• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club Dues Without Deed

CiCi

Reaction score
Good morning everyone....newbie question here....noticed that my deed was recorded a couple of weeks ago but haven't received a copy of it yet. In Saturday's mail was my bill for the club fees...question is do I wait for my deed to show up or pay it now? Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

elleny76

Reaction score
Following... just a got an email saying my deed was ready and was sent out Friday :)shrug:.. but they want me to pay the MF).
Grand palisades HGVC

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Good morning everyone....newbie question here....noticed that my deed was recorded a couple of weeks ago but haven't received a copy of it yet. In Saturday's mail was my bill for the club fees...question is do I wait for my deed to show up or pay it now? Thx.

Following... just a got an email saying my deed was ready and was sent out Friday :)shrug:.. but they want me to pay the MF).
Grand palisades HGVC

CiCi - I have an affiliate (Grand Pacific Palisades) and the club dues are included in the maintenance fee. I assume that true HGVC resorts handle it the same. Are you saying they are just trying to collect the club dues without the maintenance fees? If you know it has been recorded, and HGVC is sending you a bill, then they must have processed it. You do not need to wait for a copy of the deed. You can call HGVC and they can verify if you are ready to go.

Ellen - Who wants you to pay for the Maintenance fees, HGVC or a reseller? If it is a reseller I would think that they would have already collected the fee as part of your closing costs. If it is HGVC, and the agreement was that you were to pay the 2016 maintenance fees, then it sounds like you are good to go once the fees have been paid. You should call HGVC to verify.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Your closing company is supposed to send you the recorded deed, not the resort.

So if the deed has been recorded with the county and resort, you will start receiving bills, whether or not the closing company has sent your deed.

*That being said, in your purchase contract WHO is responsible for paying the 2016 fees?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Even though you don't have the deed, it doesn't mean you aren't the owner and that your ownership isn't registered with the management company. You don't really ever have to get the recorded deed to be considered an owner. As long as the management company considers you an owner, you can do anything an owner can do, like make a reservation AND pay the maintenance fees...

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
If the deed is recorded and the resort is acknowledging you as the owner, you are all set. You don't need a copy of the deed to use your timeshare or the club. Go ahead and pay the dues and start using your membership.

CiCi

Reaction score
Club Dues and Deed

Thanks everyone!

The 2016 MF were paid by us as part of closing since we are able to use the 2016 points...just wasn't sure if I should have the deed before paying the club dues, which were not part of closing.

I will go ahead a get my HH credit card out, lol, might has well get a few points!

Have a great day!

CiCi

elleny76

Reaction score
I have a question. My deed was sent 1 week ago. Who do I call first HGVC or GP? I bough 84k in GP. I am looking at the deed at this moment and there is several numbers.
Which number should I give for them to find my member account?
doc#
apn#
inventory control

thanks

If the deed is recorded and the resort is acknowledging you as the owner, you are all set. You don't need a copy of the deed to use your timeshare or the club. Go ahead and pay the dues and start using your membership.

elleny76

Reaction score
The re-seller asked me to pay my 2016 MF to the GP. I still waiting for the next step. I can not wait to get my member #

CiCi - I have an affiliate (Grand Pacific Palisades) and the club dues are included in the maintenance fee. I assume that true HGVC resorts handle it the same. Are you saying they are just trying to collect the club dues without the maintenance fees? If you know it has been recorded, and HGVC is sending you a bill, then they must have processed it. You do not need to wait for a copy of the deed. You can call HGVC and they can verify if you are ready to go.

Ellen - Who wants you to pay for the Maintenance fees, HGVC or a reseller? If it is a reseller I would think that they would have already collected the fee as part of your closing costs. If it is HGVC, and the agreement was that you were to pay the 2016 maintenance fees, then it sounds like you are good to go once the fees have been paid. You should call HGVC to verify.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
I have a question. My deed was sent 1 week ago. Who do I call first HGVC or GP? I bough 84k in GP. I am looking at the deed at this moment and there is several numbers.
Which number should I give for them to find my member account?
doc#
apn#
inventory control

thanks

When I bought Bay Club affiliate, I had to ask the closing company for my HGVC contract #. It came with their final paperwork a couple weeks later :shrug: Closing co. said the contract # was all HGVC sent back to them after Closing notified HGVC of change of ownership. I believe contract # = member #

Using the contract #, HGVC sent me a form to complete and send back with payment to enroll my unit into the club.
My closing company did not collect these fees from me..

A little later when I called Bay Club, they told me to pay 2016 MF directly to them, not on the HGVC site. (Seller had already paid 2015 MF, so I had luxury of waiting till year's end).

So did your closing company notify HGVC as well as GP?
If this wasn't part of their service, then I suggest calling GP first.
I'm sure if you call GP, they'd be glad to send you a MF statement :)

Last edited: