• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Club dues - per property or per owner?

CSamuel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Hilton Club NY and LV Boulevard
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if anyone has experience with the following scenario.
My brother and I jointly own an HGVC-branded timeshare.
My parents own a timeshare within the HGVC network, but it's branded somewhat differently as a "Hilton Club" - specifically, Hilton Club New York.
Both properties are managed through the same online account.
In addition to the annual maintenance fees, each property is also charged annual "club dues" fees.

So my question is - would we save money in the long run by transferring the title to one of the properties? So that we had the same owners listed for both properties?

Another way of asking this is: do "club dues" attach to the owner? Or do they attach to each property? I don't really have an understanding of club dues and what they are supposed to represent.

Thanks in advance.

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC at Boulevard and Craigendarroch Lodges
Just to confirm: you all have the same account and login but have properties with titles in different names?

Usually, you and your brother would have one account and pay the club fee each year and your parents would have another one with their own club fee. They may even have access to the all inclusive option, since they own at bHC, depending, on where they own which would waive many fees

CSamuel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just to confirm: you all have the same account and login but have properties with titles in different names?

Usually, you and your brother would have one account and pay the club fee each year and your parents would have another one with their own club fee. They may even have access to the all inclusive option, since they own at bHC, depending, on where they own which would waive many fees
Yes, we have a single online email address with one set of login information (with my mother's email address) but the title on each property is in different names. I think technically that means they are separate accounts both associated with the same email address (sorry for the imprecise original terminology). We are able to navigate between accounts by using the "Switch Club Account" link on the website, but they are attached to a single email address.

This brings me to my question - would we be able to save on the duplicate club fees by transferring the title to a single set of owners (doesn't really matter to us which set of owners).

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes. If they are all under the same owners and account, you only pay one club fee, no matter how many properties you own. There is a cost to modify the paperwork though... Like $450 but others can confirm. There is also a page on the HGV website to modify ownership.

CSamuel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes. If they are all under the same owners and account, you only pay one club fee, no matter how many properties you own. There is a cost to modify the paperwork though... Like $450 but others can confirm. There is also a page on the HGV website to modify ownership.
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if this is still true where one of the properties is branded as a "Hilton Club"?

HuskerATL

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the reply. Do you know if this is still true where one of the properties is branded as a "Hilton Club"?
If there are two club fees? There are plenty of folks in this group who have both but, as far as I know, only pay one club fee. They can chip in though.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I have a few HGVC, Affiliated and bHC properties and I only pay one club fee per year. They are titled the same. I suggst you use LTTRANSFERS to modify the title.

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
Is "Hilton Club New York" even part of HGVClub?

HGVC "the Residences" starts a couple floors above HCNY. It's listed separately on elevator buttons, and has a check-in on a different floor. When I arrived at HCNY check-in desk, there wasn't a single HGVC marking, or any other indication it's affiliated in any way with HGVC.

CSamuel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is "Hilton Club New York" even part of HGVClub?

HGVC "the Residences" starts a couple floors above HCNY. It's listed separately on elevator buttons, and has a check-in on a different floor. When I arrived at HCNY check-in desk, there wasn't a single HGVC marking, or any other indication it's affiliated in any way with HGVC.
I'm not sure. I know that the HCNY points can be used 1:1 at any HGVC location and we access the account through the HGVC website, but there are also differences in terms of HHonors conversion rates and some differences with fees.

This is why I was checking to see if any owners have both kinds of properties, and if so, what their club fees are like. @HuskerATL suggested it was a single club fee, but I wanted to confirm before initiating a title transfer and incurring that cost.

CSamuel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have a few HGVC, Affiliated and bHC properties and I only pay one club fee per year. They are titled the same. I suggst you use LTTRANSFERS to modify the title.
Thanks for your reply. Does "bHC" stand for Hilton Club?

Nowaker

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: 41,520 points - Coylumbridge, Flamingo, Elara, Trump, 2x Boulevard
I'm not sure. I know that the HCNY points can be used 1:1 at any HGVC location and we access the account through the HGVC website, but there are also differences in terms of HHonors conversion rates and some differences with fees.
Sounds like it is part of HGVClub.

My brother and I jointly own an HGVC-branded timeshare.
My parents own a timeshare within the HGVC network, but it's branded somewhat differently as a "Hilton Club" - specifically, Hilton Club New York.
So, people A and B own X property, and people C and D own Y property? Two club fees as a rule.

Both properties are managed through the same online account.
Sounds like an authorized user arrangement.

A and B own X under account 1.
C and D own Y under account 2.
Then, account 1 is given authorized user permissions to account 2.

As a result, you believe "Both properties are managed through the same online account." which is most likely not true. Rather, C and D stopped using account 2, and switched to using account 1 because it had access to both X and Y. Account 2 is now forgotten by C and D but it exists and is why two separate club fees are assessed.

It's my educated guess.

So my question is - would we save money in the long run by transferring the title to one of the properties? So that we had the same owners listed for both properties?
Yes. Be careful with ROFR though. Developer could exercise ROFR and take it over during transfer. I know developers typically don't exercise ROFR for in-family transfers but... would you trust an internal policy that isn't legally binding them? (it's just like with cops violating department policies - it's their policy, you have no grounds to sue if it's violated) You should do your own research on that by looking through the chain of all seeds up to the initial grant where the rules were first established.

I think the most fundamental question that should be asked is "Can I back out from a transaction (here: $0 transfer from A and B to C and D) and not proceed if a developer (here: HGVC) executes ROFR?". Or rather, "if I back out from a ROFRed transaction, can the developer sue me for specific performance and force the transaction?".

If the answer "yes" to first, and "no" to second, it's safe for you to attempt a transfer. If they waive ROFR, all good, proceed and save $200/year. If they exercise, all good, just back out and continue your ownerships as-is.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
The Gift Affidavit you'll sign asks if the gift-or is related to the gift-ee.
That's 'cuz they auto-waive ROFR for gifts between relations.

But I don't think they look too closely, even if you're not related.
-- From my experience: once as taker and once as giver.

Last edited:

mrharris03

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: SeaWorld II; Kings' Land; Craigendarroch Lodges x2; HCNY; Residences bHC
Vistana: WKORVN
DVC: AUL, VGF
I own HGVC, HCNY and bHC points. HGVC and bHC are in the same “club”/exchange company as described in the HGVC Club Rules/Disclosure document. HCNY is a separate “club” with its own disclosure document and rules. I can access both from the same login, but have to click in to the separate club accounts at login to see each set of points. I pay separate club fees to each club - (1) HGVC/bHC and (2) HCNY.

So, if you own HCNY and non-HCNY points, you pay 2 club dues - one to each “club” - even if titled to the same owner(s), so a title transfer in that case would NOT save money. HCNY points can reserve at HGVC but pay a reservation fee (a bad value IMO), whereas other HCNY in-club reservation transactions are all covered by the HCNY club fee (basically built-in all-inclusive reservation fees).

GT75

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Legacy HGVC
FAVC-Cabo
So, if you own HCNY and non-HCNY points, you pay 2 club dues - one to each “club” - even if titled to the same owner(s), so a title transfer in that case would NOT save money.
Thanks because I didn't know that.

CSamuel

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own HGVC, HCNY and bHC points. HGVC and bHC are in the same “club”/exchange company as described in the HGVC Club Rules/Disclosure document. HCNY is a separate “club” with its own disclosure document and rules. I can access both from the same login, but have to click in to the separate club accounts at login to see each set of points. I pay separate club fees to each club - (1) HGVC/bHC and (2) HCNY.

So, if you own HCNY and non-HCNY points, you pay 2 club dues - one to each “club” - even if titled to the same owner(s), so a title transfer in that case would NOT save money. HCNY points can reserve at HGVC but pay a reservation fee (a bad value IMO), whereas other HCNY in-club reservation transactions are all covered by the HCNY club fee (basically built-in all-inclusive reservation fees).
Thank you so much, this is exactly the information I was looking for. I really appreciate your reply (on Christmas Day, no less!). Cheers to you and yours.