• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Geopremier @Lac Morency

Tacoma

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed there about 10 years ago. I don't remember unit specifics but since I had my Mom with me I remember that there were stairs to most units. I felt the unit was nice enough. I don't know where you're from but I grew up in Quebec and that area is lovely. You are a short distance to Tremblant a 4 season destination and there are several old Quebec towns that are lovely. Saint Saveur is one and my Dad always spoke about St Agathe des Monts. I don't remember Saint Jerome having any charm. You could go into Montreal for a day if you don't mind driving. We were just driving around and came across a working old covered bridge. I really like Quebec but not speaking French can cause you grief.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Merci, Tacoma!
We did book a studio there. I called the resort to get more info and the woman who answered was bilingual. I speak a little French and hope our time at Lac Morency will enhance my vocabulary especially since we will be spending 8 nights in France later this year!
Enroute we will spend a night outside Ottawa and hope to see the changing of the guard the next morning. A day trip to Montreal is a definite as are drives to the villages you mentioned. And we will be there July 1st to join in the Canada Day celebrations!

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
We spent a week in a 1 bedroom in February five years ago for snowshoeing. It was a nice stay, but I recall there were some buildings that looked older than the one up the hill we were in. It's a lovely region. A day trip to Tremblant or Montreal is a bit of a drive and a whole day outing. St Sauveur a half hour away, which you would pass through to get there, has lots of factory shopping and interesting boutiques if you are just looking for a half day outing.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Hopefully our unit will be nice. I did learn that our studio has a loft for the sleeping area. And we are prepared with a $20 CDN note that DH found on the ground yesterday at Homosassa Springs State Park in Florida!

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Merci, Tacoma!
We did book a studio there. I called the resort to get more info and the woman who answered was bilingual. I speak a little French and hope our time at Lac Morency will enhance my vocabulary especially since we will be spending 8 nights in France later this year!
Just so your expectations aren’t raised too much. What is spoken in Quebec is very different than the French spoken in Europe.

I like visiting Quebec and it is a charming place. But having learned Parisian French from a teacher from France during my elementary years I find it difficult to understand the Quebec French even to this day.

Ironwood

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, Quebec French is a little different than Parisian French but not another language. The whole Sauveur region is a tourist area, and everyone working in a restaurant or shop will speak English. The reality is if you try to struggle en francais, they will quickly switch to English to deal with you.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Yes, Quebec French is a little different than Parisian French but not another language. The whole Sauveur region is a tourist area, and everyone working in a restaurant or shop will speak English. The reality is if you try to struggle en francais, they will quickly switch to English to deal with you.
Yes, the people there are lovely and you won’t have any difficulty interacting. I was merely pointing out that if the goal is to practice language skills for a future trip to France you may not achieve the goal as fully.

I have a similar problem when I go to Switzerland. The German I learned is a bit of a different dialect than that spoken by my family there. We usually end up defaulting to English.

cd5

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Embarc
I stayed there about 10 years ago. I don't remember unit specifics but since I had my Mom with me I remember that there were stairs to most units. I felt the unit was nice enough. I don't know where you're from but I grew up in Quebec and that area is lovely. You are a short distance to Tremblant a 4 season destination and there are several old Quebec towns that are lovely. Saint Saveur is one and my Dad always spoke about St Agathe des Monts. I don't remember Saint Jerome having any charm. You could go into Montreal for a day if you don't mind driving. We were just driving around and came across a working old covered bridge. I really like Quebec but not speaking French can cause you grief.
St-Jérôme might not have charm but it does have the hospital and a Costco :)