Is there an Intrawest Board where offers can be made with my inventory? TIA

Cathy,

It would be hard to suggest a way for someone to get to the CI resort in Zihuatanejo / Ixtapa. CI controls all deposits into RCI, so you can only exchange into it via RCI if CI deposits a unit there (and they don't do it often)

As far as doing a direct exchange with a CI member, It cost so many CI points to reserve a unit there, I'm afraid that not many members would be willing to do a direct exchange. For example, a 2 bed red week thru a RCI exchange costs a CI member 150 points. BUT a 1 bd at Zihuatanejo cost 160 pts and a 2 bed cost close to 230 pts. So most members would spend 150 pts and do an exchange thru RCI rather than do a direct exchange.

Sorry

Last edited:

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks Bill you actually did help me! We are on friendly terms with the RCI office in Carlsbad, CA here so that would probably be the best approach though not guaranteed. :)

Beverley

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be going to the Quebec location the end of May. :cheer: Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Beverley